Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #2,612 of 13,800
You won't have received a survey yet so you shouldn't be able to log into the tracking link. The survey that's been mentioned was only for backers of the first and second Pulse campaigns. Backers who joined during the current Forever Funding campaign won't be receiving a survey until later. Since you joined during the current campaign I'd expect that you would get a survey some time after the campaign ends, but I wouldn't expect it to be immediately afterwards; probably February of March. It's going to be some time before the current campaign ships since they have a lot to get through from the previous campaigns. Since you're not really on the list yet there's no reason to confirm if you're going to need LHLabs to hold back the Pulse or send it when it's ready. After all, you could simply back the full Soul itself during the campaign if you wanted it.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #2,613 of 13,800
I just got in on the pulse+HE-400i deal.
I wanted to try the 400i and I'm on the hunt for dacs so win-win 
L3000.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #2,614 of 13,800
Also does the bundle ship together or separate? No biggie either way. April/May will be here soon enough :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #2,616 of 13,800
  I simply couldn't resist, borrowed money from a bunch of friends and pulled the plug on the Pulse & HE-560 bundle... I just hope my wife will understand...

I am currently enjoying a Sony MDR-900 from an Asus Xonar DX and think the new gear should make a noticeable improvement. Thanks for all the info and interesting posts from all the gang here at head-fi, it really helped me and I learned a lot from you guys (except how to resist temptation). And don't worry, when my wife kills me tomorrow I won't mention any head-fier names :) 

Also, does anyone know if the bundle can be upgraded to Pulse X (this hobby really suck you in, doesn't it) and when it will ship?  

Yes. You could upgrade your Geek Pulse to Xfi.

Also, thank you for being a user of Xonar series. And actually that is part of my previous team's great work 6 years ago. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #2,617 of 13,800
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #2,618 of 13,800
Wait. What is the geek pulse?

This or

This?

I've seen them both being referred to as the Geek Pulse.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #2,619 of 13,800
It's then (before IGG) and now (after crowd designing/inputs from backers).

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #2,621 of 13,800
Re Customs and Tax issues for Overseas Backers.

In two other IGG campaigns I have "backed" I have received the following the notice which implies that becasue one was a backer not a buyer, what one gave the Campaign Producer was a GIFT and hence the object received is not taxable by international Law. If so then products we receive from rather expensive individual campaign backings should also this be exempt from local customs duties which seems to depend on what is filled in on the mailing form.. See message below as an example from other IGG Campaign Owners:
"For contributors outside the US, we have now shipped almost x number of perks. We know many of you have received messages from UPS asking for duty and tax; this was not our intention. As you know, you did not purchase a product from us. Instead, you contributed to our campaign and to show our thanks, we are providing you with a gift.
Unfortunately while working with UPS to fulfill our international perks, the spreadsheet cell showing amount contributed was added to the UPS invoice as the dollar value of the box contents. And, the check box with the option to Bill Duty and Tax to Receiver was checked instead of left blank so we could assume these charges.
We take full responsibility for these issues and if you are willing to cover the duty and taxes to get your box that is wonderful and we will consider it an additional part of your contribution. But, if you want us to pay duty and customs as was expected, please send a receipt with your costs to support@X.com so we can send you the amount via PayPal.  All additional non-US orders will be marked as Bill Duty and Tax to Sender.: END QUOTE Whether the campaign backers actually end up having to pay import tax I don't know, but maybe not if this whole thing is a backer/gift structure rather than a purchase.
And indeed this has been the case with the other campaign products not from LH Labs I have already received on which I paid no import duty tax or was asked for any. product was just delivered into my hands at my home by TNT in those cases. I mention this as in fact I have declined to join in some of the GEEK PRODUCT campaign perks after joining one because I calculated that  it would cost me too much in local duty in addition to the product however eager and hungry I was for it.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #2,623 of 13,800
International Geek Out backers (including me) have been charged import duties...frankly, as I expected would be the case.  Clearly this isn't the case with some other campaigns...and I suppose simply boils down to how the items are declared at time of shipment. This does rather sound like a loophole that's waiting to be closed by recipient countries' customs policies :wink:

Perhaps you could raise the issue on the LH Labs forum?  

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2,624 of 13,800
I don't think we should assume that importing our Pulse units (into countries where punitive import taxes are applied) will NOT incur additional charges. As whether import duty is levied depends on how the packages export documentation is written and how the customs department interpret it. In my experience UK Customs invariably ignore what's written in the export paperwork description field and instead look at the numerical value of the item. Thus I've even been charged import tax on a warranty repair that I'd already paid duty on as the manufacturer inadvertently wrote the full retail value of the item on the packages paperwork. 

Unless LH Labs assign a low value to the Pulse of $20 USD or less UK customers can expect to pay import tax/fees of around 30% 

Quote:
  Nice, was worried if I needed to paid the tax or not....in Japan, import taxes, especially electronics hit you hard in the face.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #2,625 of 13,800
According to Gavin an Casey. We will ship out Hifiman separately... :wink:

Larry

This is quite good to know. I backed the limited Pulse and HE 560 bundle as well. It would be really great to get the 560 to listen to while waiting for my Wave and Pulse!

Thanks Larry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back