Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 6, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #4,366 of 13,800
Welp... looks like the crowd funding phase is over... Everything is on MSRP now.

(now I wonder how many ppl are gonna buy them at msrp, I guess it depends on how well they do on the Vegas show)

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #4,367 of 13,800
Looks like they reduced the MSRP price on their Xfi?
Pulse Xfi went down from $3,199 to $2,999 while they included the Infinity at $3,599. I thought the Infinity is a limited Indiegogo only model along witht the SE, looks like it'll be their highest Pulse DAC config to be retailed now?

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #4,368 of 13,800
I hope they sell a ****load at MSRP, that will only do good things for our indiegogo priced units :p  Not that I'd ever swap out gear in my system :wink:

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #4,369 of 13,800
I personally don't see them selling this much Pulse Units at MSRP.
It's still way too expensive in my opinion compared to the competitors.

But I wish them the best and success. But $999 for a plain Pulse... that's way too much considering the firmware bugs which are going to be fixed at some time. The GO firmware was fixed after a couple of months I think and it was a "minor" volume bug.

Instead of focusing on implementing the new filters, like the SMM, they should focus on the firmware first. Maybe that's what they're doing and have two dedicated teams working on it.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #4,370 of 13,800
Not to mention the features on the Pulse is very minimal compared to others at that price range.
If i'm not mistaken, wasn't the original MSRP for all the Pulse models much less by 1/2 of what the current MSRP is now? How do they justify doubling the MSRP from it's original MSRP?

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #4,371 of 13,800
The MSRP was $399 for the plain Pulse.

They justify the cost, because the Pulse evolved during the campaign to what it is right now. New case, new features like the filters, gain stage - but I thought the silver array was going to be IGG only as a gift from Larry.

Well let's see how this all works out.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #4,372 of 13,800

They justify the cost, because the Pulse evolved during the campaign to what it is right now. New case, new features like the filters, gain stage - but I thought the silver array was going to be IGG only as a gift from Larry.

I thought the older case looked better/pricier than the plain one now.. But with those new features it doesn't seem to be 2.5x the original MSRP? Unless they upgraded the whole internal and circuity/PCB boards to a whole new level..
I missed the silver array part, any link on that? Is it permanent on all base pulse now?

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #4,373 of 13,800

I thought the older case looked better/pricier than the plain one now.. But with those new features it doesn't seem to be 2.5x the original MSRP? Unless they upgraded the whole internal and circuity/PCB boards to a whole new level..
I missed the silver array part, any link on that? Is it permanent on all base pulse now?

I think the Silver Array is a permanent feature now, as for the Information there was an IGG update long time ago.
Here is the link to the LHlabs Forum http://lhlabs.com/force/indiegogogeekpulse/1569-gold-or-silver-contact-point-relay-Arrays

Unfortunately the update for the Array at IGG is not accessible anymore. That's another downside for IGG. Old updates are unavailable...

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #4,374 of 13,800

This wasn't the MSRP, the $399 was the IGG contribution amount for a standard Geek Pulse. The plan was always to up the amount to the price they would be selling at retail, which LHL said for as long as I can remember was $999. Cheers 

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #4,375 of 13,800
  This wasn't the MSRP, the $399 was the IGG contribution amount for a standard Geek Pulse. The plan was always to up the amount to the price they would be selling at retail, which LHL said for as long as I can remember was $999. Cheers

It was the MSRP during the first IGG Pulse campaign, where the Pulse was offered for $299 or $200 for Kickstarter backer.

The MSRP of $999 resulted because of the last changes to the Pulse during the campaign and when the campain ended and even more features were added.

The Price for the Pulse at $399 was for the Forever Funding campaign and for Geek Force members only at the beginning, before adding the Payment Plan Perk as a Pre-Sale price.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #4,376 of 13,800
the igg page originally said $499 for pulse and $699 for pulse x msrp.  Then they made changes:  a bigger enclosure, gain switching, volume knob, screen etc

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #4,378 of 13,800
All I see everybody talking about is DAC DAC DAC DAC DAC. Isn't a 3w dedicated headphone amp worth something as well? ( I think I could probably get ample volume out of a string and paper cup) I would assume if they spent all this time on a product that is intended to compete at the $1k range the amp would be very good if not excellent as well so I see added value there. Although I have yet to receive my unit (vanilla pulse) I still think I come out ahead @$399 vs buying two Schiit products  (magni2/modi2 uber versions) for $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back