Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #11,851 of 13,800
I have an HTC 10, uses usb c. Bought some cables that I think are OTC (not sure), haven't tried them yet. A cable recommendation would be great! Thanks.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #11,852 of 13,800

mickey so you connect the revive to the phone with a usb micro male to usb c male cable?  a special OTG one?  that's the cable I'm not sure of.. my phone uses usb c already

Connected Revive's supplied Micro USB C to A Male to my phone's OTG cable and a USB B female to A female to GO1K.

Not ideal but just was curious if it works, And it indeed.

If your phone has a USB host feature just a micro C to micro C cable will do. 

Better for branded stuff. Some cheap chinese cables are out of specs (either too short or too thine - wobbles).

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #11,853 of 13,800
Thanks Mickey!  But instead of trying a go2a sig for portable use..  I am gonna get the stereo speaker amp!  I am more of a listen at home guy than a portable user

this was the cable I was going to use.. for my oneplus two which has built in usb host mode.
usb c to usb c 3.0 cable to connect phone to revive.  then geek out directly into revive.  

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15100

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #11,854 of 13,800
Yep saw your post on the "other side".

That might just work. 
gs1000.gif

I have success also attaching a powered USB hub from my phone. And a portable drive, QI charger, Revive on the hub.

Revive is not in the picture but it works. USB drive for your music files.

Using UAPP in Bitperfect mode is just too good. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #11,856 of 13,800

valve5425,

Do you think a software problem exists between Foobar 2000 and Pulse Infinity? I switched from MediaMonkey to JRiver 19 when I got my Pulse Xfi in order to play DSD.  I noticed that JRiver beat MediaMonkey In SQ playback of PCM. I never had problems w/ JRiver recognizing LH Labs DACS.

My pulse is not even recognized as existing by the LHL drivers. At that point Foobar is not running. I have checked, no services, no Trace of Foobar.
Pretty hard to imagine that it is causing a problem if it is not even running.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #11,857 of 13,800

OK. I submitted a ticket for the updated firmware. I will let everyone know when I get a substantive response... or get the firmware and drivers in hand.

BTW gikigill, hoe long ago did you make this transaction ?

My Pulse was delivered last year May and I ordered in January 2014.

The different versions of the Pulse have different firmware. The USB problem disappeared after the update and I must admit that the Pulse is a fine piece of kit once properly setup or else it sounds very thin and lifeless.

I meant, how long ago did you submit the ticket to get the upgraded firmware?  I think at one point they were doing a better job of responding to tickets... if not actually resolving them in a satisfactory manner. I have an idea that they have reduced there "customer happiness" team.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #11,858 of 13,800

My pulse is not even recognized as existing by the LHL drivers. At that point Foobar is not running. I have checked, no services, no Trace of Foobar.

So it doesn't show up in the "LHL Control Panel"? 

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #11,859 of 13,800

So it doesn't show up in the "LHL Control Panel"? 

Nope.. No sign of it. Once it connects to the driver, Foobar has no problem playing through it.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #11,860 of 13,800

Nope.. No sign of it. Once it connects to the driver, Foobar has no problem playing through it.

Assume you've tried the old "uninstall/reinstall the driver" trick?

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #11,861 of 13,800
Just one report here, but I have no problem with foobar2000 and my Pulse X infinity. Windoze 8.1, latest drivers, infinity 2.0 firmware V1.5. I am almost afraid to upgrade ye firmware version because my Pulse is working just fine as is. The only thing that I am missing is DSD256, which I only have a couple of sample tracks downloaded.

Try replying or adding to your service ticket, that may get their attention. I hope that a new firmware version fixes your issues.

J.P.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #11,862 of 13,800

Assume you've tried the old "uninstall/reinstall the driver" trick?

Yes Sir I have. I spent a few years as a PC tech...Though quite a few years ago now,  I know how to beat Windows into submission..
:)

Remove>reboot>reinstall is the credo . Besides, I have three Win 7 laptops that do the same things connecting to the pulse.
Unplugging cables, plugging them into different USB ports, turning the pulse off and back on, rebooting the machine... in some inconsistent combination usually will get it connected. Still it is a PIA.

Interestingly, more often than not, if I do not turn the pulse off, all is good. I know some say to never do this, but I go some long periods between using the Pulse. I just can't justify leaving it running all of the time.

BTW I use several other USB DACs with no issues using the same cables and ports on the same machines.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #11,863 of 13,800
I meant, how long ago did you submit the ticket to get the upgraded firmware?  I think at one point they were doing a better job of responding to tickets... if not actually resolving them in a satisfactory manner. I have an idea that they have reduced there "customer happiness" team.

I got my firmware in 48 hours. I made sure I put in all the details before sending a request.

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #11,864 of 13,800
I got my firmware in 48 hours. I made sure I put in all the details before sending a request.

I'm waiting over 2 weeks now. Though I did make the mistake of asking more then one question in my first ticket, got no response about firmware. 
Been waiting since the 14th on my second ticket, Until then I'm done with my Pulse. Nothing but a headache getting it to work

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #11,865 of 13,800

When did you get the firmware, as in about what date (like year and month maybe)?

BTW, it has been three days since I put in my ticket. Not a huge deal as I have been living with this for quite a while now. But they definitely did not make the 48 hour mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back