Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 23, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #13,637 of 13,800
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #13,638 of 13,800
Nov 23, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #13,640 of 13,800
Thanks Bro!
He he he :sweat_smile: Must be getting old...

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #13,641 of 13,800
Anybody know what the power cable between the LPS and Pulse is called? I lost my original cable, trying to look for a replacement.
It does not have any official name, it's a DC umbilical with a standard 5.5 x 2.1mm barrel connector on one end, and a 2-pin Molex connector on the other end. There are various companies that wil make that cable for you, but you are unlikely to find any off the shelf or generic version. I think your best bet is probably the Ghent DC24.

You can also make one, but you'd need the Molex pin crimping tool, along with the pins and plastic housing. Not worth doing unless you already own the tool.

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #13,643 of 13,800
I wouldn't go for it. I still have mine and its running great. Purchased a THX AAA 789 to amp the DAC (the one that comes with the xfinity is fine but it can sound better. When my unit dies I will be done with LH. You could look at Shciit, Topping, iFi,... any other company that is reputable and still in business to support you.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #13,644 of 13,800
Dec 29, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #13,646 of 13,800
Support can't get me a response after many many months. I have an X infinity that is stuck at such low volume you can't hear anything. I bug them again and again, and am told an email has been sent to their support. I'd honestly call them myself if they would just give me a phone number, the damn thing probably just needs a firmware flash, but I don't have the firmware files and they are no longer on their site. I had an Xfi before the infinity and it has worked well. Still, can't wait to move on.

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #13,647 of 13,800
Support can't get me a response after many many months. I have an X infinity that is stuck at such low volume you can't hear anything. I bug them again and again, and am told an email has been sent to their support. I'd honestly call them myself if they would just give me a phone number, the damn thing probably just needs a firmware flash, but I don't have the firmware files and they are no longer on their site. I had an Xfi before the infinity and it has worked well. Still, can't wait to move on.
PM me I'll send you a link to what I have.
Cheers

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #13,648 of 13,800
Just wanted to add to the question is it worth it, I’ve owned an sfi, an xfi and infinity and enjoyed each one, in fact loved the xfi so much I felt compelled to get the infinity.

BUT, as others have said, it may not be worth the stress of having absolutely 0 support if something goes wrong.

I would think about getting another one if the deal was great, but at the price you’re looking at, it’s not a great deal. For me it’s not cheap enough to gamble with the reliability.

Finally, after reading about this and a few other amps using an lps, I think lots of units were getting messed up because they weren’t being powered on/off correctly. If you read about the liquid platinum amp, improper power on/off procedure easily fried stuff in the amp. I didn’t realize how harmful this could be until I sold all the previous units. So be careful if you do go for it, be meticulous about the on/off procedure!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #13,650 of 13,800
I've been out of the loop for years now. What happened to Light Harmonic? They seemed to have been a very well respected audio company, and they just completely disappeared. Their website doesn't even exist anymore to download drivers for their old products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back