Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 12, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #4,490 of 13,800
I believe that whatever opinion can reflect where we are coming from etc. In my case I don't consider the Pulse to be lean and cold or warm. Which means I'm ending up in the the neutral territory, and probably slightly lesser warm sounding than my Geek Out, although much more transparent and detailed, relative speaking.

I do find the Geek Pulse to be a very decent upgrade over my Geek Out 450, as it should be. Although I of course can't tell if it is related to a better implantation of the DAC part or the amplification section. It could very well be a bit of both... 

I feel or experience that the music I listen to are presented in a a more effortless way with the Geek Pulse vs. Out and at the same time revealing more micro details and better imaging.
On some tracks the Geek Out sound more constricted, less dynamic although the Geek Out on its own is quite unique.

Now, if anyone is listening? I would very much like to see a better FW arrive to fix a bunch of bugs. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #4,491 of 13,800
Mine's certainly not lean and cold. It's not a warm signature either. It's a very natural and neutral signature with hardly any coloration. Just the way I like a good DAC. I'm listening to the HE-5LE through a standard Pulse at the moment and trust me this is not a cold sound.

What about brightness? Does it work with all songs? Is there any instances that there is sibilance and piercing highs?
*Just Cheking*

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #4,494 of 13,800
I think I was remembering Walfredo's impressions of the pulse where he calls it lean/cold but he seems to be in the minority now.  Most people say neutral/slightly warm now that I did a search of the thread

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #4,496 of 13,800
Anybody know how long it normally takes LH to respond to a ticket ? I opened one yesterday morning and have not heard from them at all. Considering it is a payment issue and they want their money  I would think they would respond.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #4,497 of 13,800
  Anybody know how long it normally takes LH to respond to a ticket ? I opened one yesterday morning and have not heard from them at all. Considering it is a payment issue and they want their money  I would think they would respond.

Should be faster now that CES is over... i opened 1 before CES and it took over a week for a response. Other than that usually a couple of days plus or minus..

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #4,498 of 13,800

They usually respond within three days. I've had tickets that stayed unanswered longer but usually during the holiday season and or events like CES. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4,499 of 13,800
  Mine's certainly not lean and cold. It's not a warm signature either. It's a very natural and neutral signature with hardly any coloration. Just the way I like a good DAC. I'm listening to the HE-5LE through a standard Pulse at the moment and trust me this is not a cold sound.

How is the synergy between the vanilla Pulse and the HE-5LE? :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #4,500 of 13,800
  Whats happening with the HE-560's i saw quite a bit ago people in asia getting theirs.

Has LH still not received their ones to ship out yet? Really sucks Australia didnt come from the asia shipments.

I'll quote the relevant updates here for your perusal, from here

Originally Posted by Casey Hartwell
The headphones have not arrived to our office yet. We met with the hifiman team while at CES to remedy the shipping delay.

Originally Posted by Casey Hartwell Yes, actually. My time spent at CES doing my job. This is the first time I've had a chance to get in the forum.

Originally Posted by Casey Hartwell Wether or not it will be received well is up to each of you to decide. The simple fact that the headphones have not arrived at our facility is the reason shipments have not begun. As I stated earlier, we met with Hifiman @ CES to discuss where our shipment was and they are looking into the shipping status on their end.
As far as the direct shipment you speak of, that was simply not an option for Hifiman as they would not ship outside of Asia. The amount of bundle deals offered has absolutely no affect on the shipment of products as we submitted a PO en mass. In fact, the third and final PO was submitted directly after the campaign ended for the last bundle deal offerings.
If this has become such an issue for you I'd suggest that you look into other means of purchasing your products.

Originally Posted by Casey Hartwell As far as your question goes, the shipment itself is not lost. From my understanding, there was a miscommunication which happened to occur during the busiest time of year (CES) for both of our companies. After speaking with their team they have committed to give us an update on the outstanding shipment by tomorrow. The Hifiman crew has been EXTREMELY cooperative and I can not emphasis enough of how much of a great partnership we've been able to develop with them. Were there some bumps along the way? Sure. But it's nothing we can't overcome.
I want each of you to have your headphones more than ever for the simple fact it's what we promised to each of you.

For those that have been put off by this I'm very sorry and wish there was something else I could tell you besides hold tight and wait to be informed.

All of us at LH continue to try our best to be as open and transparent as possible with our customers. I'd say the vast majority of people appreciate it, however, there are those that abuse it and call into question our practices which makes all of our jobs that much more difficult.

Hopefully this wasn't to much of a rant and I was able to answer your question effectively
smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back