Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Sep 1, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #12,512 of 13,800
Well, Larry is fairly wealthy guy so hopefully he is an ethical man.

Sep 1, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #12,513 of 13,800
That is going a bit too far. Obviously some bad decisions have been made. I think many made by the hyper sales puke Gavin. Lots of people and companies make bad decisions, but accusing the principals of mental defects is not usually warranted.

I also think that Larry is reporting what he believes and hopes will happen.
I also believe that he has a great mind for circuit design and audio in general.
He obviously has placed his trust in some of the wrong people. So perhaps he should not be in charge of running the company. That does not indicate that he has some kind of mental disorder. It is more of a competency problem. An example perhaps of the "peter principal" perhaps.

Personally, I hope that they can survive to meet their commitments. Part of that is selfish, part concern for all of the others that have their money invested.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #12,514 of 13,800
Yes, but lets not forget that whilst it MAY be that “Larry is reporting what he believes and hopes will happen”, he is doing so knowing full well what hasn’t transpired (delivering paid for items etc.) in the past and he knows what is not happening at the moment. In NOT allowing this past and the present to factor into his assessment of the future, Larry is either being a) dishonest or b) irresponsibly delusional.
Does it matter if someone is a great engineer when they are also the CEO of a company which is failing to deliver items? I paint GREAT pictures in my head, but my hands can’t bring that to paper; I therefore don’t paint or call myself a painter, nor will I try to sell you a future painting - if I did, I wouldn’t be blaming the easel and brushes for the crappy results. I’ve been an apologist for Larry. That time is long gone.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #12,515 of 13,800
I guess you don't have mental issues.. or.. maybe making oneself out to have a doctor in psychology does qualify... unless you are ???
If not that does not make you a definer of those characteristics.
I don't find him guiltless by any measure. I still think your post was out of line.
I also think that hoping that he fails...just because YOU think it is just, is very, very selfish.

BTW, if you check my post history here and on the LHL sites, you will know that I am anything but a defender... They banned me over there more than once.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #12,517 of 13,800
I DO have mental issues. However, as I am not holding any of your money, this is none of your concern.
However, your implicit point that people with a mental illness cannot assess or discuss other people’s mental health was well made.
As to “hoping he fails” where the Heck did you get that from?? Read the message again. The failure has already occurred. I hope he “winds the company down” not “so he fails” (good grief!), but rather so that he doesn’t lure new people into this Ponzi scheme - so that the current failure doesn’t become a bigger failure.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #12,518 of 13,800
I happen to be hoping that he succeeds. Claiming that he has already failed either has unstated constraints on the definition of 'failed' or is an exaggeration of the current conditions. He has not yet failed, not until LH Labs officially ceases operation. Until then, there remains the possibility of delivering everything that has been purchased through the market, and everything that has been backed in their far too numerous and rambling crowd funding campaigns.

As Mandrake suggests, hoping that he fails is telling everyone who has given them money and not yet received product a big FU. This point amongst others is a reason that I hope that Larry and LH Labs ultimately succeed. That and the selfish little point that I am awaiting delivery of a Source and two Waves.

There is no doubt that the company has been spectacularly mismanaged. It is being run by an engineer, who should find a truly competent manager to run the company while Larry does what he does best - designing audio equipment. Right now, I consider that to be highly unlikely, as they appear to be operating on a shoestring budget while trying to finish and start producing a couple of products that may (hopefully will) pull them out of the hole that they appear to be in. I don't see Larry giving up any time soon, as he has too much money and his own psyche invested in LH Labs and its products. I anticipate that he will keep pushing until recovery, or he is pushing bankruptcy himself.

J.P.

Sep 2, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #12,519 of 13,800
Amen to the above-got lots of moolah invested, really hoping to get SOME product out of it, don't want to see failure. It ain't over until LH Labs folds.

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #12,521 of 13,800
I dropped Larry an email directly and just asked directly. He had engages in emails with me earlier in the repair of my Infinity. If I hear anything I will post.

I tried that when he first emailed us with the Source SE. First response was quick, now it's back to the normal non-communication. Going on 3 weeks without a response now.
Only going on 6 weeks on a 2 week delay for the Source SE. Only response I want or trust is the shipping notice. Everything else is meaningless.

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #12,522 of 13,800
I honestly think all those perks were probably dream up by his marketing team rather than Larry. Of course, as a engineer/designer he should have known his limits. I thought it was very unethical when they kept coming up with more products when they can't even fufil initial orders in the first place.

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #12,523 of 13,800
I think he probably was swept along with the Gavin Hype and seeing all of that money rolling in. It took awhile for reality to set in. The money is now gone and they have a big problem delivering anything.
Such a shame. For the investors primarily, but also for what may have been a real player in the market, LHL.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #12,524 of 13,800
Regardless of who you hold responsible, Larry has to own this. He dodges updates for months at a time (5 since last update on the campaign site) and doesn't respond to questions on his own forums. When he does provide an update, it is inevitably horribly vague and worthless in terms of providing a reliable estimate of when the remaining Pulse units will ship. It took Gavin (as an ex-employee) to actually post an explanation of what has gone on - we've never had such communication from Larry.

Sep 9, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #12,525 of 13,800
Case in point.... the update that just dropped including gems such as...
"We are not moving fast for the past few months, honestly".
No mention of what's actually happening - no mention of when items are likely to ship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back