Getting a GS-X
Feb 26, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #61 of 95
I'm also waiting for Justin's response regarding my queries to GSX. Just got confirmation of Pico ready to ship but I cancelled due to GSX.

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #62 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also waiting for Justin's response regarding my queries to GSX. Just got confirmation of Pico ready to ship but I cancelled due to GSX.

nice one basman! same here. was already in the waiting list for the pico. but i got a balanced source, so i cancelled it and just went for the gs-x.

Feb 27, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #63 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got ahold of Justin and apparently he'll start shipping GS-X's in a few weeks
biggrin.gif
I'm sure there is a long backlog before me but at least it sounds like he'll be going through it
smily_headphones1.gif

good news to you! and us
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #66 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice one basman! same here. was already in the waiting list for the pico. but i got a balanced source, so i cancelled it and just went for the gs-x.

I have to work hard mate and eat a lot of can goods to pay the damages
biggrin.gif

I just realize to end this infection I have to go balanced, by the way what cans have good synergy with the GSX. I will be using RS1 from moon audio and HD650 for this amp. I will be selling my DA100 soon and get a DA100sig to complete the rig.

By the way, Soundfreq are you based in the States or your in Phil? thanks!

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #67 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just realize to end this infection I have to go balanced, by the way what cans have good synergy with the GSX. I will be using RS1 from moon audio and HD650 for this amp. I will be selling my DA100 soon and get a DA100sig to complete the rig.

i don't know about other headphones, like your RS1, would have nice synergy with this amp. from what i gathered, or rather remembered, from searching the forums is that the hd650 and the k701 sounds nice balanced, especially being driven by this amp.

i haven't decided yet on which balanced cable i'll get, as i haven't exhausted all the threads regarding the various options
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #69 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GS-X is pretty versatile, its good with a lot of cans. Gonna use HD650 and W5000s with it.

saw your wtb post, getting impatient are we?
icon10.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #71 of 95
i'm on the pico pre order list and i intend to stay there. I want to listen on the go with superb quality and the pico will let me do that for now. I see a GS-X soon in my future. Only question i have is any way to send music to it from my pc. I'm pretty sure for pico i can do it through usb but loooking at the gs-x i'm thinking how to do it and of course saving up the cash for that thing.

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #72 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm on the pico pre order list and i intend to stay there. I want to listen on the go with superb quality and the pico will let me do that for now. I see a GS-X soon in my future. Only question i have is any way to send music to it from my pc. I'm pretty sure for pico i can do it through usb but loooking at the gs-x i'm thinking how to do it and of course saving up the cash for that thing.

my source is a pc too, using an outboard DAC which has balanced output. i think you need a DAC with a balanced output too if you want to run the gs-x as a fully balanced rig, i don't know of any soundcard that has balanced output. let's wait for others to chime in
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #73 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Slim Devices Transporter: Transporter Wireless Network Music Player: The wireless digital music player audiophiles have been waiting for.

More music server devices like the Transporter should be in store for the rest of 2008 and beyond. Linn's Klimax DS is another one on limited release right now.

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #75 of 95
well that pretty much tells me i need to save double the amount to buy the transporter and SR-X,
frown.gif
oh well. Maybe by the time i save it up a minor drop in price and maybe even something better
smily_headphones1.gif
. Gotta think positive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back