Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 17, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #13,141 of 13,800
you mean these boards?

posted by LH Labs Apr 4, 2017 • 2:37AM
over 1 year ago
Dear Pulse Backers,

Two good updates here. And we are very happy to share that with you.

(1) The remaining Infinity version of Pulse DAC PCB Assembly is almost done. Sorry that it is 2 weeks late than our original schedule. But we are seeing it coming soon. And we will start the full speed test

(2) All chassis and other components are the double check in house. So after PCBA, we will assemble the chassis and rest of the stuff.

(3) We really appreciate your patience. So all the new ship out units will include the latest ZERO acoustic noise capacitors on headphone analog output stage. Also we include the enhance precision MELF resistors in analog path too which definitely will make your Infinity better.

(4) We continue the best effort to make your Pulse DAC sound even better. After we complete the firmware update for Vi DAC. We expect to have the newer version of firmware on May. Which include the new algorithm for digital filter/modes (we call it version 2.0)

Final words, if you haven't updated your shipping address. Please do so in next two weeks and till now we still have around 1% of "wrong shipping address" especially on international ship outs. We truly hope we could let the long waiting backers get the units without any unnecessary delays.

We commit to continue support all Pulse DAC units to make it sound at its best!

Thank you

Or these boards

Pulse Update Status - 11/23/2017
Modified on: Thu, 23 Nov, 2017 at 3:41 AM

1. We have the factory who is building Da Vinci boards working on the Pulse boards. The same quality Da Vinci owners are used to will come directly installed in your Pulse.

2. The orders have been sent to the factory. We are just waiting on the production schedule to open up. We have the components all gathered and ready to go at the factory. They will begin production right after after the Da Vinci boards are done (which are next in line).

3. Literally everything else involved in the chassis/packaging/shipping/etc. is ready to go. There are no expected delays. We just need the boards.

We'll update more when it's available. Gobble gobble!

which turned into:

Pulse Production Update 2/10/18
Modified on: Sat, 10 Feb, 2018 at 4:16 AM

We expect the Pulse boards to begin production the third week of February. We will run a batch of 50. The lead time for the factory building the boards is 15 days. Shipping is about 5 days to Roseville. Once we receive them back from the factory, we approximate 30 days to build, and then we will begin shipping. So recap:

Mfg: Da Vinci board factory

Production: 3rd week February

Run #: 50

Run time: 15 days

Shipping to LH: 5 days

Build time: 30 days (approximately)

We will make an announcement when we actually start production. We'll continue building the Pulses until everyone has their units. We have delivered about 94%. We have about 130 (approximately) left to deliver. After this initial run of 50, we'll build, ship, regroup and double check our order numbers and make preparations to start the next batch. We'll update you when we have more information over the second batch starting. We have no exact dates or timelines on the time between runs at this point.

We've had a lot of questions over why the production was stopped, and the quality control. Here is the answer:

We had a problem with the previous PCB manufacturer we used in the States. The soldering was a main issue for a lot of the boards; it would fail. So we stopped using that manufacturer.

The new manufacturer is the Da Vinci PCB factory (our flagship DAC) so the quality control on the board work will be much tighter and better. The previous issues we had with boards and firmware are fully expected to be fixed on these next runs.

When we have more information, we'll update everyone again!

Jarek

But Don't worry we will be kept informed
posted by LH Labs Sep 10, 2017 • 12:41AM
11 months ago
Hi everyone,

I'm Jarek and I'm the newest member of the Customer Service / Communication team. I have 10 years of Customer Service oriented background, and I'm eager to help out here.

I'm an LH Labs fan and I've got several of their Geek Out products. Larry asked for someone who was well versed in communication and so I volunteered my time and he excitedly accepted. I do live in the midwest and so I'll be helping out remotely in CST. I'm here to help you guys and grease the flow of communication.

I'm well aware of the issues facing the communication aspect between LH and the community. I'm also aware of the Customer Service issues the community has spoken up about. I've addressed at length with Larry the situation, and I'm hopeful we can build ways to help restore confidence in this company and help bring a sense of relief and confidence to the community.

We are exploring options to provide better channels of customer communication. We're also looking to revamp our activity and participation on our Facebook and the LH Forums. I am fully aware that efforts in the past to direct communication to these avenues have not been met with very much success. We hope to change that immediately, and we hope you give us the opportunity to show we're serious. We are going to actively monitor (and respond!) to our Facebook page and our forum. Hopefully in the future we can speak to you guys in other, more immediate ways as well!

Larry and I are going to work extremely hard on timely, accurate updates. We realize how important they are and that you placed your trust in us to deliver a product. You deserve to know what is happening with your money. We hope to be timely and are looking at simplifying the updates as well instead of doing targeted emails (we understand the complaints). Our goal for each is below:

Geek Wave: Bi-weekly (Sundays)

Geek Pulse: Monthly (date tbd)

Vi Dac: Monthly (date tbd)

Geek Source: Monthly (date tbd)

Pulse Analog: Monthly (date tbd)

Please note: there are some theories floating around that the new monthly updates coming from LH Labs are only due to new IGG rules. This isn't true – this was in the works right after I came on board, before the new IGG rules were unveiled. As long as I was employed, this was going to happen regardless. We are actively working on making this project better because we want to and it's what the backers deserve and are demanding. Obviously, we also welcome the new IGG rules for us and all campaigns on the platform. (next post)

" ng-if="truncated">
Hi everyone,

I'm Jarek and I'm the newest member of the Customer Service / Communication team. I have 10 years of Customer Service oriented background, and I'm eager to help out here.

I'm an LH Labs fan and I've got several of their Geek Out products. Larry asked for someone who was well versed in communication and so I volunteered my time and he excitedly accepted. I do live in the midwest and so I'll be helping out remotely in CST. I'm here to help you guys and grease the flow of communication.

I'm well aware of the issues facing the communication aspect between LH and the community. I'm also aware of the Customer Service issues the community has spoken up about. I've addressed at length with Larry the situation, and I'm hopeful we can build ways to help restore confidence in this company and help bring a sense of relief and confidence to the community.

We are exploring options to provide better channels of customer communication. We're also looking to revamp our activity and participation on our Facebook and the LH Forums. I am fully aware that efforts in the past to direct communication to these avenues have not been met with very much success. We hope to change that immediately, and we hope you give us the opportunity to show we're serious. We are going to actively monitor (and respond!) to our Facebook page and our forum. Hopefully in the future we can speak to you guys in other, more immediate ways as well!

Larry and I are going to work extremely hard on timely, accurate updates. We realize how important they are and that you placed your trust in us to deliver a product. You deserve to know what is happening with your money. We hope to be timely and are looking at simplifying the updates as well instead of doing targeted emails (we understand the complaints). Our goal for each is below:

Geek Wave: Bi-weekly (Sundays)

Geek Pulse: Monthly (date tbd)

Vi Dac: Monthly (date tbd)

Geek Source: Monthly (date tbd)

Pulse Analog: Monthly (date tbd)

Please note: there are some theories floating around that the new monthly updates coming from LH Labs are only due to new IGG rules. This isn't true – this was in the works right after I came on board, before the new IGG rules were unveiled. As long as I was employed, this was going to happen regardless. We are actively working on making this project better because we want to and it's what the backers deserve and are demanding. Obviously, we also welcome the new IGG rules for us and all campaigns on the platform. (next post)

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #13,147 of 13,800
Hi All,

Does anyone here have a LPS4? I'm trying to confirm that jumper / pin configuration needed to convert the LPS4 from 110-130v to 220-240v. Note that the PCB board design changed around April 2015. I have attached some photos of my LPS4 for reference.

Thanks
Jeff.

20180822_191919.jpg

20180822_192800.jpg 20180822_192848.jpg 20180825_134754.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #13,149 of 13,800
A couple of years I would guess since no one on the other forums reported getting their gear like Wave,Source and let's not forget the amp stuff. Most likely they put their remaining eggs in the regen stuff which went belly up soon after and their source pro or whatever it was.

Aug 28, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #13,150 of 13,800
Hi All,

Does anyone here have a LPS4? I'm trying to confirm that jumper / pin configuration needed to convert the LPS4 from 110-130v to 220-240v. Note that the PCB board design changed around April 2015. I have attached some photos of my LPS4 for reference.

Thanks
Jeff.

There was a video but could not find it anymore.

This was a snapshot from the old forum.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #13,152 of 13,800
(also posted in LHL Wave thread)
Food for thought...

Well, I finally googled this.
This would be a reason to continue saying something is available in 4-6 weeks and repeating that...
(I'm not a lawyer and am not aware of prior litigation in the crowdfunding space)

California Contract Law Statute of Limitations
by Grygor Scott
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/california-contract-law-statute-limitations-15480.html

California law requires a plaintiff to file a lawsuit arising from a contract within a certain period after a defendant's alleged breach of contract or other occurrence that establishes the basis of the plaintiff's lawsuit. One defense available to defendants in a contract case is to show that the statute of limitations has expired, which bars the plaintiff from filing the lawsuit. California statutes specify the statute of limitations periods for contract-related lawsuits.

Statute of Limitations
Nolo's Plain-English Law Dictionary defines a statute of limitations as the "legally prescribed time limit in which a lawsuit must be filed." Legislatures establish time limits for initiating lawsuits primarily because evidence becomes less trustworthy as time passes. California attorney Ralph Warner observes, "memories fade, witnesses die or move away, and once clear details become blurred." California and other states have a public interest in ensuring fair trials, and a statute of limitations for contract lawsuits supports that goal.

Oral Contracts
Section 339 of California's Code of Civil Procedure establishes a two-year statute of limitations for oral contracts. It requires a plaintiff to file a lawsuit within two years of the alleged breach, or similar event, of an oral contract. California courts will enforce an oral contract unless a statute requires it to be a written contract. For example, Section 7159 of California's Business & Professional Code requires home-improvement contracts between an owner and a contractor to be in writing. Proving the terms of an oral contract at trial, however, typically requires witnesses or other compelling evidence.

Written Contracts
Section 337 of California's Code of Civil Procedure establishes a four-year statute of limitations for most written contracts. It requires a plaintiff to file a lawsuit within four years of the alleged breach, or similar event, of a written contract. This section, however, specifies that a two-year statute of limitations applies to certain written contracts involving real-estate titles and title insurance.

Tolling
Even if the California statute of limitations appears to have expired, certain circumstances suspend, or toll, it for a period. If one of the parties has been in prison, Section 352.1 California's Code of Civil Procedure suspends the statute of limitations up to two years. California law also suspends the statute of limitations if a party leaves the state or is a minor. Courts will also suspend the statute of limitations in rare circumstances if suspension is required to ensure justice in the case.

Contracts Stipulating a Statute of Limitations
California courts allow contracting parties to include a term in the contract that shortens the state's statutory statute of limitations period. California attorneys Allyssa J. Holcomb and Henry R. Stiepel assert, "any provision shortening a statute of limitations ... is valid if it is reasonable---i.e., the shortened period still provides sufficient time to effectively pursue a judicial remedy."

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #13,155 of 13,800
oooo, so when did the campaigns end? What is T time?
I'm not sure.
I would love to see a linear timeline for each product.
I'm sure LH Labs knows very well.
However, as noted above:
(bold added)
"Even if the California statute of limitations appears to have expired, certain circumstances suspend, or toll, it for a period...Courts will also suspend the statute of limitations in rare circumstances if suspension is required to ensure justice in the case."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back