Germany. What do you associate with Germany?
Jul 2, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #212 of 240
Didn't know Danish was a Romance language.  =P  

"E pluribus unum" - Hamlet

Looks like those Legos don't come w/ instructions huh?

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #214 of 240

Quote:
very influential country - second only to the US. for example, English are Germans wannabe. Germany is to England what the US is to Australia. heh

oulalala you have made my day!! :)

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #215 of 240
ha, Anaxilus - that one made me laugh. but I doubt that it's the Abrams battle tank that makes Irvine so safe.

as for handguns - if it wasn't for my issues with cross-dominance and some vague worries about my hearing, I'd be practicing a bit more often.

and back to the thread: having lived in Germany for a long time, I associate many things with many things - but the only one I miss today is CURRYWURST

Quote:
Actually I have a Glock 19, HK USP, Sig P238, Kimber 1911, .50AE IMI Desert Eagle, Benelli M1 Super 90, AR15, and used to command an M1A1 w/ 2x7.62 240Gs, 1x .50 M2, 1x 120mm smoothbore Rheinmetall AG.  I also happen to live in one of the most consistently safe cities in the U.S. too.  Odd coincidence.  
tongue.gif
  I guess I'm not as well educated as you thought.  
wink.gif

"CAN YOU SMEEELLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'!"  There's nothing like watching 'The Undertaker' with Mozart's Requiem playing in the background while working on my Theory of Unified Physics.  
etysmile.gif

So yeah, Deutschland = PANZERS!

Jul 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #216 of 240

Quote:
You must be of EU origin, or abnormously well educated (or both). I doubt that all is general knowledge in CA...

i am Canadian and we often make fun of Americans for knowing practically nothing about the world outside of the USA. but truth be told they really aren't all that different from Canadians other then we are north of them. stereotypically Canadians are nice people but i have met much nicer people on my trips to the united states.

oh and on topic i associate the following with Germany

Berlin wall
cold war
inflation
reparations
democracy
fascism
communism
Nazi Germany
Volkswagen
sennheiser
beer
science
mathematics
2 world wars
BMW
nice people
etc

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #218 of 240
Bratwurst, Wäcken, order, schnell, precision, Mercedez-Benz, dunkel, München beer festival, eagle's nest, zyklon-b, Wagner, Goethe, krautrock and proto electro like Tangerine Dream, the boobs of Angela Merkel, big bertha, sauerkraut, new year ski jump in Garmich-Partenkirchen, Rummenigge, Willy Brandt, autobahn, trabant, manly DDR shot put women, stazi, berlin wall, Nosferatu, Derrick, blut und eisen............

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #219 of 240

Quote:
i am Canadian and we often make fun of Americans for knowing practically nothing about the world outside of the USA. but truth be told they really aren't all that different from Canadians other then we are north of them. stereotypically Canadians are nice people but i have met much nicer people on my trips to the united states.

It's 30 years ago that I was in north america, however, I remember the average canadian being slightly less cool and a tad more cultivated than its southern counterpart back then. What I also liked was that the combination of pink and blond wasn't so omnipresent.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #222 of 240
Funny statement. I think Great Britain is... uhm... great!! At least for me. There was no other country before where so much women liked me... a 6'5" baby face...
biggrin.gif

But, well, I've never been to the U.S. so far...

Quote:
very influential country - second only to the US. for example, English are Germans wannabe. Germany is to England what the US is to Australia. heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back