Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 24, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,096 of 1,619
My Penon package is being (finally) delivered today, and there's also a GK10 inside.

QC lotery aside, I wanna give it fair impressions, so I'll let you guys help maximizing the experience. What I need to know is:

* What type of cable should I use? Im not a cable believer, but I own a good couple of cables to try them on.
* Best kind of tips? (I dont own CP360)
* what kind of sources? Only have M3X, btr5 and dongles at my disposal in this moment.

Also I'll throw in advance that I don't own a measuring rig yet, so no graph from me yet.

Thanks in advance!
Just try whatever cables you own and use whatever makes them tick for you.

Since you too aren't a cable zealot, so it shouldn't matter much whether is gold/silver/copper/unobtanium.

For tips, use all options available at your disposal and see what works best for you. Starlines do the job for me.

If you want to tweak treble response try MH755 tips. Will improve bass and also adjust treble accordingly.

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #1,097 of 1,619
Penon re still dragging their heels with my GK10 issue. I broke them and sent a picture but they considered them "disassembled" and not destroyed. I broke them again and here is the picture: Does anyone think any sound will emanate from them now? Ha ha!

Attachments

• IMG_20210825_100541.jpg
    IMG_20210825_100541.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Aug 25, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #1,098 of 1,619
Does anyone think any sound will emanate from them now? Ha ha!
If you put them in a tin mug and shake them near your ear, you can get more expensive sound than a $ 150-300 sound. With a real price list, only 45.
An intriguing thought: I wonder if the fragments of the GK100 will sound better than the fragments of the GK10?
Sorry, I could not resist commenting after watching this audio exorcism.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #1,099 of 1,619
Penon re still dragging their heels with my GK10 issue. I broke them and sent a picture but they considered them "disassembled" and not destroyed. I broke them again and here is the picture: Does anyone think any sound will emanate from them now? Ha ha!
You'll probably have to break apart every one of the multiple drivers present within the units :stuck_out_tongue:

Aug 25, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #1,100 of 1,619

So ... what music were you listening to during said breakage, and did the hammer blows coincide on an upbeat or downbeat? :thinking: :p

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #1,103 of 1,619

I see you have used the John Cleese, 'Fawlty Towers' method. It's always guaranteed to work. Everything works after good kicking or hammering.

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,104 of 1,619
This is now unrecognisable, it's not GK10 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #1,105 of 1,619
So ... what music were you listening to during said breakage, and did the hammer blows coincide on an upbeat or downbeat? :thinking: :p
Roy Harris, Symphony
No. 6, second movement: No hammer required!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #1,106 of 1,619
Four days of break in with the Eletech Prudence cable have turned the Geek into a bass monster and the rest of the freqs ain't too bad either, but I am an old duffer and anything above 8K is silence. Really good cheap old guys IEM.

Aug 25, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,107 of 1,619
Same here. I can't seem to get them to respond to my emails.

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #1,108 of 1,619
Same here. I can't seem to get them to respond to my emails.
I received an email from them this morning. A new set is on the way.

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #1,109 of 1,619
In the last 24 hours the potential mine have been showing over the last week or so has really blossomed. There's now a nice big open sound with great instrument separation and plenty of detail. They have a warm sound overall, but if I was fault them I'd say they could do with a touch less warmth and a bit more transparency or crispiness. But then we are not talking about a TOTL IEM. With the wide bore tips I find them to be very well balanced, and while the bass end has a richness to it, I don't find them to be bass heavy.

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #1,110 of 1,619
Four days of break in with the Eletech Prudence cable have turned the Geek into a bass monster and the rest of the freqs ain't too bad either, but I am an old duffer and anything above 8K is silence. Really good cheap old guys IEM.
my set should arrive in few days and i've never done a burn in process, can you please explain me how to do it properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back