Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 30, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #13,666 of 13,800
An Android TV device (mine is a Beelink GT King). Preferably 12V so that you could connect to your LPS (if you have one) and with SPDIF (for added bonus).
Connect via USB. Install USB Audio Payer from Google Play. And use at as music player using Bitperfect option (esp for Qobuz and Tidal). Spotify and the rest need to install their respective apps.

Doing this for years..Better SQ. Don't need rocket science to configure and run.

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #13,667 of 13,800
An Android TV device (mine is a Beelink GT King). Preferably 12V so that you could connect to your LPS (if you have one) and with SPDIF (for added bonus).
Connect via USB. Install USB Audio Payer from Google Play. And use at as music player using Bitperfect option (esp for Qobuz and Tidal). Spotify and the rest need to install their respective apps.

Doing this for years..Better SQ. Don't need rocket science to configure and run.

Thx my friend for the advice !!!

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #13,668 of 13,800
Can anyone tell me where I can download the 3.26.0 Windows driver for Geek Pulse? Not the firmware, just the Driver.

I have a problem with sound dropouts for about a second every minute or two and Im afraid I will have to reinstall the firmware for it...

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #13,669 of 13,800
Can anyone tell me where I can download the 3.26.0 Windows driver for Geek Pulse? Not the firmware, just the Driver.

I have a problem with sound dropouts for about a second every minute or two and Im afraid I will have to reinstall the firmware for it...

PM sent with driver info.

Try restarting your PC. Also, I used to have problems with dropouts. Sometimes it happened every 25 minutes, sometimes it happened every 3 days. It was really random. One day fairly recently I restarted the PC and it ended up stopping the problem. Try restarting Windows and see if that fixes it.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #13,670 of 13,800
I compared my Pulse connected to the lps4 vs. wall outlet and to my ears, the outlet had more air and sparkle.

Question?

If I purchase a high current power cable for the lps4, will it sonically change its sound characteristics?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #13,672 of 13,800
So is it dead as far as you know since you have no affiliation with LH labs? Some of us back-up LH labs in 2013 and it's 2021 so now that the statue of limitation has passed when is Larry going to admit it's gone belly up?

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #13,673 of 13,800
So is it dead as far as you know since you have no affiliation with LH labs? Some of us back-up LH labs in 2013 and it's 2021 so now that the statue of limitation has passed when is Larry going to admit it's gone belly up?
I have heard nothing on the project in months. I keep hearing it's in the works and they're just waiting for the correct time/factory situation/etc. Other than that, I have no information over the projects other than what I already posted. I know the office staff is taking care of exchanges and that sort of stuff.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #13,674 of 13,800
Can anybody share pictures of the inside of the original chassis?

I have the V2 larger chassis... and now it is too big for my setup. Though I am pretty sure the boards are the same size... I wonder if the board on my unit would fit inside the original chassis...

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #13,675 of 13,800
I'm not able to open mine up right now, but based on what I remember from previously opening one, the pcb is the full size of the v1 chassis, which is 7" wide x 8" deep.

The chassis slides into and is held in place by groove guides inside the chassis, meaning the pcb is the full size of the chassis.

I've always been interested in the v2 chassis as I have the bluetooth receiver unit (whatever that was called) and inquired about buying the v2 chassis, but that never materialized. Unfortunately, I'm outside the US and shipping would likely be expensive.

Hope that helps.

Apr 17, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #13,677 of 13,800
I can open mine and take some
photos. But last time I tried I couldn't get the chassis off or the pcb out. Should be more than the 4 screws on the backplate right?
Possibly... I’ve never seen how to open the original one.

I'm not able to open mine up right now, but based on what I remember from previously opening one, the pcb is the full size of the v1 chassis, which is 7" wide x 8" deep.

The chassis slides into and is held in place by groove guides inside the chassis, meaning the pcb is the full size of the chassis.

I've always been interested in the v2 chassis as I have the bluetooth receiver unit (whatever that was called) and inquired about buying the v2 chassis, but that never materialized. Unfortunately, I'm outside the US and shipping would likely be expensive.

Hope that helps.
It would be nice if we could do a chassis trade. Where are you located? Is your model at least a Pulse X? I would need the cutouts for the balanced output

Users who are viewing this thread

Back