Getting a GS-X
Feb 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #46 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by twsmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did Justin give you any idea as to when (approximately) your GS-X might actually be shipped? I ordered a GS-X during last week of Jan 2008, and would be curious to know what the current waiting time seems to be. I'm very patient but still hope it isn't too long!

yup, have been sending him emails since last week, no reply. Was initially inquiring about the GS-1. but i just got a balanced source by accident, so i bumped it up to the GS-X. I wasn't planning on going balanced in the near future, but you just don't let things like this pass you by.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #48 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, what's the conclusion of listening to the GS-X with your K1000s vs the RWA signature?

i'm still building my 4-pin to 3-pin adapter for the k1000 so i haven't had a chance to listen to the k1000/gs-x balanced yet. but based on what others have experienced it seems that the sig30 is by far the better option for the k1000. and i don't doubt that. it drives the k1000 very very nicely. my only qualm was that it's a one-show pony (if you don't also use it for speakers) and i like the versatility of the gs-x, even if it is not ideal for the k1000.

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #49 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to see a DA100sig and CDT100 on top of GSX and a recabled RS1. save save save then go balanced!

that would be quite awesome. or, if you can forego redbook CDs, look into an opus DAC for much less money...

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #50 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well after months of looking around and much oscillation I'm going to get a Headamp GS-X, balanced HD-650's and a DAC1.
biggrin.gif

Now all I have to do is wait until March!

what's your transport? I also have an outboard DAC and was thinking if my transport is any good paired with it.

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #51 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's your transport? I also have an outboard DAC and was thinking if my transport is any good paired with it.

Soundfreq,

I actually use an Dell laptop as my source. I'm running the Benchmark DAC1 USB using the USB connection. I ripped all of my CD's to WMA lossless using Exact Audio Copy and put them on a network HD. Now I don't have to worry about tracking down my CDs (not that it's hard).

I play the audio using foobar 2000 which I find to have the lowest overhead and use ASIO4All to get the data to the DAC. I'd rather not use ASIO4All but for some reason the Benchmark driver + Foobar seems to skip in F2K unless I use ASIO4All and crank up the latency. I also have a m-audio transit and could use it to put optical out to the DAC1 but I have not tried it at this point because I I'm happy with the USB.

I'd highly recommend going this way to anyone. The only issue is the fan noise for the laptop which I am working on (I have a cooling pad arriving today).

Cheers,
Chris

Feb 21, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #52 of 95
Quote:

Soundfreq,

I actually use an Dell laptop as my source. I'm running the Benchmark DAC1 USB using the USB connection. I ripped all of my CD's to WMA lossless using Exact Audio Copy and put them on a network HD. Now I don't have to worry about tracking down my CDs (not that it's hard).

I play the audio using foobar 2000 which I find to have the lowest overhead and use ASIO4All to get the data to the DAC. I'd rather not use ASIO4All but for some reason the Benchmark driver + Foobar seems to skip in F2K unless I use ASIO4All and crank up the latency. I also have a m-audio transit and could use it to put optical out to the DAC1 but I have not tried it at this point because I I'm happy with the USB.

I'd highly recommend going this way to anyone. The only issue is the fan noise for the laptop which I am working on (I have a cooling pad arriving today).

Cheers,
Chris

wow, i didn't people actually ripped to WMA lossless...learn something new every day
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #53 of 95
tongue.gif

I picked it because I wanted my files to sync to my Zen and it seemed the easiest way to achieve this.... did a test at 128 k and I preferred the WMA over MP3 and that sealed the deal. Hey there are lots of oddballs out there I guess I'm one
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #54 of 95
Quote:

Soundfreq,

Cheers,
Chris

we almost have the same setup. i'm running lossless files via winamp + asio thru my sony vaio laptop then to a ps audio outboard dac via usb. i have yet to try foobar. i also have a denon player connected to the dac thru digital coaxial.

my planned setup would be a dedicated media server/desktop running thru the dac then to the GS-X and then balanced cable for the hd650. later on to try the k701 balanced.

i'm still saving up for the GS-X, hopefully when the time comes when justine is about to ship i'm just about ready for the payment. then another catching up to do in terms of funds for the balanced cable for the hd650. one day at a time..........
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #58 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i emailed Justin to put me on the list a week ago and havent heard back yet

i bet he received that email and just wasn't able to reply back. that's what happened to me.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #60 of 95
I finally got ahold of Justin and apparently he'll start shipping GS-X's in a few weeks
biggrin.gif
I'm sure there is a long backlog before me but at least it sounds like he'll be going through it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back