Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jul 8, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #12,451 of 13,800
I have the cheaper version and bought it used so I wouldn't really mind if it died on me - as long as it don't bring my Grados with it.

Everytime I turn it on There's that loud popping noise which I have to unplug the headphones for (i guess)...

I also use it with gain set on the PC. Would this strain it less or does it actually push it harder than it would if I were to set the volume on the device?

The manual has explicit warnings in it to unplug any headphones, or turn off any amps/preamps prior to powering on/off to mitigate damage to other equipment, so it is definitely a good habit to get into.

To my knowledge having the Volume Setting setup one way or the other does not cause the Pulse any undue strain, it just uses different logic for processing.

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #12,454 of 13,800
FWIW - I just got a response to a support ticket. Submitted 17 days ago and got no response, reached out again this morning and got a response this afternoon. Assume they are just understaffed/overwhelmed.

Just checking to make sure I am at the right place to pray for support, did you contact them through ( https://support.lhlabs.com/support/home ) ?

Jul 13, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #12,456 of 13,800
I've had a ticket open for 8 months waiting for a refund.. multiple open tickets reminding them over the months but they just say they'll check, then no follow up and the ticket auto closes :frowning2:

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #12,458 of 13,800
I had my infinity sent back almost three months ago for adding Mu shield and fixing the drop-out problem. They added the shield and allegedly replaced two resistors. They said they kept the unit playing for few days and it was working flawlessly. I received the infinity a week later. The communication with Kevin was pretty good and fast.
However, they also promised me my shipping reimbursement after I got my infinity back but it never happened, I emailed them/opening a ticket and no response. The infinity also started to have the drop-out problem again a week ago.

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #12,459 of 13,800
My Infinity v2.0 died. It was not connecting with the laptop. Laptop indicated it saw the Infinity but the driver was not available. Rebooted everything once, no change. The second try the Infinity did not come back up. It was dark and not registering with the laptop. LPS4 seems to be working fine.

Dropped an email to them so we will see what I hear if anything?

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #12,461 of 13,800
My Infinity v2.0 died. It was not connecting with the laptop. Laptop indicated it saw the Infinity but the driver was not available. Rebooted everything once, no change. The second try the Infinity did not come back up. It was dark and not registering with the laptop. LPS4 seems to be working fine.

Dropped an email to them so we will see what I hear if anything?
I call dibs on your LPS4!

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #12,462 of 13,800
Good to see this is still a dumpster fire. My ticket just got closed after four plus month's of inactivity. Literally just asked to make sure I was still on a list for my xfi, being that the site doesn't have me listed with any open orders.

So time for anothet ticket, maybe they'll actually respond this time.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #12,463 of 13,800
I get signal dropouts while playing audio that isn't through hog-mode (e.g. YouTube, VLC media player, etc.). Does anyone know why this happens? At one point I contacted customer support about it and they sent me an earlier firmware version (when SSM filter wasn't completed) to see if it would fix the issue and it didn't. I have to turn the Pulse X Infinity on/off and it's really annoying.

I still love its sound though. It really pairs well with the SRS-2170, and having balanced outputs is really nice for flexibility.
DSC_9918-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back