Get the Focal Clear for $839 from Headphones.com!
Nov 16, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #31 of 39
Received my Dekoni aftermarket Velour ear pads today! I did some YouTube research and the "influencer" pointed to the velour as his fave. I like them so far regarding comfort, just a tad bit better on my ears than the stock. Anyone else out there make this switch? Did you stick with these pads vs. the stock?

Nov 16, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #34 of 39
Your Clear OG and mine are fitted with the same light gray stock pads. I am currently listening with the stock pads [which sound just fine].
The Elite fenestrated sheepskin brought, to my ears, a slightly thicker/tighter, weightier and more coherent overall presentation and a wetter, more textured tonality.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #35 of 39
Your Clear OG and mine are fitted with the same light gray stock pads. I am currently listening with the stock pads [which sound just fine].
The Elite fenestrated sheepskin brought, to my ears, a slightly thicker/tighter, weightier and more coherent overall presentation and a wetter, more textured tonality.
I think I’d like that sound tweak.

Nov 16, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #36 of 39
Ordered! I hope you’re happy now. :beyersmile: Thanks for the help!!!

Nov 20, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #37 of 39
Small update on tweaking the Focal Clear headphones. I've replaced the stock cables with a balanced 4.4mm Meze Audio cable. So far I can say I'm glad I did. The stock was way, way too long for desktop use, and really got kinky.

I don't know if going balanced is behind the improved sound I'm hearing, but the bass seems a little less "wooly" now when using some Dekoni Audio Elite Velour EarPads. I do have the Dekoni Auto Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin on the way per Pataburd's recommendations. It will be interesting to see what these fenestrated ear pads do to the sound!

In the meantime I'm enjoying Sons of Kemet's "My Queen Is Anna Julia Cooper"!

IMG_1475.jpeg

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #38 of 39
I think I’d like that sound tweak.
I just received mine today. After a few minutes of listening to the fenestrated sheepskin Dekoni pads I have to agree that your description certainly aligns to what I'm hearing. I like what I am hearing! I think I'll also give the stock another chance, and compare them with these fenestrated sheepskin pads so I can zero in more of which pads I favor. Thanks again for the advice!

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #39 of 39
I just received mine today. After a few minutes of listening to the fenestrated sheepskin Dekoni pads I have to agree that your description certainly aligns to what I'm hearing. I like what I am hearing! I think I'll also give the stock another chance, and compare them with these fenestrated sheepskin pads so I can zero in more of which pads I favor. Thanks again for the advice!
The stock pads are just SO comfortable. I love the feel of them on my skin.
I also bought the fenestrated, but they sit in a box.
Maybe when my stockers look too damn dark, I will pull them out. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back