Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 8, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #12,166 of 13,800
Wedding...Audio Gear...
Man, you got your priorities backwards (just kidding, congrats!)

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #12,167 of 13,800
Hi Guys, anybody have tried an aftermarket cable with the Pulse?

I have an Infinity V.2 powered by the LPS 4, so far so good . I'm thinking to replace the stock power cord of the LPS with something different. I'm oriented to the Signal Cable MagicPower Digital Reference or the Shunyata Venom 3. Anybody have some experience with those cables and the Pulse?

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #12,168 of 13,800
LH Labs customer service is not defunct, but is severely dysfunctional. This may suggest that they are overloaded with tickets due to their incomprehensible and ignorant attitude of insisting that all questions be entered as a ticket for their "Customer Happiness" (Ha!) team rather than answer even the most basic questions in public, or better yet produce a FAQ or otherwise post this information publicly.

They are setting themselves up for these unnecessary difficulties and ultimately failure. LH Labs may continue to operate (and I truly hope that they do) but with substantially less growth and success than could easily be achieved by keeping their customers happy.

J.P.

It seems that indiegogo gives them text files for all the orders and they added to the confusion will Gavin throwing all these upgrades into the campaign.
I believe their customer service team (is there anybody but Gina) are trying to get the new order system cleaned up so they know what they have to build.  every order they uploaded for me needed some corrections processed by Gina, to get it to match the Indiegogo orders. If you have to touch each order, i imagine that they are working full time on that.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #12,169 of 13,800

It seems that indiegogo gives them text files for all the orders and they added to the confusion will Gavin throwing all these upgrades into the campaign.
I believe their customer service team (is there anybody but Gina) are trying to get the new order system cleaned up so they know what they have to build.  every order they uploaded for me needed some corrections processed by Gina, to get it to match the Indiegogo orders. If you have to touch each order, i imagine that they are working full time on that.

Unbelievable how anybody still wants to defend LHL.  What customer support?!  I have an outstanding RMA request from March 2016.  It is mid-February 2017 and after all the back/forth bulls**t they're still not doing anything about it.  In January, Larry said he will get this fixed but that's more bulls**t.  

I'm beyond pissed off at this point.  

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #12,170 of 13,800
Not sure you will hear an improvement. I like cables that are just long enough to reach. No extra length. Tried several and really never heard any changes.
Volex, Eupen, and a couple generic cables. The medical grade Eupen are nice for digital gear.

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #12,171 of 13,800
Thank you Panelhead, i appreciate your opinion. I had some experiences in the past with other electronics and some good results replacing the power cords. Nothing incredible but small refinements in terms of better detail and towards a more dry/analytic or more rich/smooth sound (i prefer the last one) depending of the type of cable.  I just not have any experience with these 2 cables on a digital source, both received good reviews but i never read a comparison between them and i was wondering which one could be the best fit for the Pulse and my tastes.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #12,172 of 13,800
Well my xfi arrived and has been on for 50hours, no connection problems or anything thus far. Sound is pretty good through the mastersound dueventi vandersteen 2csigs. Primarily I use the dac section, occasional headphone use but for once on here I can report it works well. Considering I have a brand new xfi 290 dollars plus the intial 200 I paid it's pleasing , only paid 200 dollars for the lps as well so sound wise good value. Let's just hope it continues to work. Atb Chris (I may keep it after all but then I will be wondering about the infinity )

Feb 16, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #12,173 of 13,800

I paid around a grand for my Infinity. It works too. 
  There seems to have been some issues with circuit boards. But the multiple firmware requirements made this project so difficult for them. Not sure they are certain what firmware is needed for all the Pulse, Pulse SE, xdi, Inifinti, and others. I think if there were one or two versions life would have been much better for LH and all the backers.

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #12,174 of 13,800
So, I checked market-lhlabs, and there's no mention of my xfi, it's now been a week and they still haven't responded to my ticket, last time I shot them a ticket months, upon months ago, on the main site, I'm pretty sure I got a response within a couple days.

Are they just bogged down, or am I just unlucky lol.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #12,175 of 13,800
  So, I checked market-lhlabs, and there's no mention of my xfi, it's now been a week and they still haven't responded to my ticket, last time I shot them a ticket months, upon months ago, on the main site, I'm pretty sure I got a response within a couple days.

Are they just bogged down, or am I just unlucky lol.

Waiting on 2 weeks now without a reply.  This is normal for them, need support and wait forever but make a ticket to buy something and they respond right away 
mad.gif

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #12,176 of 13,800

Waiting on 2 weeks now without a reply.  This is normal for them, need support and wait forever but make a ticket to buy something and they respond right away 
mad.gif

Well, that's a bummer. Well, at least we should be, hopefully, nearing the the light at the end of the long, cthuluien horror tunnel that is LH.

Hopefully.

Just be over.

I just wanna wake up.

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #12,178 of 13,800
Has someone tested all the inputs on the Infinity and which one sounds the best? I would like to know how does the optical in compare with the USB when using the LPS, not sure if I should invest in a cable? Also, anyone tried the AES/EBU input?

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #12,179 of 13,800
I only used the AES, RCA, and USB. In my setup the AES was the better sounding. Did not try optical.
Did not mesh with USB, seemed a little light weight. I blamed the Sabre Dac chip and USB. I think the Infinity may benefit from one of the USB "bandaids" available.
The Intona is what I wanted to try. Ended up with a Focusrite Clarett 4Pre for a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back