Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 7, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #706 of 1,633
People searching for Blon killers probably need to spend a bit more time on the forums and AliExpress 🤣🤣🤣 Jokes apart, IMO Blon has been marginalized in last 6 months or so with some fantastic offerings in the sub $50 price segment.

With these chifi iems it seems like every week something new and better is coming out. Hard to stay on top of it, for those of us that don't want to catch them all.

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #707 of 1,633
I thot you would like them too, from some of our other talks. I ordered blue but they ran out and sent me another color, kinda greyish brown. I love blue, but as you say, they sound so good I could care less what they look like now.
The green ones I've seen look pretty good too. May order another blue just cause I like it so much and want a backup in case it breaks.
Yeah, I'm thinking of that, too. But I think I'll wait for the GK1000 first. I'm also really fighting the desire for the new IMRs. I have the R2 Reds and they are, bar none, my favorites. But the GK10 (and even the DQ6s, which are like a pair of retro floor speakers in my ears) are so much more affordable and have really great performance above their price tag.

I'll have to snap a picture of my greens later and post it. They really are lovely.

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #708 of 1,633
People searching for Blon killers probably need to spend a bit more time on the forums and AliExpress 🤣🤣🤣 Jokes apart, IMO Blon has been marginalized in last 6 months or so with some fantastic offerings in the sub $50 price segment.
I have to admit to getting on the Blon hype train, and I just don't find them that special. But lots of people love them, so I'm glad they found a gem. This price point is getting so incredibly competitive that it's amazing when I see the reviews and impressions of people buying over $1k IEMs. I don't think my ears are discerning enough to get that much more enjoyment for that much money.

Aug 7, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #709 of 1,633
Is the Penon CS819 cable a decent match for the GK10? Just wondering if anyone else is doing this pair up. I’ve got it in my cart at the moment.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #710 of 1,633
Sorry to hear of your issues with the GK10 Clear...I had similar issues with the right side iem but Penon sent me out another pair, which haven't arrived yet, with no hassle. I'm hoping they will take care of you as well.. It is a Great set and it would be a shame if qc dumps it into the toilet.. It might make folks reluctant to try the GK100 which is due out in October....
Yea, hopefully the QC will come to pass. They worked it out with me and mine is on its way, too. :sweat_smile::fingers_crossed:

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #713 of 1,633
Hmm speaking of qc... my left earpiece occasionally has much lower volume than the right one, to a point where it can sound like it is switched off. Unplugging the jack and plugging it back in seems to fix this issue. It is not the cable, since I've tried a different one with similar results. Should I worry/complain about it to the store?

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #714 of 1,633
Hmm speaking of qc... my left earpiece occasionally has much lower volume than the right one, to a point where it can sound like it is switched off. Unplugging the jack and plugging it back in seems to fix this issue. It is not the cable, since I've tried a different one with similar results. Should I worry/complain about it to the store?

If you're confident it's the IEM I would raise the issue with Penon.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #715 of 1,633
An impressive aspect of the GK10 is how well the five different drivers are integrated. Four different types and a 4 way crossover and it is seamless. I think this is the key to why they sound so good.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #716 of 1,633
An impressive aspect of the GK10 is how well the five different drivers are integrated. Four different types and a 4 way crossover and it is seamless. I think this is the key to why they sound so good.

This and other intangible things like imaging. The image it creates is very coherent. A field of sound but one that has discernable parts. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #717 of 1,633
Agreed. It's almost like the elements in the sound field have a 3 dimensionality- like the difference between a person and a cardboard cutout of a person.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #718 of 1,633
Agreed. It's almost like the elements in the sound field have a 3 dimensionality- like the difference between a person and a cardboard cutout of a person.

Yeah things occupy space not just position and no space is wasted as if it all 'just fits' around your head, which for the price, is where my jaw hits the floor.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #719 of 1,633
With these chifi iems it seems like every week something new and better is coming out. Hard to stay on top of it, for those of us that don't want to catch them all.
Honestly, it's not like every week there's an IEM that's great or even good. You get a genuinely good IEM in approximately 3-4 weeks. Most of the times, they're sidegrades.
I have to admit to getting on the Blon hype train, and I just don't find them that special. But lots of people love them, so I'm glad they found a gem. This price point is getting so incredibly competitive that it's amazing when I see the reviews and impressions of people buying over $1k IEMs. I don't think my ears are discerning enough to get that much more enjoyment for that much money.
I agree. Blon was special in 2019 when there weren't many musical options available for $20. But after two years, things have changed dramatically. Honestly, I feel this sub $50 price point is where the real action is where things are changing in 3-4 months. The level of innovation is truly astounding. And, that's good for us hobbyists who can save some money by not compromising on sonic pleasure.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #720 of 1,633
This and other intangible things like imaging. The image it creates is very coherent. A field of sound but one that has discernable parts. I'm not sure how else to describe it.
Mine are still burning in and they are a little bass heavy at the moment. I have fitted Spiral Dots which have added a bit of sparkle in the treble and I plan to use a TRI Through cable next although I was surprised by the quality of the stock cable. Work in progress...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back