Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 7, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #4,397 of 13,800
Nice to see lots of things shipping out from LH Labs.. I notice on http://www.lhlabs.com/support/shippingstatus.html the numbers for lps and lps 4 increased!

Geek LPS

59% shipped

Geek LPS4

45% shipped

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #4,398 of 13,800
  Nice to see lots of things shipping out from LH Labs.. I notice on http://www.lhlabs.com/support/shippingstatus.html the numbers for lps and lps 4 increased!

Geek LPS

59% shipped

Geek LPS4

45% shipped

59% and 47% as of right now. Any of you recent recipients willing to let us know when you made the LPS4 contribution? I made mine on 12/21/2013 (my LPS contribution was 12/15).

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #4,399 of 13,800
Just fired up my new LPS (not 4) for a first listen via GO450 and HE-560/Draug 2 (using 3 metre usb cable from my printer for now) and have been switching between LPS and direct laptop connection for a while.  Crikey, people aren't kidding when they say the LPS makes a big difference...improved dynamics are immediately apparent and the 560 sounds even faster. Definitely not a subtle improvement, which can't always be said in this game. I previously felt that the GO450 struggled to drive these cans adequately well...now I'm not so sure.

Incidentally, I'm getting the same issue as many others have reported in that using the slacker cable in the back of the LPS prevents the GO450 from being recognised by my OS.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #4,400 of 13,800
My LPS4 is supposed to arrive later today (probably in 2 hours if the mail man is going through his normal delivery schedule). I didn't think about this earlier, but with a 2G cable...you can't use the Geek Out.

Oh well, I'll just use a standard printer cable to do the tests. At least the 2G can be used with the LPS and Pulse.

Why do you think you can't use the 2G with the GO?  All you need is a female Type B to female Type A adapter.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #4,405 of 13,800

The 2G has a split output for power (handshake) and data. 

And you can use two USB Type A ports, one for power and one for Data, on a laptop or PC and get an adapter (Female USB Type B to Female Type A that the cable and GO plug into.  You can also use a Linear Power Supply or a Battery to supply power for the power leg.

2G cable:

1) First Male USB Type A on cable with black strip (Power leg) plugs into female USB Type A on PC, LPS or Battery
2) Second USB Type A on cable no black strip (Data leg) plugs into another female USB Type A on PC or Music source
3) Male USB Type B on cable plugs into USB adapter > Female Type B to Female Type A > connects with Geek Out

I use this setup every day.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #4,406 of 13,800

And you can use two USB Type A ports, one for power and one for Data, on a laptop or PC and get an adapter (Female USB Type B to Female Type A that the cable and GO plug into.  You can also use a Linear Power Supply or a Battery to supply power for the power leg.

2G cable:

1) First Male USB Type A on cable with black strip (Power leg) plugs into female USB Type A on PC, LPS or Battery
2) Second USB Type A on cable no black strip (Data leg) plugs into another female USB Type A on PC or Music source
3) Male USB Type B on cable plugs into USB adapter > Female Type B to Female Type A > connects with Geek Out

I use this setup every day.

Huh. Never thought about using it in reverse. My original thoughts were that 2G was best off with single end on the source, rather than on the DAC.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #4,408 of 13,800
  Huh. Never thought about using it in reverse. My original thoughts were that 2G was best off with single end on the source, rather than on the DAC.

Hi Valoren,

I don't know of any source, PC or other, that uses a Type B connector for output.  Most Desktop DAC's have a Female USB Type B for input.  The difference with the Geek Out is that it has a Male Type A that was intended to plug directly into the PC or Source's Female Type A connector.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,409 of 13,800
did I miss something? Is threre a tracking page for individuals too look at all the perks they got? Or that's just the indiegogo page? I am still waiting to hear from Tami with my Infinity Upgrade, per ticket sent an email, hopefully they answer, I guess if not I will remain XFI THD.

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #4,410 of 13,800
There is a page: lhlabs.com/tracking.
But it is only accessible for Pulse backers before March 2013 - those who participated in the first and second IGG campaign.

LH has to source the data from the forever funding campaign for "Newcomers" and then you should be able to Login.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back