Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 23, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #11,836 of 13,800
I requested a copy of the new firmware and was given one for my specific Pulse in 48 hours. Send a ticket folks with your serial number at the back.

Windows doesn't like playing with the Pulse but Mac and Android have been plug and play.

If this is something fixed by flashing new firmware onto the Pulse, it is not a Windows problem. They had lots of time to develop firmware that works with any OS that the Pulse is supported on. They did not.
Oh well, a ticket it is.

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #11,837 of 13,800
I requested a copy of the new firmware and was given one for my specific Pulse in 48 hours. Send a ticket folks with your serial number at the back.

Windows doesn't like playing with the Pulse but Mac and Android have been plug and play.

OK. I submitted a ticket for the updated firmware. I will let everyone know when I get a substantive response... or get the firmware and drivers in hand.

BTW gikigill, hoe long ago did you make this transaction ?

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #11,838 of 13,800

I'm going on 2 weeks awaiting the new firmware. First ticket I made the mistake of asking 2 questions, they answered one and closed the ticket. Never got any new firmware, so had to make a 2nd ticket. Going on a week for this one so maybe this time I'll actually get an answer. I just love when they don't answer your question and close the ticket. 
angry_face.gif

Glad to hear it works in Macs cause in Windows it's a POS

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #11,839 of 13,800
OK. I submitted a ticket for the updated firmware. I will let everyone know when I get a substantive response... or get the firmware and drivers in hand.

BTW gikigill, hoe long ago did you make this transaction ?

My Pulse was delivered last year May and I ordered in January 2014.

The different versions of the Pulse have different firmware. The USB problem disappeared after the update and I must admit that the Pulse is a fine piece of kit once properly setup or else it sounds very thin and lifeless.

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #11,840 of 13,800
  valve5425, 

I have a similar set up as you except I have a Pulse Xfi-LPS4 combo. I use laptop w/ Windows 10, JRiver 22, Lightspeed Revive, w/ Lightspeed 10G cable. I have a startup sequence of (1. laptop, 2. LPS4, 3. Pulse Xfi, w/ original firmware). The computer handshakes w/ Pulse Xfi 1st time, every time. This is the same sequence before adding Lightspeed Revive, and it worked every time.

​Just tried that sequence and it didn't work for me. In fact it was particularly stubborn to get going this morning. I usually end up switching Foobar on and off a few times, having various ends of the 2G plugged in with the Infinity powered on or off, whilst standing on one leg, singing "Rule Britannia". I've still not found a consistently reliable sequence. Still, I find that listening to music through the Pulse does actually relax you after the trauma of turning it on.

9 days and still no response to my ticket! (I'd sent my serial number together with a request for the latest firmware.)

I shouldn't tempt fate, but one good thing is that my Geek Out 720 has been faultless from day 1. Glad I've not got a Da Vinci.

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #11,841 of 13,800

valve5425,

Do you think a software problem exists between Foobar 2000 and Pulse Infinity? I switched from MediaMonkey to JRiver 19 when I got my Pulse Xfi in order to play DSD.  I noticed that JRiver beat MediaMonkey In SQ playback of PCM. I never had problems w/ JRiver recognizing LH Labs DACS.

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #11,842 of 13,800

valve5425,

Do you think a software problem exists between Foobar 2000 and Pulse Infinity? I switched from MediaMonkey to JRiver 19 when I got my Pulse Xfi in order to play DSD.  I noticed that JRiver beat MediaMonkey In SQ playback of PCM. I never had problems w/ JRiver recognizing LH Labs DACS.

​I think it's a possibility. I've an old laptop with Vista, which I sometimes use to watch catch-up TV. Connecting to that (without Foobar) is a lot easier, though not 100% perfect. I appreciate that Foobar may not be the best, but it's free. I keep looking for an alternative player that would be worth paying for, but there seems to be so much conflicting opinion that I can't decide which way to go.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #11,846 of 13,800
On Windows/JRiver, before flashing to DSD256 firmware (Infinity), i have great results using KS (Kernel Streaming). To my ears more grit/body.

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #11,847 of 13,800
Any of you guys use a revive and geek out with an Android phone? What cable do I need? USB on the go male to female?

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #11,848 of 13,800
Yes, mine runs on Note 3 (Android 5.0) and Himedia Q10 Pro (4k media box, Android 5.1.1). Both GO1k and Infinity + LPS4. Tested on UAPP, Neutron MP, Onkyo HF, HibyMusic and Poweramp.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #11,849 of 13,800
Also try foobar with the asio driver?

I managed to get my infinity from being completely non functional ( refuse to sync) to working 100% by flashing the new firmware. Agree also it is lacking in body and verging on cold. I use warm headphones like the Th-x00 to compensate.

Eventually i will get a Yggy or Gumby ...

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #11,850 of 13,800
mickey so you connect the revive to the phone with a usb micro male to usb c male cable?  a special OTG one?  that's the cable I'm not sure of.. my phone uses usb c already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back