Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Sep 20, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #13,186 of 13,800
Stuck Limo's absence from this thread spells doom, pretty much the end of this whole godforsaken story.
He used to give us updates and assurances. Alas no more.
Likely perception about statute of limitations in CA moe than anything.

Sep 20, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #13,187 of 13,800
Likely perception about statute of limitations in CA moe than anything.

No.

In truth, there's nothing really to report and anything that can be reported has been reported in the IGG updates, which are usually discussed at length here. If I had anything to report to you guys, I would. In truth, I'm always around, but without anything to report, I'm really unsure what to say at this point. And usually anything we do report, people badmouth us for or don't believe us, generally speaking. So.....I do my best to keep you guys in the loop. Things are still happening, albeit very very slowly.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #13,188 of 13,800
hey all,

I have a Pulse X-Fi, with LPS. I bought it BNIB from someone that had been part of the original funding program.

I am having an issue that I hope you can assist with. If I run the Pulse off a CD player using toslink connection, or off my desktop PC using USB connection I find that the output sound from the pulse dies after 20 to 40 seconds. I have to boot the pulse to get the sound back, but it dies again shortly after. I have upgraded the firmware to v2, which made no difference. I have used the wall wart Power supply and the LPS, which made no difference.

In the past week I attached the Pulse to my company laptop via USB, and was surprised to find that I was able to play two tracks without the output dying. The main difference between my desktop and the laptop is the desktop runs Win7 professional and the laptop runs Win10 Enterprise.

Has anyone come across this before?

TIA
Juffa

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #13,189 of 13,800
And usually anything we do report, people badmouth us for or don't believe us, generally speaking.

Can you really blame us? When most if not ALL updates turn out to be false if not outright lies. It’s 4 years of delays and excuses, anything good to say about LHL expired a long time ago.

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #13,190 of 13,800
It's only a month to it's five years since I backed Geek Pulse.

LH Labs will continue to ignore anyone who has backed them via Indiegogo.
As long as they can delay forever, they do not have to deliver us any things.
We will never get the goods we have backed.

Oct 1, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #13,191 of 13,800
Mac user who needs help with the Geek Pulse Xfi. It shows up as "Geek Pulse X FI 1v5 Output" but doesn't actually process any sound. Doesn't register any sound coming into it in the midi control app and doesn't play anything across a series of apps. It says it's the latest firmware and software. Would appreciate anyone who can provide guidance. I've scoured the forum here and on LH's website and can't find anything of my specific problem with the audio just never working.

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #13,192 of 13,800
Mac user who needs help with the Geek Pulse Xfi. It shows up as "Geek Pulse X FI 1v5 Output" but doesn't actually process any sound. Doesn't register any sound coming into it in the midi control app and doesn't play anything across a series of apps. It says it's the latest firmware and software. Would appreciate anyone who can provide guidance. I've scoured the forum here and on LH's website and can't find anything of my specific problem with the audio just never working.

Typically only thing that works in this case is powering off and on the pulse until it finally plays

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #13,193 of 13,800
Try different USB ports. Turning off and on.

Usually I test it first with my android smartphone via UAPP/Neutron/HibyMusic. If it works, therefore the computer is the problem.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #13,194 of 13,800
Almost a month since last post.

Today, it's the five-year anniversary of the Pulse campaign.
It's also five years ago today since I backed the Pulse campaign.

I dont think this is a jubilee that anyone wants to celebrate.

I still Waiting for a Pulse infinity that never comes.
That's why it's called Pulse Infinity therefore we have to wait in infinity before it comes.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #13,195 of 13,800
That's why it's called Pulse Infinity therefore we have to wait in infinity before it comes.
Hahahaha....hahah.... ;( God d@%it does it piss me off to have paid so much and see a lot of people with their devices and realize that i will most probably won't get mine. It is worse (for me) than nobody getting theirs and the crowdfund just fail.... Like a personal slap in the face lol....

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #13,197 of 13,800
It's not just that they do not manage to deliver any products more to their backers.
Service on defective products is not existing.

It's now over 15 months since I submitted a ticket to LH Labs on two defective Geek Out V2.
If I get an answer, it may seem that it is risky to spend money sending them in for repair.

From BBB
Complaints: LH Labs Corporation
Complaint Type: Guarantee/Warranty Issues

06/08/2018

I purchased a ***** ******** for ***** system and the amplifier stopped working while in the warranty period. I returned the amplifier in early December 2017 and know they received it. Since then, I have been without my amplifier. There has been absolutely zero communication between them despite multiple emails, call, website inquiries, etc.

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #13,198 of 13,800
It's not just that they do not manage to deliver any products more to their backers.
Service on defective products is not existing.

It's now over 15 months since I submitted a ticket to LH Labs on two defective Geek Out V2.
If I get an answer, it may seem that it is risky to spend money sending them in for repair.

From BBB
Complaints: LH Labs Corporation
Complaint Type: Guarantee/Warranty Issues

06/08/2018

I purchased a ***** ******** for ***** system and the amplifier stopped working while in the warranty period. I returned the amplifier in early December 2017 and know they received it. Since then, I have been without my amplifier. There has been absolutely zero communication between them despite multiple emails, call, website inquiries, etc.

You should try reporting your experience in forums or sites where LH Is actually trying to sell their products. If you do not speak the language of such forums, perhaps you cab get the assistance of a fellow poster. Good luck!

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #13,199 of 13,800
I recently sold a Geek LPS to a guy here in Australia. I asked him what he was going to use it for.

He told me that he has a working Geek pulse. Shock/horror.

I told him that I was selling the LPS because I don't have a working Geek Pulse.

The moral of the story being that there are some working Pulse units out there...scarse as hens teeth though

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #13,200 of 13,800
Hi All,

I have two "working units" Pulse XFI. That is, one works fine, the second just died on USB input, device is not recognized. The DAC part seems to be working fine as it works with a USB-SP/DIF converter into the Pulse coaxial input.

I am using JRiver and WASAPI. Was thinking of trying it wit ASIO. Through USB, the device is "not recognized" by Windows 10 when turned on , however, in JRiver, "Light Harmonic (ASIO)" is still a choice in playback options, no WASAPI.

Can anyone point me to a good source for setup of JRiver and ASIO "drivers" to give it a try?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back