Geek Wave: Limited Time Indiegogo Only Pricing
Feb 18, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #76 of 163
...is it 2 TB of on board storage?! or maybe just capable of handling 2 TB total external storage from a micro sd or something? lol
This is pretty crazy, it looks just like my Apple iPod Nano 7th Generation! it's probably not that small though, maybe we can call it the Nano on Steroids
The wifi and bluetooth feature is very nice

too bad I already have an iBasso DX90 and FiiO X3
not really looking to upgrade
but this is a very interesting new DAP, nonetheless

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #77 of 163
  ...is it 2 TB of on board storage?! or maybe just capable of handling 2 TB total external storage from a micro sd or something? lol
This is pretty crazy, it looks just like my Apple iPod Nano 7th Generation! it's probably not that small though, maybe we can call it the Nano on Steroids
The wifi and bluetooth feature is very nice

too bad I already have an iBasso DX90 and FiiO X3
not really looking to upgrade
but this is a very interesting new DAP, nonetheless

It is potentially 2TB with external storage, as is the case with the X5. When a 1TB card comes out, it will no doubt cost more than the Flex, perhaps double or more, so temper your excitement.

I just watched the video and it's clear to me that their plates are full and the variables they are dealing with are not few in number. I wish them all the luck in the world in delivering products and satisfying their backers.

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #78 of 163
I like  the look of this but I am a bit weary of the cat in bag thing.... Especially because the one i would want would be the 1k one..i'll wait and see what its like once made....neal young spoiled my desire to take this kinda chance.

But i am very tempted...if HIFIMAN did not just announce the updated 901...i think i would have invested...but..Im gonan go with that just to be safe..it will be my first high end player:)

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #79 of 163
Will the player support music controls via bluetooth remote? It's very uncomfortable and awkward to change volume without taking the player out of pocket with volume "wheel" or slider. 

I tend to adjust the volume based on the track and it's really annoying taking a player out of my pocket every time the track changes.

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #80 of 163
For people worried about storage, I am pretty sure 2T SDXC card will be available by the the time the Wave comes out. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

International backers should also be aware that LH Labs doesn't cover the cost of shipping back the product or offer refunds if you get a faulty products.
So far LH Labs failed to deliver completely faultless and bug free  "relatively" simple products so I am slightly concerned about their ability to deliver a complex new DAP, that include a new OS, but I will be following this new saga, delays, bugs and backlashes with bated breath. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #90 of 163
This is why I'm waiting for the x7, because it apparently will have swappable amp modules that are super easy to replace.

The IEM versions are supposed to have a gain switch in the UI so it can be used with IEMs and full size headphones. That's the whole reason I went for the IEM upgrade on mine. If it were only for IEMs I'd have passed on that particular perk. The X7 having swappable amps sounds nice, but a gain switch on the fly sounds easier. I usually travel with a few headphones so I don't want to have to swap an opamp while on a plane, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back