Germany. What do you associate with Germany?
Feb 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #226 of 240
just bought a german reisling...yummmmmmm
now to find some beersticks..crunchhhhh
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #227 of 240
In order (brainstorm!) :

U-boat
Nazi
BMW
Audi
Einstein
Martin Luther
Albrecht Durer
Mont Blanc
Sennheiser
Handel
Pachelbel
Gutenberg
Beyerdynamic
Mercedes Benz
Julia Fischer
Zimmer
Anne Sophie Mutter
and list keeps going on and on..

I'm a huge fan of German made products. Outstanding craftsmanship. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #229 of 240
Since craft beer is another one of my passions (and money sinks), Germany's great beer culture comes to mind. Though the archaic beer purity law (googled it to remember the term is Reinheitsgebot, I believe) limits the creativity German brewers may pursue.   

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #230 of 240
The limits which come with our Reinheitsgebot are not that "bad".

Being 30 years old, I have drunken more than 600 different German beers all over Germany and Austria (I made myself a list).

So the beer variety is quite good here, I think...
regular_smile%20.gif

We have over 1200 breweries here and more than 5000 different beers, if I remember the numbers correctly.

So at least 4400 beers will have still to be drunken by me...
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #233 of 240
the Porrajmos
2 crappy bosses
1 great camera
2 great operas
Xenophobia
Good beer
Crap chocolate
Nice vehicles, headphones, and optics.

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #234 of 240

Quote:
The limits which come with our Reinheitsgebot are not that "bad".

Being 30 years old, I have drunken more than 600 different German beers all over Germany and Austria (I made myself a list).

So the beer variety is quite good here, I think...
regular_smile%20.gif

We have over 1200 breweries here and more than 5000 different beers, if I remember the numbers correctly.

So at least 4400 beers will have still to be drunken by me...
wink_face.gif

Oh, it's one of my goals to visit and drink beers in Germany (and Belgium as well).  Probably not for Oktoberfest, but just being able to drink my way around the country when it's quieter :p  German brewers have made some unique beers, and have gotten around the purity law with styles like gose and berlinerweiss. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #236 of 240
I rode the train to Munster, Germany.  I was jet-lagged but it was all right.

I have "Das Keyboard" which has mechanical keys and no letters. Not sure if it is actually made in Germany, but it is a damn good keyboard.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #238 of 240
I rode the train to Munster, Germany.  I was jet-lagged but it was all right.

I have "Das Keyboard" which has mechanical keys and no letters. Not sure if it is actually made in Germany, but it is a damn good keyboard.

I think it's made in Taiwan, and I think the boss has a German wife, hence the name.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #239 of 240
I am from Asia, FWIW.

In my mind, when I think of Germany, I picture nice pretty castle surrounded by nicely manicured gardens with absolutely no one there,
other pretty artistic/classical looking building, polite "proper" people. Probably not an accurate picture, I have never been there, or anywhere near Europe.

As for things I associate with Germany: nice toys (lenses, cars and etc), WW2, gargling R pronunciation, Euro, Angela Merkel.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #240 of 240
Nordschleife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back