Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 18, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #11,821 of 13,800

It has been 6 days since I contacted LH Labs w/ a support ticket question about Pulse S100 AMP subwoofer outputs. I pointed out that I paid $450 (1.5 years ago) for a 2G 1m USB cable that was never sent. Why do I feel that I am dealing with a group of "Scary Clowns"?

So i ask about update, since it has been 2 months from last production schedule and a few weeks from the Gavin posting.

here is the response:
Yes, we are over due for some updates. I can tell you that Larry is working on updates for all campaigns to be released in the next few weeks. I do apologize for all the delay.

All the Best!

Take care,
Gina Stewart

Customer Happiness Agent

so how do you run a manufacturing operation when you don't even have a production schedule in place thru the end of the month.

i hope that this means they are working on getting everything out for this month, then will plan for next month.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #11,822 of 13,800
"due for some updates" and "working on it" likely means "we are delaying updates until we have at least one positive thing to report" - which could be anything (from "all usb cables have been delivered" to "all Pulse chassis' have arrived so we can ramp up production" to who knows what. We just get to wait. And wait. And...

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #11,825 of 13,800
Well, it had been ages since I'd checked this thread, so the week before last I caught up on things. Hmmmmm! Glad I got my Infinity when I did. I lost patience with the new chassis debacle and just got them to send mine in the original. Got to say that I feel really sorry that so many backers are still waiting. I guess we were taken in, hook, line and sinker. (Yes, that is a Fish ing analogy.)

This was my 1st DAC, and I have to say that I like the way it sounds. A bit of a pain in the butt getting it to work with Foobar on Win 10, but it usually only takes a few minutes of power cycling and pulling my 2G USB cable in and out to get it up and running.

Anyway, I notice new firmware came out earlier this year, and I'm guessing that maybe this could make connection easier. I've put a ticket in for the firmware (8 days and still waiting!) Am I wasting my time with either the new firmware, or with LH Labs support, or both?

Here's my Infinity with Hdplex H1.S Win10 PC and KGST electrostatic head amp.

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #11,826 of 13,800
  Well, it had been ages since I'd checked this thread, so the week before last I caught up on things. Hmmmmm! Glad I got my Infinity when I did. I lost patience with the new chassis debacle and just got them to send mine in the original. Got to say that I feel really sorry that so many backers are still waiting. I guess we were taken in, hook, line and sinker. (Yes, that is a Fish ing analogy.)

This was my 1st DAC, and I have to say that I like the way it sounds. A bit of a pain in the butt getting it to work with Foobar on Win 10, but it usually only takes a few minutes of power cycling and pulling my 2G USB cable in and out to get it up and running.

Anyway, I notice new firmware came out earlier this year, and I'm guessing that maybe this could make connection easier. I've put a ticket in for the firmware (8 days and still waiting!) Am I wasting my time with either the new firmware, or with LH Labs support, or both?

If I remember right the new firmware is supposed to help with/fix those kinds of connection issues. Definitely pursue it.

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #11,829 of 13,800

​If it works, why fix it! Nice equipment rack set up!

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #11,830 of 13,800

Because it is a PIA. Every time I turn off the PC it is an adventure (or maybe better, a nightmare)  and frustration to get the Infinity to be recognized by  the PC (Win 7) and therefor Foobar.
I keep thinking that I need to get the newer firmware. I think that I also will open a ticket. I have been avoiding doing it just do to the aggravation factor.

Judging by reports here, this will be another exercise in frustration. The ticketing system has always been less than adequate, now it seems to have gotten even worse.

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #11,832 of 13,800
  I always thought it was just me being a bit numb when I couldn't get the DAC to connect. You've made me feel a whole lot better now! Adventure? It's certainly been one trip I wouldn't like to go on again.

I have read about quite a few people with the same problem. This says the problem is not unique to my unit, but is sure doesn't make me feel any better about it. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #11,833 of 13,800

valve5425, 

I have a similar set up as you except I have a Pulse Xfi-LPS4 combo. I use laptop w/ Windows 10, JRiver 22, Lightspeed Revive, w/ Lightspeed 10G cable. I have a startup sequence of (1. laptop, 2. LPS4, 3. Pulse Xfi, w/ original firmware). The computer handshakes w/ Pulse Xfi 1st time, every time. This is the same sequence before adding Lightspeed Revive, and it worked every time.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #11,834 of 13,800
Are any Mac users having these problems too? I have an Infinity v2 and it's always been easy to connect to my MacBook Air. The DAC should be designed to work with both Windows and OSx but I wonder if the Windows OS is giving the Pulse the finger.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #11,835 of 13,800
I requested a copy of the new firmware and was given one for my specific Pulse in 48 hours. Send a ticket folks with your serial number at the back.

Windows doesn't like playing with the Pulse but Mac and Android have been plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back