Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 7, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #721 of 1,629
Mine are still burning in and they are a little bass heavy at the moment. I have fitted Spiral Dots which have added a bit of sparkle in the treble and I plan to use a TRI Through cable next although I was surprised by the quality of the stock cable. Work in progress...

I'm using wide + shallow bore CP360 (TWS) that tightens the bass. It is still a significant part of the overall picture but its cleaner. Any silver you can throw it will help too!

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #722 of 1,629
Yeah things occupy space not just position and no space is wasted as if it all 'just fits' around your head, which for the price, is where my jaw hits the floor.
This is cool to hear, mine are set to arrive this week, ordered last week of july, and after reading that I think I might want to try them with vr.
I doubt they'll beat the spacious feeling of my ex800st or it's lifelike bass but I think it'll slot well next to it as a secondary set with an actual ability to somewhat isolate, ex800sts are useless if you want isolation being open backs, I'm hoping these will be a bit more able to isolate lol

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #723 of 1,629
I'm using wide + shallow bore CP360 (TWS) that tightens the bass. It is still a significant part of the overall picture but its cleaner. Any silver you can throw it will help too!
Ah. Maybe I should try the KBEAR Limpid Pro instead!

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #725 of 1,629
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #727 of 1,629
Is the Penon CS819 cable a decent match for the GK10? Just wondering if anyone else is doing this pair up. I’ve got it in my cart at the moment.
Will have to find them but I have a set I can try out. Will let you know later. Gotta post some reviews first..

What are the DDs in gk10?
8mm Dome type titanium plated dynamic for bass
7mm graphene plated dynamic for mids. Very good combo.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #728 of 1,629
Mine are still burning in and they are a little bass heavy at the moment. I have fitted Spiral Dots which have added a bit of sparkle in the treble and I plan to use a TRI Through cable next although I was surprised by the quality of the stock cable. Work in progress...
Spiral Dot tips tend to emphasise the mid bass to low mids for me, it may not be helpful if you think there's already too much bass

*Maybe emphasise is the wrong word, but it definitely sounds slightly loose/bloated in that region

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #729 of 1,629
So the Penon CS819 cable is a great match up for the GK10. Very natural in presentation. These are more copper based so the tonality is leaning a just a sliver more warmer than the new stock cable. Surprisingly the stage is slightly more expanded vs the stock cable as well. It is subtle but noticeable. Adds a touch more body to the sound too. Folks that love their vocals to have some added weight to the sonics these are very good in that regard. It definitely synergizes well with the GK10 tuning. Vocal lovers would love this cable on their GK10. Nice little upgrade even over the new 8 core SPC cable that comes with the new batch of GK10s.
DSC08515.JPG

My method of testing cables is not scientific but I go from one cable to the other in single ended I had to use a pigtail adapter on the balanced CS819 cable otherwise it was playing the same tracks back and forth several times. The new stock cable is very good vs their previous cable but something like this CS819 does even better on the GK10.
GK10 scales really well to what you throw on them. Be it an upgraded cable or a nicer source or both.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #730 of 1,629
I tried out the e-horns on the GK10s today after an unsuccessful switch to the Radio Shack tips that work on a lot of things. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but they sounded very congested. Anyway the e-horns are a winner. Better comfort and seal than stock, and they sound really good. They are a tight fit on the stems, but you can get them on.

Aug 8, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #731 of 1,629
1: Just cable rolled GK10 with 4.4mm balanced finish
PWA Copper 28 V2($90): adds extra warmth to mid-bass, but it exchanges some air presentation
PWA Legend II ($95) : similar to Copper V2, it further boost bass floor, and lowers treble response, not a good pair to GK10, I’d actually finds it to be a good match with bit too bright and shouty Believe and NM2+.
KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 core pure silver ( $35) : a very good match with GK10, lift little bits of extra bass floor, more forward midranges, and still possesses good staging and air presence. imaging gets better than stock cable on this, not quite to Monarch level, but it’s almost hitting there 90%.

2: GK3 arrived, hmmm if someone is looking DQ6 level, it’s not there. I’m burning in to see if something changes, out of box it didn’t sound much different than QKZ AK series, not impressed atm

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #732 of 1,629
I have been using the Mangird Teas and Blon 03s for a year. And recently gotten hold of the GK10. Had them burned in for 30 hrs. After quite abit of tip rolling, the GK10 is besting out the Mangird Teas for me. Vocals and overall PraT is better on the GK10s. And they are 200 bucks cheaper then the Mangirds.

These GK10s are really so tip dependent. For me, I had to find a Tip that has mid sized bore size, between those provided with the GK10. And also a deep fit, rather a then a shallow Fit. The opaque tips that came with the Mangird Teas gives the best tonal balance for me.

Aug 8, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #733 of 1,629
I have been using the Mangird Teas and Blon 03s for a year. And recently gotten hold of the GK10. Had them burned in for 30 hrs. After quite abit of tip rolling, the GK10 is besting out the Mangird Teas for me. Vocals and overall PraT is better on the GK10s. And they are 200 bucks cheaper then the Mangirds.

These GK10s are really so tip dependent. For me, I had to find a Tip that has mid sized bore size, between those provided with the GK10. And also a deep fit, rather a then a shallow Fit. The opaque tips that came with the Mangird Teas gives the best tonal balance for me.
By deep fit, do you mean the IEMs in your ears or the tips over the nozzles of the IEM? Also, any pictures of the opague Mangird Tea tips? :slight_smile:

Aug 8, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #734 of 1,629
The removing dumper filter is more of acoustic chamber ventilation, which could change whole structure of the IEM. That’s the reason a drastic change, a grade promotion, could happen. I have hundreds of IEMs and not many of those undergoes such a change, I tip roll for all IEMs, and my matrix is based on the comprehensive impression of whole. So the bottomline is that tip rolling could change some frequency tonality by a grade, which will change some marginal scores. And yes my current rating for modded Aria is 81/100, and GK10 is 85/100, that 4 score gap could be possibly flipped.

let’s stop discussion, I feel it is only productive when both have same IEMs so that the fundamental starting point could be determined, now the only starting point is Aria, and you have no reference on GK10 on GK10 thread, it’s hard to referencing for further details, it will be only an abstract one.
I just realised, with the rampant frequency mismatch even if both of us had the GK10 there would be nothing certain to discuss :sweat_smile: Not to mention different sources and preferences too... I should probably learn to take your ranking table with more salt, as with many other things :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back