Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #1,006 of 13,800
Awesome. Any of those will do

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,007 of 13,800
DA VINCI V

Am I the only one that thinks the usb ports on the LPS on the front is a bad idea? I mean I'm just imagining the wire sticking out and bending backwards to plug into the behind of the Pulse .... 

Edit: Forgot to mention that the this Da Vinci V model looks incredible :D

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #1,008 of 13,800
  Am I the only one that thinks the usb ports on the LPS on the front is a bad idea? I mean I'm just imagining the wire sticking out and bending backwards to plug into the behind of the Pulse .... 

Edit: Forgot to mention that the this Da Vinci V model looks incredible :D

The USB ports are being moved to the back of the LPS. Source: Geek Temple

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,012 of 13,800
Gives a really good feeling that things are moving! I like the plain metal on the great photo-mock-ups! All metal looks great! Spend my money on parts instead of color!

I vote as well for a separate input-push-button on front. Anyway I personally turn down the volume when i switch input, but "mute" or something like it would make more sense on the volume-push-knob for me. I am skeptical about the idea of double use the volume as an input switcher too. For me those are two separate things. A highly integrated interface is maybe on the long run a bit too much to learn.

Somebody some information where the decent on/off-switch and the gain-adjust for the headphones is?

How about two more leds on the front that lid up when "bypass" is active or mute is set - would make it 10 for the volume - to give some lowest/highest-bit-crunch feeling!

Would be nice to have more of the geekforce-stuff with read-rights to everybody.

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,013 of 13,800

Mmm this one. I like it alot. There is something about this retro-hitech 1990 design.
The other silver one was good aswell.

Lets just hope LH do not put the Geek logo on the final design, that one I do not like 
confused_face.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,014 of 13,800
The USB ports are being moved to the back of the LPS. Source: Geek Temple

Forgot about that one.

Back in the Geek Force forum. They were talking about LEDs around the volume knob as Volume indicators.

Here is one design by Vitto.

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,015 of 13,800
I like that black design by vitto a lot.  I like how nothing is vertically stacked on it.  I think that will make it easier to mount all the leds to the PCB won't it?  When they are veritcally stacked, usually they have to run a wire to the led.  The pro input source button committee seems to have given up, looks like we're getting a push-in volume knob to change source.  oh well I guess if it's implemented well it might be ok

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #1,018 of 13,800
Looks really good, even I would like it more in plain metal (aluminum?).
All money on good parts - that is my vote!
Am I the only one who might get confused in 2 or 3 years to remember if double-click or single-click on the volume-button was input-switching or 3D? I am sure we will all know when we get the device, but seriously this is too clean to understand!
1+ for a separate input-source-select button! Come on, this means 1 pushbutton more on the pcb for less confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back