Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 29, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #331 of 1,620
Listened last night, after letting them burn in for 6-7 hours, on my N3pro in ultra linear mode to lots of classic rock tracts...... these are the REAL DEAL. What immediately stood out to me was the separation and staging and rock solid placement of elements. Already feel it bests the Tea and scratches at the MEST.
They have a very draw you into the music character. Love that they are practically weightless!
I haven't heard a million IEMs but I 'm not aware of any glaring frequency issues at all. DD drivers opening up too. Total keepers for the price of admission....

Jul 29, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #332 of 1,620

Accordingly to FR graph, GK3 is not that special. It tends to be an another toy for the collection purposes, or just a way to support geeks. Depends on a viewpoint.
I'd not expect much from this.
Wow, what a dip. Thanks for sharing the graph
Though that said the shell looks more 'normal' which is nice
I don't really get the heart-shaped wood thingy. If anything, I could gift the GK3 to my friend without him thinking it's valentine :smiley:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #333 of 1,620
Will do, and I will also tip-roll. I switched to the CP100 and I feel this is an improvement. Once I have them running for longer and compared them, I will either post my thoughts here or write a review :).
From your comment earlier, it seems you prefer more V-shaped up and down style and CP100 is a good V-shape booster👍 I’d recommend try some silver plated copper cables too, if you still feel lacking mid-bass.

Jul 29, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #334 of 1,620

Accordingly to FR graph, GK3 is not that special. It tends to be an another toy for the collection purposes, or just a way to support geeks. Depends on a viewpoint.
I'd not expect much from this.
Ouch that looks like very V shape, 20db cliff! Will verify.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #335 of 1,620
Also getting one :) I found one used for $12 including shipping. Just couldn't resist..
Try GK10 too! Interested in comparison to RS10 in terms of sound stage.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #336 of 1,620
has anyone compared the gk10 to the $100 BQEYZ spring1 that is also a DD+BA+piezzo but with a "normal" shape + solid metal design + better cable + widely reviewed + welknown company, thanks

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #337 of 1,620
Mod note: I've cleaned up a number of recent posts in this thread. Let's try to stay on topic and if there's an issue, please click the "report" link at the bottom of the post so that the moderators can handle the situation. Thanks!
Thanks Joe...it was well overdue - this thread has been really conducive in informing members regarding all things: GK10...tbh I've never experienced anyone so widely
insulting as he was...good riddance I say !!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #338 of 1,620
From your comment earlier, it seems you prefer more V-shaped up and down style and CP100 is a good V-shape booster👍 I’d recommend try some silver plated copper cables too, if you still feel lacking mid-bass.
Weird thing is, really not into v-shape. I prefer the FH3 over the FD5 and L4 and I don't really own any V(or U)-shape IEMs because I tend to sell them. Mostly into bass-boosted neutral or "L-shape" tunings. My go to tips are the Final E's, but it's a b*tch to get them where I from, unless I keep ordering E1000C and then throw away everything but the M-sized tips, which is rather wasteful. I'll need to get different cables for the at some point, though these aren't the worse cables I've seen so far (looking at you T2). Only have MMCX cables, I've had two 2-pins but sold both of them (Starfield and L4).
Tomorrow when I start comparing, I will probably use Final E's or Sony EP-EX10A.

Small update so far: They are more coherent than I would have thought. I love the FH3, but every now and then they feel a bit chaotic, like the drivers aren't working together very well. Considering these have more drivers and an extra type of driver I expected them to be pretty incoherent but I'm pleasently surprised so far.

Jul 29, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #339 of 1,620
Mod note: I've cleaned up a number of recent posts in this thread. Let's try to stay on topic and if there's an issue, please click the "report" link at the bottom of the post so that the moderators can handle the situation. Thanks!
Thank you so much, 🙏

Jul 29, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #340 of 1,620
Tried a copper cable on the Geek Wold GK10, reverted back to the TRi Through silver plated which I think sounds mildly more detailed, but this Wold champion sounds good with both good quality copper and silver plated cables. Also I tried Azla Sedna Earfit Xelastec L, but for my ears the JVC Spiral Dot L had a more emphatic bass.

Some very busy Klezmer guitar rock that sounds good on the GK10

Some African Music that sounds great on the GK10

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #341 of 1,620
Right after I've posted, they arrived.

I've ended up paying tax to the delivery guy as well. So, this is sth new but anyway not that related...
IMG_20210726_161010_309.jpg
OOTB, I like what I hear and I don't hear mid bass bloating to the mids. Very energetic set of IEMs I'd say. It has a great synergy and coherence. Mids are nice for both male and female vocals, lush.
20210726_160603.jpg
I don't agree with BGGAR's graph for the bass part. However, I agree with his graph when it comes to treble because there's a peak at 10k definitely, causing slight sibilance.

Piezos do their job well and it's really airy, ultra high ends come with good resolution.

The cable and accessories are bad. I immediately hear the difference when I change the cable to a third party one.
20210726_160707.jpg
These guys sounds different with every cable and set of tips. So, definitely try them with different options.
20210726_160813.jpg
The soundstage is good with a well distribution on three dimensions. Different cables effect the depth of it. Some makes it deeper with narrowing the width. The timbre is good and overall tonality is done well considering that these guys using 4 actual different type of drivers.

They don't need amping amd sound fine with every device I used. I don't even hear any hiss from my dx160's 3.5mm. Not even with high impedance...

20210726_161501.jpg

I'd say one thing. This is not bu..s...! These headphones definitely hits well above its price range. It can easily compete with the ones above 100$. For example, I'd take GK10 over Bqeyz Summer. Mids are great with GK10. GK10 is not that harsh in the treble part. Bass is better on Summer, but, I'll give some time to burning the GK10 and see how it goes as the Summer is already above 100 hours.

Comparing to LZ A7, well they're definitely not in the same class. LZ A7 excels over the GK10 in every aspect, maybe the bass is not that strong on A7. However, switching from GK10 to A7 doesn't reveal a day&night difference, I don't hear a price 5-6 times price jump. So, I understand what Dsnuts meant.

Folks, let me say that I'm surprised and more hopeful at the the same time that a set worth of 45$ can deliver that SQ. These sets can be end game for some having difficulties buying an IEM even over 50$ price level...
after 3 days of extra test time do you still prefer gk10 over bqeyz summer overall ? thanks

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #342 of 1,620
Listened last night, after letting them burn in for 6-7 hours, on my N3pro in ultra linear mode to lots of classic rock tracts...... these are the REAL DEAL. What immediately stood out to me was the separation and staging and rock solid placement of elements. Already feel it bests the Tea and scratches at the MEST.
They have a very draw you into the music character. Love that they are practically weightless!
I haven't heard a million IEMs but I 'm not aware of any glaring frequency issues at all. DD drivers opening up too. Total keepers for the price of admission....
How would you compare the GK10 vs your Isabellae? TIA.

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #343 of 1,620
How would you compare the GK10 vs your Isabellae? TIA.

Happy to chip in here too...

Isabellae: subtle subbass, good midbass impact, slight warm leaning, generally more forward and drier presentation especially with vocals, more solid note weight, exciting uppermids/lower treble, great coherency (obviously) and instrument separation
GK10: more palpable subbass, mids (and vocals) more neutral in the mix, more spherical stage with better layering, greater transparency, temperature is warmer than Isabellae, air is more palpable, coherency is on par.

Isabellae is my choice for music where guitar and vocal work is center stage and intimacy is important and for Jazz and world music. It balances detail and warmth really, really well.

GK10 is my go-to for electronic, ambient, soundscape; anything that relies upon layering/staging/imaging/dynamics and air.

Having said all of this, if I could only take one IEM on a trip, it would be the GK10 as I feel it manages more of my library and does it more to my tastes than Isa.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #344 of 1,620
Happy to chip in here too...

Isabellae: subtle subbass, good midbass impact, slight warm leaning, generally more forward presentation especially with vocals, more solid note weight, exciting uppermids/lower treble, great coherency (obviously) and instrument separation
GK10: more palpable subbass, mids (and vocals) more neutral in the mix, more spherical stage with better layering, more transparent, temperature is warmer than Isabellae, air is more palpable, coherency is on par.

Isabellae is my choice for music where guitar and vocal work is center stage and intimacy is important and for Jazz and world music. It balances detail and warmth really, really well.

GK10 is my go-to for electronic, ambient, soundscape; anything that relies upon layering/staging/imaging/dynamics and air.

Having said all of this, if I could only take one IEM on a trip, it would be the GK10 as it feel its manages more of my library and does it more to my tastes than Isa.
They cater for every genre...with flying colours....and then some !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back