Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 26, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #9,061 of 13,800
Looks impressive, but outdoors, in the sun, hard to tell what is what. Could you break it down?

Yeah it like coming from Frakenstein Labs doesn't it? Its like your USB Regen just a step further IMO..

I'll try to link some information as well as other similar cards.

SOtM Usb card vs PPA Studio Card
JCAT usb card review
SOtM Usb Card Review
JCAT usb card product page
SOtM usb car product page
PPA Audio usb card product page

OCXO: Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator

You really use all that? I'm impressed! STill wouldn't know what to do with all that gear.

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #9,062 of 13,800
I've made myself a promise NOT to figure out what I've spent on LH campaigns :D

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #9,065 of 13,800
You really use all that? I'm impressed! STill wouldn't know what to do with all that gear.

Of course not.  Just showing alternatives for Regen.
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #9,066 of 13,800

Of course not.  Just showing alternatives for Regen. :D  

Whew!

The advantage of the Regen is, for someone like me, who could believe you use all that stuff, it's very easy to use, plug 'n play, no drivers/dowwnloads, don't need to know what it does...

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #9,068 of 13,800

Of course not.  Just showing alternatives for Regen.
biggrin.gif

Not an alternative Michael but to be used in conjunction with.  The cleaner the signal to the REGEN the better.  Even Alex and John S. recommend keeping the SOtM, PPA or JCAT cards in the chain.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #9,069 of 13,800

Not an alternative Michael but to be used in conjunction with.  The cleaner the signal to the REGEN the better.  Even Alex and John S. recommend keeping the SOtM, PPA or JCAT cards in the chain.

Meaning its not enough? When are these things gonna stop?

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #9,070 of 13,800
You're a piece of work!
beerchug.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #9,072 of 13,800

Meaning its not enough? When are these things gonna stop?

LOVE these dogs!
(it does seem like it never ends...)

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #9,073 of 13,800
Please try it, I would like to know if you notice any difference...

I believe at such a short distance, it shouldn't matter, and whatever change there could be, the benefit of not having any pressure on connectors would far outweigh any change in sound, plus you would still be getting the benefits of the REGEN in your chain.

For me sound quality is most important. The very slight pressure is absorbed in the hard connector. I used my Lightspeed 2G and Mapleshade Clearlink Plus, and the hard connector sounded noticeably better. There are other short USB cable (Aqvox for example) but I have not tried them yet.

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #9,075 of 13,800
Anyone A-B with the Ygg?

They're completely different beasts, but given the choice between the two I'd prefer the Yggdrasil as my DAC because it's an R2R. You have to keep in mind that the Yggy is more than twice many backed for a Pulse X Infinity. It's nearly 3x the price for those who got the best deal on the Infinity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back