Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #13,205 of 13,800
Hahahaha....hahah.... ;( God d@%it does it piss me off to have paid so much and see a lot of people with their devices and realize that i will most probably won't get mine. It is worse (for me) than nobody getting theirs and the crowdfund just fail.... Like a personal slap in the face lol....

I bought the x-fi on ebay for $500 and the LPS4 for $100 and once I upgraded the firmware it worked like a charm. For any of you still waiting for yours I encourage you to just buy it third party and go from demanding your product to demanding your money back from LH Labs. I'm really happy with it, although frankly it hasn't blown me away yet. I'm really satisfied for a $600 investment but would be disappointed if I dropped several grand. But I'm using the Senn HD660s, Senn HD650, ZMF Ori and Hifiman HE560 on it. I haven't tried any endgame cans on it yet, but will do so at the New England headfi meet in a few weeks and then know if the xfi + LPS4 really is worth it.

Nov 1, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #13,206 of 13,800
I bought the x-fi on ebay for $500 and the LPS4 for $100 and once I upgraded the firmware it worked like a charm. For any of you still waiting for yours I encourage you to just buy it third party and go from demanding your product to demanding your money back from LH Labs. I'm really happy with it, although frankly it hasn't blown me away yet. I'm really satisfied for a $600 investment but would be disappointed if I dropped several grand. But I'm using the Senn HD660s, Senn HD650, ZMF Ori and Hifiman HE560 on it. I haven't tried any endgame cans on it yet, but will do so at the New England headfi meet in a few weeks and then know if the xfi + LPS4 really is worth it.
Why do you think we haven't demanded refunds?

Nov 1, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #13,207 of 13,800
Hi Rudy! Como estão as coisas?

Regarding the driver issue. I recalled I got problems w/ a clean install of their anniversary release. But not if update it from an earlier version.

I have version 1809 now. And the driver is still installed. Let me check it. Since my Pulse is now, for sometime, attached to my Android TV box using UAPP.

Michael

Hi,

Do you know if there is a way to use the drivers on Windows 10, and use Kernel Streaming?

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #13,208 of 13,800
@Mike-WI I’m not??? I’m just saying to those who I’ve seen dismayed that they haven’t received theirs yet that, if you still want it, you can get it for a reasonable price and I think it’s worth getting for that price.

Nov 1, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #13,209 of 13,800
@Mike-WI I’m not??? I’m just saying to those who I’ve seen dismayed that they haven’t received theirs yet that, if you still want it, you can get it for a reasonable price and I think it’s worth getting for that price.
That is what you said:
"...and go from demanding your product to demanding your money back from LH Labs."

We have all demanded money back. They haven't provided it.
I posted the California statutes relevant to this and had the post deleted and was reprimanded by the moderators.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #13,211 of 13,800
Hi Rudy! Como estão as coisas?

Regarding the driver issue. I recalled I got problems w/ a clean install of their anniversary release. But not if update it from an earlier version.

I have version 1809 now. And the driver is still installed. Let me check it. Since my Pulse is now, for sometime, attached to my Android TV box using UAPP.

Michael
Hi, estou bem, e contigo? :)

What anniversary release are you talking about?

What version are you using?

Nov 1, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #13,212 of 13,800
Try different USB ports. Turning off and on.

Usually I test it first with my android smartphone via UAPP/Neutron/HibyMusic. If it works, therefore the computer is the problem.

Thanks for this bit of info. I just switched from W10M to Android (just couldn't take it anymore). I found the Nuetron app and it works great, with my Razer Phone DAC cable and with the Geek out.

Will try playing with it through the Pulse DAC.

Nov 2, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #13,213 of 13,800
I recently sold a Geek LPS to a guy here in Australia. I asked him what he was going to use it for.

He told me that he has a working Geek pulse. Shock/horror.

I told him that I was selling the LPS because I don't have a working Geek Pulse.

The moral of the story being that there are some working Pulse units out there...scarse as hens teeth though

Mine is still going strong.

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #13,215 of 13,800
Mine too. I have one of the early Infinity models w/ LPS4 in the original casing. Still going strong. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back