Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 12, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #4,473 of 13,800
The 12v one. If you are concerned with the usb power handshake, you need a split 2G or 10G cable, and a second 5v lps with the USB port, though I don't think its all that necessary... 

Not sure if Alvin still has any available though, the MO ended awhile back. You should PM him to ask 

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #4,474 of 13,800
Ebonyzer the jay's audio LPS mass order is over.  You would have needed the 12V version.  You can PM Alvin1118 to find out if he's going to do a new 4th mass order, I believe he's the only source for it  http://www.head-fi.org/u/80443/alvin1118

edit:  woot, Earfonia, the guy who wrote the super long and detailed Audio Technica AT-A5050H review says he's waiting for a Pulse XFI and will also review it :D

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #4,475 of 13,800
I think Alvin was offering to ship outside of Asia as well, as long as you will pay for the postage.

How many would be interested in the Jay's LPS?

(Asking because enough show of hands might convince him to start another MO)

Jan 12, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #4,476 of 13,800
I ordered an LPS from alvin too and I live in the Netherlands. I just got word from him that the manufacturer is probably gonna ship them out in about a week and that this third batch will have a blue and more dim voltage LCD since the first ones were bright green.

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #4,478 of 13,800
I got to stop by LH Labs at CES. They weren't in the audio hospitality suites, which is where they frankly should have been set up. Instead they were in the giant main hall of miscellaneous and small vendors. They had a laptop with an LPS 4, Pulse, and LCD-XC headphones. There was also an X or Xfi unit that was not connected. There were also shells for the Soul and Wave on the table. Most of the crew you would recognize was there at the 'booth' table.
The hall was so loud I put the demo phones on for a few seconds and gave up. The hall was loud, the music was loud, and there was no sense in it at all.
I mentioned that I was one of the original backers of the first campaign, and upgraded to X and Xfi and backed the Wave and other perks and upgrades. I basically got a response of 'oh, you didn't upgrade to infinity version? You should have gotten an LPS4...' Finally Larry stepped in and said that I would be very happy, so that was something. Otherwise response from LH Labs in person was the same as here and elsewhere: terrible.
I did ask on all of our behalf when the X and Xfi units were shipping. They said that people who upgraded at the end of the campaign got a new position at the end of the line based on the last thing you backed (I was shocked speechless and literally respond to that). Then Larry jumped in and said not to worry that they had stock for the units, they just needed to sort through all the data to make sure people were sent what they actually backed and upgraded over time.
Seeing how long it has taken them to sort through backer data in the past and how professional the staff wasn't (aside from Larry, for whom I have a newfound sense of respect), I wouldn't expect anything this month.

After further research on the statement that people that upgraded were moved to the back of the line I have come up empty handed with anyone form the LH Labs crew that was present during CES that made that statement.  

As we've stated during the campaign, upgrades will not impact shipping schedules.  All units will be produced in parallel to their upgrade routes.  

Hope this clears things up.  

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #4,479 of 13,800
Just wanted to update this thread:

My LPS + Pulse is my main DAC right now and I've really been enjoying it with my $100 Crown power amp and some speakers from Dennis Murphy. One hell of a DAC, nice and aggressive with really tight bass and amazing resolution from that 9018k2m mobile chip! I am finding that I prefer the sound to any other SABRE DAC that has been in my system so far, including the XSABRE.

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #4,480 of 13,800

My LPS + Pulse is my main DAC right now and I've really been enjoying it with my $100 Crown power amp and some speakers from Dennis Murphy. One hell of a DAC, nice and aggressive with really tight bass and amazing resolution from that 9018k2m mobile chip! I am finding that I prefer the sound to any other SABRE DAC that has been in my system so far, including the XSABRE.

atsmile.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #4,482 of 13,800
Are you saying a giant crowdfunding effort with thousands of customers and hundreds of parts in lots of different configurations with a bunch of extra add-ons and several bundle options may have resulted in some kind of miscommunication?

That seems ridiculous, we should jump to foul play first. And to be safe and to cover all of our bases, we should be smug at the same time. 

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #4,483 of 13,800
Are you saying a giant crowdfunding effort with thousands of customers and hundreds of parts in lots of different configurations with a bunch of extra add-ons and several bundle options may have resulted in some kind of miscommunication?

That seems ridiculous, we should jump to foul play first. And to be safe and to cover all of our bases, we should be smug at the same time. 

LoL

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #4,484 of 13,800

Effin' brilliant. Well played sir.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #4,485 of 13,800

What is the characteristics of the Pulse ? Warm or neutral ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back