Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 11, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #2,597 of 13,800
Oh just F.Y.I. for anyone else who might be interested, since I was a backer from the first Pulse campaign, the upgrade price from the second LightSpeed 1G cable to the 2G was only $100 to match the original campaign price of $159 instead of the revamped one of $259, which is nice.

Did you open a support ticket for the upgrade?

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #2,599 of 13,800
Since my browser keeps crashing every time I try to post a question at the LHLabs forum, I'll post these questions regarding the HiFiMan package deals here. Just want to make sure there are not surprises if I take advantage of one of these deals.

1. I assume any of the package deal orders go to the back of the shipping queue, correct? Seems obvious and fair.
  2. What is the expected ship date of these packages? Not clear when new orders will be shipped.
  3. Will ordering one of these packages affect my place in the shipping queue for any previous Pulse order? I would think not, but...
  4. And the big one - can I have the HiFiMan headphones shipped with a previous Pulse order so that I can begin listening right away? Probably not, but I have to ask :)

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #2,600 of 13,800
Nov 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #2,602 of 13,800
  Is LH Labs turning into QVC!

Enough already! Time need to start delivering some of the goods!

This isn't a new product launch, so I have no idea why you are complaining.

LPS have already started shipping to some (if they didn't chose Soul upgrades) and in 3 days the vanilla Pulse start shipping out as well.

the reactions about shipping delays are warranted somewhat if you bought in during the early days, but folks need to settle down.
it's not like LH labs is the worlds only supplier of oxygen and we all die if they don't deliver today.

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #2,603 of 13,800
Where can I purchase one?

I see their indiegogo page...

But which one should I get..?

Edit: What! I already have the He400i but they're offering the 560 + the Geek pulse for the price of a 560?

WHAT

Augh they're all so expensive. My wallet can't handle it.

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #2,604 of 13,800
Oh just F.Y.I. for anyone else who might be interested, since I was a backer from the first Pulse campaign, the upgrade price from the second LightSpeed 1G cable to the 2G was only $100 to match the original campaign price of $159 instead of the revamped one of $259, which is nice.

Do you remember the price of a 2m 2G cable. I got the 2m 1G cable.

Also, I assume you opened a ticket to request this upgrade?

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #2,605 of 13,800
Do you remember the price of a 2m 2G cable. I got the 2m 1G cable.

Also, I assume you opened a ticket to request this upgrade?

Hm, no I don't unfortunately. If you open a new support ticket about it, they'll likely respond back.
I actually didn't specify the length when I sent an inquiry about it, but I'm assuming that since I backed the 1 meter 1G cable, I'd probably want to upgrade to the 1 meter 2G cable.

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #2,606 of 13,800
From Casey:

Faithful Geek Pulse & LPS Backers,

The time has come, we are about to start shipping Geek Pulse this Friday, November 14th. If you haven’t already, please head over to www.LHLabs.com/tracking to confirm your shipping address so we can get the ball rolling on delivering your much anticipated gear. By visiting the link above, you’ll also have the ability to place a hold on shipping your Geek Pulse/LPS if you’ve already backed and wish to wait for the upgrade to Geek Soul.

On another note, we will also begin shipping out LightSpeed 2G cables, LightSpeed SPDIF cables and LightSpeed AES/EBU cables this Friday as well.

For Geek Pulse X backers, since the components counts are almost double and Larry is incredibly insistent on providing the highest quality control checks for each board, the PCB assembly factory has reported to us that they need two more weeks to properly QC each board before they’ll be able to ship them to us. Larry is adamant the final product will be worth the slightly longer wait.

We’re incredibly pleased to begin the shipping process and start delivering the products that you have so eagerly and patiently been waiting for.

Once again, be sure to head over to www.LHLabs.com/tracking and confirm your shipping address right away.

Let the shipping commence!

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #2,607 of 13,800
  From Casey:

I tried to use the link, but I never answered a survey about the Pulse, and when I ask it to send my password (which I never made, because I didn't do the survey) to my email, I don't get anything (have waited a whole day). I want mine to ship ASAP and I don't want to upgrade to the soul, but idk how to let them know

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #2,609 of 13,800
I simply couldn't resist, borrowed money from a bunch of friends and pulled the plug on the Pulse & HE-560 bundle... I just hope my wife will understand...

I am currently enjoying a Sony MDR-900 from an Asus Xonar DX and think the new gear should make a noticeable improvement. Thanks for all the info and interesting posts from all the gang here at head-fi, it really helped me and I learned a lot from you guys (except how to resist temptation). And don't worry, when my wife kills me tomorrow I won't mention any head-fier names :) 

Also, does anyone know if the bundle can be upgraded to Pulse X (this hobby really suck you in, doesn't it) and when it will ship?  

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #2,610 of 13,800
When did you back the Pulse?
I backed it about a week ago, but the quote above makes it sound like all contributors who want their pulse to arrive sooner (I know it won't be soon) should go to the tracking page /confirm that they won't be upgrading to the Soul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back