Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 9, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #13,726 of 13,800
Hi everyone I wanted to know is this separate power supply compatible with the dac light harmonic geek pulse please?

and if so take which model which voltage?

https://www.univers-hightech.com/al...p#/130-tensions_de_sortie-9v_12v_8a_usb_5v_1a
That DAC requires 12 volts DC, however it only draws 650-950ma of current depending on the sample rate being played. So a 1 amp PSU will actually work, and a 2 amp PSU would provide a very safe margin for continuous operation.

The Keces P8 is huge overkill in that regard, it can deliver 8 amps of current, you don't need such a high current PSU for that DAC.

May 11, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #13,727 of 13,800
Hi everyone I wanted to know is this separate power supply compatible with the dac light harmonic geek pulse please?

and if so take which model which voltage?

https://www.univers-hightech.com/al...p#/130-tensions_de_sortie-9v_12v_8a_usb_5v_1a
Keces power supplies are well made, as long as you choose 12 v at least 2 A you should be covered. I would pick multiple voltage outputs, that would be useful if you add new equipments with different voltages in the future.

May 12, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #13,728 of 13,800
Hi I just received the keces p8, the difference is just huge, the sound seems much more tangible the accuracy is just amazing

and the most unexpected I am on monitoring speakers, the sound seemed tiring and analytical

this is literally the opposite I am shocked, the geek pulse lps power supply gave me a lot, but it is very far from the keces p8

it's crazy how just a power supply can transform a system, sorry for my english but i am french

May 12, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #13,729 of 13,800
Hello! Nice to hear that its working.

Tiring since its more tangible and "accurate" as you say. Please give more time to let your ears adapt to the new sound.

May 12, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #13,730 of 13,800
yep it's really cool especially since in hifi the changes are of the order of a few % or even almost not at all sometimes, but with the power supplies I often find the evolution more obvious, it's a pleasure

I may have expressed myself badly

I said that on the contrary the sound is not at all tiring with the keces p8 unlike before, it is much softer and less analytical

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #13,732 of 13,800
Don't know where to post this but...

I decided to buy and send to my teenage niece a Coach shoulder bag. She was very happy obviously, first serious bag for her.

Along with the bag, I sent my LH Stella w/c just picking dust..."Hey sending my earphones that's just picking up dust!" I say...

Today she received the package and saw the box...

Niece: "Hmmm what is this.? Why it is boxed and presented nicely?...Let me check what it is in the internet!" (followed Amazon link)...Saw the price and her jaw dropped...Whoa! :grin: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #13,735 of 13,800
Wish I'd at least gotten a Stella....

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #13,736 of 13,800
Infinity with LPS and XFI both working and used almost daily... XFI less so. I'm running mine through a THX789 to power HE560s.

Satisfied...for now. Headphones will be my next upgrade assuming both DACs keep working.

Jun 26, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #13,738 of 13,800
XFI and Infinity each powered by an LPS.

XFI usb input from my desktop PC setup with JRiver.

Infinity usb in from JRiver on a laptop, out to my main setup, XLR to W4S preamp and amps. Also feeding CD transport digital coax to the Dac.

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #13,739 of 13,800
Infinity still works as well for me. The Source SE is a POS though, won't reconoize the Infinity at all and is mostly useless. Been a dust collector since I got it.

Should of exchanged that when I had the chance. The Stella and Oscar are the only good things they ever made even if the Stella looks like cheap crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back