Geek Wave: Limited Time Indiegogo Only Pricing
Feb 20, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #121 of 163

We are shipping Pulse units as we speak, and will begin to get more Pulse X models out the door come next week, We are in the last quarter of getting the Pulse unit to the masses, when you include the development, production and fulfillment of the Pulse which by the way typically will take any other company much longer then two years to do. 

Thank you Manny, I know you try the best but it is just not sufficient, unfortunately your response is defensive rather than reflective. You don't even realize about your problems as a company that fails to deliver and instead make excuses to say that even when you are 1 year late you are better than most other companies. Thank you for updating that 1 year later finally you may be able to deliver. Thank you for reminding us that it could have been worse, that most other companies would need more than 2 years and you can do it in just 2 years. If you knew that for the start why did you not tell the truth when you initiated the campaign and promised to deliver the product within a time frame that it was impossible for you to meet? 

But this is not about Geel Pulse, it is about Geek wave. I stand for what I am saying to everyone who may not know your mantra at LH labs. They should be warned, based on your past campaigns, that the chances that the Geek wave is delivered on time are zero, and most likely it will be delayed by a ton of time. They should be aware that when Geek Wave comes to market many months later chances are that they will find that the product is not better than products they could buy today and are already in production by companies who care about delivering (e.g. Fiio X5, Pono, etc).

It is a fair warning to the head Fi community. They should know the risk they take and know that you tend to mislead in your marketing and with your delivery timelines. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #122 of 163
I was interested in getting the 1964 Adel kickstarter, but I refuse to jump on crowdfunding. There is to many problems and the people that backed the Adel are already feeling it. I would rather let the company work out any bugs and wait a few months after it is released to the public.

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #123 of 163
  I was interested in getting the 1964 Adel kickstarter, but I refuse to jump on crowdfunding. There is to many problems and the people that backed the Adel are already feeling it. I would rather let the company work out any bugs and wait a few months after it is released to the public.

I don't get the same impression from Adel.  Yes a bit more information on progress would be nice.  But Vitaliy has already advised that there will be another update pretty soon.  As far as we know - they are on track.  Haven't heard anything to the contrary.  And 1964 Ears have a pretty good service record. I had no issues backing them (U6).

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #124 of 163

You've been drinking too much of the LH kool-aid. If it takes two years then why did you have a May 2014 delivery date during the campaign? If you didn't already have people's money most would be long gone and you'd be out of business by now. 

I wouldn't say out of business, Da Vinci does great. I know i am very optimistic about LH products but i had chances listening to Pulse with all its configurations (Minus the naked resistors as of yet)
and at trade shows like many of our backers have and i know you guys will love it. I don't mean to brag or anything but i do ask for a little bit patience, i want you to have your items as  much as you do.

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #126 of 163

You've been drinking too much of the LH kool-aid. If it takes two years then why did you have a May 2014 delivery date during the campaign? If you didn't already have people's money most would be long gone and you'd be out of business by now. 

Yes...I remember that too!!

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #131 of 163

I wouldn't say out of business, Da Vinci does great. I know i am very optimistic about LH products but i had chances listening to Pulse with all its configurations (Minus the naked resistors as of yet)
and at trade shows like many of our backers have and i know you guys will love it. I don't mean to brag or anything but i do ask for a little bit patience, i want you to have your items as  much as you do.

So how many Da Vinci's have sold recently? 100? If the crowd-funding campaigns supposedly lose money then how do you make the payroll?

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #133 of 163
  I see their ad stating best selling hi res player, am i missing something?   As a newbie the whole thing seems a bit confusing :/ 

Then this isn't for you.  It's for ultra hardcore fans who are willing to pay up to over a year in advance for a product that is still being developed. You're pre-ordering without the knowledge of when the audio player will be released.    It's a new business strategy on the internet. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #134 of 163

Then this isn't for you.  It's for ultra hardcore fans who are willing to pay up to over a year in advance for a product that is still being developed. You're pre-ordering without the knowledge of when the audio player will be released.    It's a new business strategy on the internet. 

I get the whole startup thing, just the best selling part is misleading i.e. a book is a bestseller after it has been released.  Also the startup thing did not fare so well for a few of us backing Kettle Cycles new carbon brake rotors - the first run missed expectations.  I guess its a gamble, but I learned my lesson.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #135 of 163
And the usual bunch comes out and starts whining. I have said it before and I'll say it again that crowd funding is not for everyone. You are buying a potential product and paying upfront in lieu of getting a substantial discount. I have backed over 25 products now and realize there will be elements of risk and failure. It depends entirely on your appetite for risk and I have been lucky enough to only ever lose $25 but my savings on various products made up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back