Genuine leather replacement for Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
Oct 24, 2017 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tatillo Fara

New Head-Fier
Recently got a pair of Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC and the audio quality is good but my ears get very hot after half an hour or so. I am thinking I can get a more comfortable experience with replacement ear pads. Sennheiser confirmed the out of the box earpads are made of leatherette and recommended their M2 replacement ear pads. Do you have any experience with that or recommend a third party vendor? Issue is they are 90x70mm and I'm having a hard time finding some genuine leather replacement of those dimensions. Also, which type of material should I aim for? Is sheepskin the best?

P.S. I am new to the headphone space thanks to a new passion for podcasts and many calls for work. I'm glad there's a forum for that!

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 6
[Bump] I have the same issue with the headband on my Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNCs. I had read reviews that the headband was uncomfortable, but got them anyways since I liked the sound quality, the price, and figured I could get an aftermarket headband. But there don't appear to be many of these. If any know of a good work-around for the headband, or have experience putting a different headband on similar Sennheiser cans, I'd be grateful!

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 6
You might have a look at the ZMF Pilot Pad but that headband might be too skinny just by looking at it but it does come in 3 different varieties and one is Sheepskin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back