Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jul 15, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #13,741 of 13,800
Xfi and lps working, volume control is dodgy though. Use it fixed with an allegri + pre . Would an rme adi be an upgrade on the xfi
I have both a Geek Pulse Xfi and RME ADI-2 FS. In my opinion, when it is working correctly, the Geek Pulse Xfi, used fully balanced with my headphones, is better sounding then the RME, which has a weaker single-ended internal amp and lower quality (single AKM 4493) DAC. However, I overcome this by using my RME just as a DAC via XLR output with other balanced amps (THX 789 and Xduoo MT-604 4 Tube amp). Sound is as good as the Geek xFi then. I love the newer RME's remote, which lets me control left and right side volume balance, increases or decreases base and treble, and turns EQ for individual headphones on and off. I can really tailor the sound easily. I don't know of any other setup that will do this.

Jul 27, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #13,743 of 13,800
Hi which drivers would I need for the Geek Pulse X-Fi to use it on Windows 10?

Jul 27, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #13,744 of 13,800
What I have.
Install driver first before attaching DAC.
Just incase, disable power management on your USB ports.

Attachments

• LightHarmonic_DriverSetup_v3.26.0.exe.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #13,746 of 13,800
Hi there!
I'm still using my Pulse X with satisfaction, so since I have around lots of LPS electronics, I'd try to upgrate the stock PSU... getting near to the Geek LPS.
Anyone got it open and took a pic? :p

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #13,747 of 13,800
Does anyone know who repairs these desktop amps. My Volume won't change the volume level -- X-fi balanced version. It also no longer allows selection of outputs. The DAC works fine. If I can't get it fixed I want to take the headphone amp and DAC out of it and find someone who can work out a new front end. The sound is really good through my HiFi man HE 1000v2.

Need help

Oct 7, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #13,748 of 13,800
I have the same basic issue. My Volume won't change the volume level -- X-fi balanced version. I now have it running Toslink Optical input (via a Topping D10S) to avoid driver issues. This works well with the following caveats. I have to leave it powered on permanently. If it is turned off, such as after a power outage, nothing works. I leave it without the power plugged in for a few days and then turn it back on and leave it on for a few days to fully warm up. Then I hooked it up to my Music Player (Music Bee) and switched the Geek Pulse Xfi power switch off and on, setting the input to Toslink (optical). After doing this several times, I got to a state where I had no Geek Pulse Xfi knob control (including volume), but both DAC and amp would work through all outputs. I can control the Geek Pulse volume via the Music Player volume control via the optical input. Volume control is not very fine in control, but the sound quality of WAV files bit-perfect into the Geek Pulse and out of the balanced XLR to Focal Clear headphones is outstanding. I'm not sure whether this will be repeatable when the next power outage happens. I think that by having it hooked up optically when you initially turn it off then on, it tries to sort itself out and saves those settings. Then when you quickly turn it off and on again the 2nd time, it tries to implement those settings. that's my best guess......

Oct 15, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #13,749 of 13,800
I know this is not the right place for classifieds, but does anyone know where LHLabs stuff can still be sold? is lhlabs still a name on the Asian Market?
I still got new LHLabs In Ears and a sps4, but I don#t want to pay customs for importing it to Europe when I can#t sell it afterwards.

thx

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #13,750 of 13,800
I know this is not the right place for classifieds, but does anyone know where LHLabs stuff can still be sold? is lhlabs still a name on the Asian Market?
I still got new LHLabs In Ears and a sps4, but I don#t want to pay customs for importing it to Europe when I can#t sell it afterwards.

thx

If you ever find out let me know. I'd love to offload my LH gear but their name is crap here

Oct 19, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #13,751 of 13,800
If you ever find out let me know. I'd love to offload my LH gear but their name is crap here
Don't pawn off your LH Labs crap to anyone. That's just passing eventual problems to a purchaser. If they (LH) had remained in business and delivered on their promises, then their gear might be worth selling, if you no longer use it.

Oct 19, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #13,752 of 13,800
Don't pawn off your LH Labs crap to anyone. That's just passing eventual problems to a purchaser. If they (LH) had remained in business and delivered on their promises, then their gear might be worth selling, if you no longer use it.

Not everything they touched was crap. Not looking to pawn off anything. They did deliver on the Oscar XXI's, Stella's and Mera's. So it should be worth reselling.

Oct 20, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #13,753 of 13,800
Not everything they touched was crap. Not looking to pawn off anything. They did deliver on the Oscar XXI's, Stella's and Mera's. So it should be worth reselling.

I doubt anyone would take any of their products seriously these days. Regardless of what you think of them, they way they treated us is atrocious and many of us would prefer to never hear them mentioned again.

Oct 20, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #13,754 of 13,800
I doubt anyone would take any of their products seriously these days. Regardless of what you think of them, they way they treated us is atrocious and many of us would prefer to never hear them mentioned again.

As I said their name is crap and well deserved, I've been here from the beginning I'm well aware of all that went down. Doesn't change the fact that they did make some very good gear. Hence why it was and is a shame that it all had to happen.

Oct 20, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #13,755 of 13,800

thx
You can sell it anywhere online where audio gear is sold. Someone either will want it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back