Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #9,601 of 13,800
  I think its a pretty darn good price. However, it would make me rest easier as a buyer if you've tested it to make sure it is working properly. Not that I'm a prospective buyer, just thinking that there have been some units that don't work, and that makes a buyer uneasy. Just my 2 cents.

Ditto, particularly because the warranty isn't transferrable.  If you tested it and it didn't work, you could return it under warranty for fixing.  If the buyer has an issue, they won't be able to.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #9,602 of 13,800
Is native DSD supposed to work in a vanilla Pulse using the Windows ASIO driver?
DoP works fine for me, but when I try native DSD all I get is horrible white noise which locks the Pulse until I reset it with a power cycle and/or switch input method.

My player is Roon and the native DSD setup there is pretty straightforward. Would appreciate any assistance. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #9,603 of 13,800
Nope, well not yet. When (and when) the DSD256 firmware update will be released, we could finally have Native DSD support,

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #9,605 of 13,800
They say they wille give it out to "beta" testers. And it was a month ago.  Larry broke the news that they (he) had it on its personal Pulse about half a year but was not that convinced. Unless they are "satisfied" with the result and will give it ago...Asked Larry if its is DoP or Native, He said it is NativeDSD.

Here was the update on the IGG:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DSD256 is on horizon, Geek Analog Suite Spin off 

Dear Backers,
  Several news here: 

First one, I’m glad to let you know. We got our internal version of Geek Pulse DAC firmware running at DSD256 (11.2M) sampling rate nicely. (on Windows platform with ASIO driver version 2.29) It is the QUAD rate DSD and currently the most advanced format for a lot of studio when they record the digital master sound file. 

Not only measure is great, the listening result is amazing too. DSD256 pushes the high frequency noise even higher to the 80K Hz zone. Smooth, Spacial and so real is the reaction I got from my guests. 

With Pulse DAC’s  Bessel's analog second order filter at 70KHz right after the DSD256 output. It sounds amazing.  Next week, we will send the new firmware to several Pulse Infinite DAC ‘beta’ testers, and let them feedback how does it sound. If everything good, we will put the public release version of Pulse DAC firmware on our web site for your to download. FREE.

And there are some DSD256 tape transfer available on HDTT too. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #9,606 of 13,800
My Infinity + LPS + 2G + 1G is silly good. Once I figured out how to use the 2G cable properly with the LPS, I could immediately hear the difference with and without the LPS. Blackest background I've ever heard (or not heard). 

Add an Uptone Regen in front of it and IME it will get incrementally even better! Cheers

Infinity plus 2g plus lps plus regen. How close or is better than ygg? Not sure if anyone has both configuration lol

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #9,607 of 13,800
Infinity plus 2g plus lps plus regen. How close or is better than ygg? Not sure if anyone has both configuration lol

I haven't listened to them side-by-side, but I own the Infinity/LPS/Regen and it rocks. I've listened to the Yggy/Rag stack a few times at the last two NA CanJams and while it was very good, I didn't love it. Different strokes for different folks, and I'm sure there are many people whose views are 180 out of phase of mine, and that's all good. 

Scary thing for me is just how flippin close the V2+ Infinity comes to my desktop LHL stack...

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #9,608 of 13,800
I'm sure it has improved in V2, but the V1 Geek Out Special Edition is really a great sounding DAC, sounds better than CEntrance M8 imo and some other usb dacs (though haven't compared it to higher priced spread). Used with Regen, MicroZOTL2, HEK, really great sounding system!

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #9,609 of 13,800

Scary thing for me is just how flippin close the V2+ Infinity comes to my desktop LHL stack...

My only consolation  that keeps my hopes on waiting for the Wave..... 

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #9,610 of 13,800
Same here, with the Femto clock and other improvements from GO V2, expecting a lot from my Wave...just not expecting it any time soon.

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #9,612 of 13,800
I hope good things come to those that wait
539a8b6bd2effa70c0b17c79778eb8f6.jpg

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #9,614 of 13,800
  I think its a pretty darn good price. However, it would make me rest easier as a buyer if you've tested it to make sure it is working properly. Not that I'm a prospective buyer, just thinking that there have been some units that don't work, and that makes a buyer uneasy. Just my 2 cents.

I'm more than wiling to do that if a serious prospective buyer would like and if I was in the market for one I would want the same. So if anyone lurking is interested let me know and I will hook it up and test it out :)

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #9,615 of 13,800
Have any international backers received their Pulse Infinity tracking info yet?  Opened a ticket about this last week and supposedly they're going out this week, but haven't received anything yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back