Geek Wave: Limited Time Indiegogo Only Pricing
Feb 20, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #139 of 163

The problem is when you start to make stuff up, it's hard to keep the story straight. Remember Sir Walter Scott said, "Oh what a tangled web we weave..."

I don't have to make stuff up because I actually paid for my Geek Pulse X in full in November of 2013.  Thanks for reminding me to dig up the actual delivery estimated.  So the May 2014 delivery estimate isn't far off either.   

Contribution Amount: $x,xxx
Payment Method: PayPal
Perk: Geek Pulse Reseller Pack
Estimated Delivery Date: April 30, 2014

I'm not trying to side track this thread but people should know what to expect from every manufacturer.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #140 of 163
  I don't have to make stuff up because I actually paid for my Geek Pulse X in full in November of 2013.  Thanks for reminding me to dig up the actual delivery estimated.  So the May 2014 delivery estimate isn't far off either.   

Contribution Amount: $x,xxx
Payment Method: PayPal
Perk: Geek Pulse Reseller Pack
Estimated Delivery Date: April 30, 2014

I'm not trying to side track this thread but people should know what to expect from every manufacturer.

Purk,

According to some, you have no right to complain because this is crowdfunding, where being bent over is just part of the process. In fact, you should be thanking THEM for this extraordinary journey into the world of hi-fi audio.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #141 of 163

Purk,

According to some, you have no right to complain because this is crowdfunding, where being bent over is just part of the process. In fact, you should be thanking THEM for this extraordinary journey into the world of hi-fi audio.

Thank you then Light Harmonic..
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #142 of 163
Also, YOUR AVATAR IS THE MDR R10 IF YOU CAN AFFORD THAT KIND OF GEAR YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PETTY CASH LIKE THAT YOU MONSTER. CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGES.
*walks away in a huff for a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte in my uggs*

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #143 of 163
Yup and that's exactly why some people should never invest in the share market ever because they throw up a giant sook when things don't go as planned.

If you jumped in without knowing what crowd funding is, then it's your fault. Delays are a fact of life in this area and if you can't wait then stop crying, pay full price and buy retail. I can't remember the last time a crowd funding product bent me over and forcibly took my money.

Can't handle the heat, don't step in the kitchen.

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #144 of 163
  Also, YOUR AVATAR IS THE MDR R10 IF YOU CAN AFFORD THAT KIND OF GEAR YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PETTY CASH LIKE THAT YOU MONSTER. CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGES.
*walks away in a huff for a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte in my uggs*

Yup and that's exactly why some people should never invest in the share market ever because they throw up a giant sook when things don't go as planned.

If you jumped in without knowing what crowd funding is, then it's your fault. Delays are a fact of life in this area and if you can't wait then stop crying, pay full price and buy retail. I can't remember the last time a crowd funding product bent me over and forcibly took my money.

Can't handle the heat, don't step in the kitchen.

Just want to put this out there that I'm perfectly fine at waiting for it but twenty of us who are in this group buy are not.  Yes, I do own an R10 as well as others nice amps/phones...but that has nothing do do with this.  I'm merely trying to warn others.  If you fail to see that, enjoy the wait.  I will leave it at that.    

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #145 of 163
He did buy the reseller's pack, so it's more than petty cash.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #146 of 163
I am not targeting anyone personally but it's the nature of the beast.

I have a heap of hifi from crowd funding including the Aurisonics Rockets, Geek Out 1000 and the 1964Ears and they have all been delayed.

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #149 of 163

The IEM versions are supposed to have a gain switch in the UI so it can be used with IEMs and full size headphones. That's the whole reason I went for the IEM upgrade on mine. If it were only for IEMs I'd have passed on that particular perk. The X7 having swappable amps sounds nice, but a gain switch on the fly sounds easier. I usually travel with a few headphones so I don't want to have to swap an opamp while on a plane, for example.

How come they don't have a gain switch on the non IEM version? It seems simpler to make a product with good output power then add switchable gains for IEM compatibility, instead of two products; one for full size headphone and another for IEM.

My questions to LH Labs:

What is the reason behind creating two products, one for headphones and one for IEM? Why not just make one product with gain switch for both headphones and IEM?
And if the Geek Wave XD IEM has the sound quality and power for both IEM and headphones, Why make a Geek Wave XD non IEM version?

Is it possible to release a video of how the UI works? The navigation and aesthetics of the UI. To add songs to the Geek Wave, we're supposed to drag and drop songs into the Geek Wave folder, right? How would someone make a playlist, group songs, etc.? I would like to see how the AOS1 works before backing. It may have a quick start up, but is it user friendly? 

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #150 of 163

How come they don't have a gain switch on the non IEM version? It seems simpler to make a product with good output power then add switchable gains for IEM compatibility, instead of two products; one for full size headphone and another for IEM.

My questions to LH Labs:

What is the reason behind creating two products, one for headphones and one for IEM? Why not just make one product with gain switch for both headphones and IEM?
And if the Geek Wave XD IEM has the sound quality and power for both IEM and headphones, Why make a Geek Wave XD non IEM version?

Is it possible to release a video of how the UI works? The navigation and aesthetics of the UI. To add songs to the Geek Wave, we're supposed to drag and drop songs into the Geek Wave folder, right? How would someone make a playlist, group songs, etc.? I would like to see how the AOS1 works before backing. It may have a quick start up, but is it user friendly? 

As far as the gain switch is concerned, I don't know why they chose to make two versions. I guess they felt there were enough people in both camps (those who will use full-size headphones exclusively and the rest who will switch between them and iems) to make sense for them. It would simplify production on their end if they just made it standard on all models, but I digress.

Nobody knows a thing about the UI right now other than the drag and drop bit - thankfully, it will not have its own Apple-like 'ecosystem' (a word recently associated with technology that make me want to puke), so adding music will be a simple affair: drag and drop it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back