Geek Wave: Limited Time Indiegogo Only Pricing
Feb 4, 2015 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163

chartwell85

Previously Member of the trade: LH Labs Light Harmonic
Geek Wave is a high performance portable music player, made for discerning ears.

Apple has completely abandoned iPod, the original portable music player. Their vision is to integrate music playback into the iPhone. That's great for everyday music listeners, but what about those of us who don't want our music interrupted when a phone call, email, or text comes in? What about those of us who want the highest quality sound? We know when you start mashing up devices, compromises have to be made. What about those of us who love what high-resolution digital audio sounds like? We know iPhone just can't cut it.

We're trying to save the portable music player, and we're not alone. Along with friends like Sony, Pono, and Astell & Kern, we're dedicated to making a small, portable device that's dedicated to one task: to uncompromisingly playback high resolution music.

For more information please visit: http://bit.ly/geekwaveplayer

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 163
One of the better looking portables in the price range IMO.  Would love to see an android phone like this if that's even a thing which I don't think it is.  Carriers too greedy so will likely never happen.  Hopefully I am misinformed.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 163
Well, the headphone jack is in the right place and WOW SD SLOT, GREAT!!! I'm serious, SD >>> microSD
Looks really nice, unfortunatly don't have the money to get it... 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #9 of 163
The epic saga continues....wake me when it's in production.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #10 of 163
what scares my is that there is no 2tb sdxc or micro sd so how it's suppose to support it? plus the specs are a bit wired, well i mean the spec upgrade system.
it feels a bit like pay to win game, you need to pay more for more parts in you're player and that is just super wired for the asking price of 300$ on indiegogo.

this is just too fishy for my taste  

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #12 of 163
  what scares my is that there is no 2tb sdxc or micro sd so how it's suppose to support it? plus the specs are a bit wired, well i mean the spec upgrade system.
it feels a bit like pay to win game, you need to pay more for more parts in you're player and that is just super wired for the asking price of 300$ on indiegogo.

SDXC is a specified format that can support (eventually) up to 2TB under the current design. So as long as they design the DAP to be fully compatible with SDXC standards, the Wave (any DAP, really) will be able to support any future SDXC cards.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #13 of 163

Do a search on You Tube there is some videos of it and just do a search of Geek Pulse problems.

Just wanted to hop in real quick to address you concerns.  Currently, we've sent out thousands of our DACs (including Geek Out and Geek Pulse). The failure rate is 2% ~ 3% in the beginning and will get even lower as production line becomes more fine-tuned over time.  If a customer does happen to have any issues with their products, we have a new support ticket system to let people address their technical issues.  We truly encourage people to discuss how they use our products and there is a variety of means to do so. We are active in head-fi.org and we also have the dedicated  Geek Forum found here:  http://lhlabs.com/force/index.  

Thanks again for checking out Geek Wave! 

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #14 of 163

they dont exist as of yet. but there are devices which support them on the hardware level so that when they come out....

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #15 of 163
well considering that the max for a long time now (over 2-3 years) is 256gb and they barley sell or make them there will not be a need to make 2 tb sd cards in the next 5-10 years so you get an 32gb with extra up to 256 gb (that costs the same as the player) or you add mor money to get the 64 gb ver and to add to that the good chip that cost more money and to add to that the battery that lasts 10 hours more money you get to a 600$+ tire and in that price range you have real crazy sq players with better specs and same memory 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back