Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 13, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #2,643 of 13,800
Anyone know the output impedance for the pulse? The indiegogo page says it cab drive iems so I assume it can go extremely low.

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #2,647 of 13,800
Geek Soul chassis pics....

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #2,649 of 13,800
Woah, that looks incredibly nice! Too bad it can't fit on my desk though, as mentioned ^.

Here's for hoping that the non-Soul units can get some sort of aesthetic makeover since the Soul makes the Pulse look like a cheap audio product. >.>

Say, whatever happened to the idea of having LEDs around the volume knob for volume level indication? There was quite a large discussion about that both in terms of how it'll be implemented and how it'll be incorporated into the design. It just disappeared off the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned. Something like this:
9guv.jpg

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,650 of 13,800
Kayla, Gavin, Casey and Larry have been placed in the Phantom Zone!
wink_face.gif

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #2,651 of 13,800
  Geek Soul chassis pics....

Wow. I don't know about putting that on my desk next to my headphone amp, but it would look great in TOTL 2 ch rig...

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #2,652 of 13,800
Geek Soul is optimized for rack based systems. For desktop we have Geek Pulse.

In fact Larry said Pulse+LPS and Pulse Xfi+LPS has very little difference to Geek Soul and Soul Xfi respectively. Only Soul Tube with its TBO is different. But again it depends on preferences...

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #2,653 of 13,800
Geek Soul is optimized for rack based systems. For desktop we have Geek Pulse.

In fact Larry said Pulse+LPS and Pulse Xfi+LPS has very little difference to Geek Soul and Soul Xfi respectively. Only Soul Tube with its TBO is different. But again it depends on preferences...

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Mickey. 
I have the Pulse on order. I'm going to have to look into the LPS...

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #2,654 of 13,800
Got Xfi versions of both Pulse and Soul coming, one for the office and the other for the entertainment system. Before the Pulse's look changed from post-modern dynamic to plain brick, I'd planned on it taking up some desk space, but now will put it on a shelf in the return next to the desk. Yeah, I like unusual shapes -- one of the reasons the current Soul design attracts me.

I'm a bit torn, though, about where to put the Soul -- it rightfully belongs top center of the console rack where my preamp/controller now sits, but don't think I'll enjoy the wild reflections when the big screen above is turned on. So, either put it on the shelf below the preamp/controller or put it on top and cover it with a black cloth

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,655 of 13,800
Here's for hoping that the non-Soul units can get some sort of aesthetic makeover since the Soul makes the Pulse look like a cheap audio product. >.>

Say, whatever happened to the idea of having LEDs around the volume knob for volume level indication? There was quite a large discussion about that both in terms of how it'll be implemented and how it'll be incorporated into the design. It just disappeared off the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned. Something like this:

If LH labs is listening..... again, it would be nice to offer a trade-up option for a redesigned chassis for the Pulse even if it means shelling out additional funds at a reasonable cost. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back