Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 17, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #12,482 of 13,800
A year and a half ago there were about 200 outstanding deliveries. I am not sure that they have shipped any in that time. If so, I would guess less than half that 200 still waiting. It beats the heck out of me that they could deliver ~2000 over about a year, then almost none of the last 200 in a year and a half.

It's a near certainly that you are not getting your money back. You may eventually receive the products that you backed, but will it be this year, next year or 2019 (if LH Labs is still in business by then).

I suggest that you submit a support ticket as they were telling people to do for years. Maybe add a reply every week, keeping count until you get a response. I think that responses to the ticket bumps it on their list, and that is why I suggested that.

J.P.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #12,483 of 13,800
Thanks J.P.

I've submitted 2 tickets this month, neither answered.

Pulse Infinity has been off their product line for a while now, along with various other products, which shows LH Labs are in strife. Paying out their original backers would be the most expeditious solution, but they are obviously suffering serious cashflow problems. For their own credibility, they must either do this or fulfil their final batch of orders. However, their reputation has already been severely damaged by this fiasco.

G.S.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #12,484 of 13,800
I agree that they appear to be operating on a shoestring budget. Living week to week, month to month sucks. It also makes it difficult to buy parts and pay for production. They have been selling a few products (Geek Out, a few cables and Tesla speaker upgrades). I guess that these pay for themselves and part of product development. They need another high volume and/or high profit product on the market. I am guessing that they think this is the Wave. I don't know how well the Source will sell, but I suspect that it is also a high profit product. Once these are selling (and shipping to indiegogo backers) perhaps they can pay for the last batch of Pulses. I don't know where the Pulses will go after that because they seem to be a slow moving product these days. If they could have delivered all backers, I still don't know where it could have gone in the market at their initial pricing. The current Amazon price seems closer to reality, though possibly a bit low.

In spite of them driving their own reputation deep into the cesspool, I do wish them well in the long term. If they can fix their management problems, their products sound plenty good enough to be competitive in the market - given reasonable pricing.

I do have high hopes for all Pulse and Vi DAC backers receiving their products. Same for Wave and Source backers such as myself and thousands of others. My confidence is beginning to wane, but the hope is still there. Larry has too much money and self invested to let LH Labs go down without a fight.

J.P.

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #12,486 of 13,800
Are any Mac users having these problems too? I have an Infinity v2 and it's always been easy to connect to my MacBook Air. The DAC should be designed to work with both Windows and OSx but I wonder if the Windows OS is giving the Pulse the finger.

Hi oneguy,
For almost a year I cannot use my pulse infinity on my macbook pro: as soon as I start playing a track the pulse disconnects from the output list...
is it due to the os change to Sierra? I am looking for help, tickets are never answered...

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #12,487 of 13,800
I also own a pause infinity. Mine had the same problem. I called them and wrote them and ultimately sent an email to Mr Fish that it was on the way back. I gave him the tracking information on UPS as well. What I learned was the problem stemmed from a defective relay. They fixed the relay and sent the DAC back to me. It has worked perfectly ever since. I had to go well above every one's head to get this done but persistence pays off.

I am also short a source which the messages tells me is in the que for shipping. That has been for six months now. The product exists as it has continually been shown at hifi shows to rave reviews. Now the only thing left is to release it.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #12,488 of 13,800
Hi oneguy,
For almost a year I cannot use my pulse infinity on my macbook pro: as soon as I start playing a track the pulse disconnects from the output list...
is it due to the os change to Sierra? I am looking for help, tickets are never answered...

I am running JRMC on a Mac Mini with Sierra 10.12.6 on it and have no playback issues at all with my Pulse Xfi. I am not sure if there is much of a difference between the Infinity and Xfi firmwares.

What playback software are you using? Are you able to configure the software for exclusive access to the Pulse? If so, do you?

EDIT: I just saw your post from earlier in the week stating you are using JRMC22, and that there is a firmware update available for your Pulse.

Definitely update the firmware if possible as that should fix your issue.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #12,489 of 13,800
Hi oneguy,

I've always updated my OS when the new one became available so it's hard for me to say at this point if Sierra is the culprit. I haven't connected my laptop to my Infinity in about two weeks since my laptop is on permanent server duty and I have microRendu coming for the Pulse. I have used my iPhone as a source and streamed content via JRiver and it's been successful almost all of the time.

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #12,491 of 13,800
My Infinity v2.0 will have been sitting at LH Labs 4 weeks on Monday. They responded quickly when I first contacted them but have gone dark after shipping it to them as they told me to do.

At least you got a reply. my ticket is 2 weeks in and I got no response so far. =___=

Aug 26, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #12,492 of 13,800
Unfortunately, two weeks is nothing unusual these days. About the only way to get a quick response is to offer to give them money. Need an upgrade on an existing order? you will probably get a response in only a week.

J.P.

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #12,493 of 13,800
Unfortunately, two weeks is nothing unusual these days.

Unfortunately two weeks was nothing unusual not just these days, but pretty much always.

I sent an LPS-4 for a warranty authorized modification way back in 2015 and it took 35+ days to get any response/status and fully 6 weeks (including shipping time coast to coast and back) for a resolution.

After many promises of addressing the issue over time I'd like to think LH Labs would have improved their service performance by now, but sadly I won't be surprised if it is worse than ever.

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #12,494 of 13,800
Is there anyone else out there who has not received their Pulse Infinity and LPS?
I'm really angry about this.
Theft - that's what it's called.
I want my money back from LH Labs and will not rest until I have it.

I have been impatiently waiting for years as well.... i write to them about once every couple months but havnt gotten a reply in about a year... a freaking year....

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #12,495 of 13,800
Let’s face it. The company has been dead for a couple of years now: They just haven’t closed the doors yet.

At least Larry is still there bellowing at the worker OmmpaLoompas who are, by now, cowering in the corner trying to avert their eyes and waiting for a path to the exit to clear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back