Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #9,632 of 13,800
Hi - how do you set up Your burn in routine for the infinity ?

Do You have to do the burn in continuously ?  I mean, do you ever turn it off or does one have to do the burn in process without interruption  ?

Thanks

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #9,634 of 13,800
Tbf ..they did ship mine before end September. Backed - December 2014.

These guys are a joke. I backed Jan2014 and there's no sign of any shipping. What the hell happened to shipping according to chronological order?!

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #9,636 of 13,800
According to the latest shipping document all Pulse x∞ have been shipped and 98% of Pulse SE have been shipped. I suspect that this document may contain errors.

I have yet to receive my Pulse X∞ or any shipping and tracking notification. Anybody else here awaiting shipping or delivery of a Pulse X∞?

It is also curious that I have seen no word of Pulse SE being received, much less performance reports. I would think that at least a few owners would be proud enough of their new toys to report here or elsewhere.

J.P.

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #9,637 of 13,800
I received mine (Pulse Vanilla). It's from the Hifiman campain, back in November 2014.
They send Paypal invoices for shipping - they don't contact you directly.

Received it last week and it's been running flawlessly. For the price, it's a bargain for sure. To put it simply: it's the sound of "clean". Sound-stage depth is lacking and overall it's 2 dimensional, but aside from that, it has no major flaws. It's a neat device with good sound. Considering getting an Infinity.

Didn't try with a LPSU yet.

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #9,638 of 13,800
According to the latest shipping document all Pulse x∞ have been shipped and 98% of Pulse SE have been shipped. I suspect that this document may contain errors.

I didn't received any notification yet. If they were indeed shipped, we'll get advance notification just like shipments of LPS4.  I also doubt this is correct.  Otherwise, Gavin would have already sent out a big email notifying everyone that everything was already shipped (with a new perk at the end of the message).

I backed Feb 2014.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #9,639 of 13,800

I didn't received any notification yet. If they were indeed shipped, we'll get advance notification just like shipments of LPS4.  I also doubt this is correct.  Otherwise, Gavin would have already sent out a big email notifying everyone that everything was already shipped (with a new perk at the end of the message).

I backed Feb 2014.

Check you inbox. You may have just received such an e-mail from Gavin! Too funny.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #9,640 of 13,800
  LOL yeah.  So basically the quicker they build it, the easier it is to maintain and the longer they will last?  Unfortunately that's not holding true for LHL products.  
2- What should be the settings here?
You can play around, but you should only change if you're experiencing dropouts.  
4- My SFi is connected to my tube amplifier via RCA, should I keep volume to -0.0db in this case?
Normally with line out that's how it works, to avoid the degradation of the signal by the digital volume.  But that's when you have a preamp.  Since you didn't mention that, I'm assuming your tube amp has a volume control.  But then the SFi has a remote right?  Depends on what you prefer.  
5- I am not using a power supply, I don't hear any hiss or noise at all when I listen to the SFi's amplifier, do I need an LPS?
I don't know.  Do you want the marketing speak answer or a truthful one?  But you never know.  Maybe you will hear a better sound.  But I say just enjoy your setup for now and upgrade later.
6- Can I use a remote with an Android?
Not that I know of.  It's not like my Oppo HA-1 which has iOS and Android apps to control it.  It's a nice to have, but I still use the remote since it's quicker usually.  

Thank you so much for the assistance.

What about the 1st question, do I need to upgrade considering my current version? If yes, what upgrade is available for SFi? Where to download it from

3rd question, what filter should I use for maximum SQ?

I am loving the DAC/Amp alone, when I add the tube amp in the mix, I feel that the sound quality is being blocked or something. Why is that? This made my buy new and top notch tubes for my tube amp.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #9,642 of 13,800
The running theory is non-US shipping addresses may have been slipped to later on the list. That may be why you haven't received it yet.

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #9,643 of 13,800

I have yet to receive my Pulse X∞ or any shipping and tracking notification. Anybody else here awaiting shipping or delivery of a Pulse X∞?

It is also curious that I have seen no word of Pulse SE being received, much less performance reports. I would think that at least a few owners would be proud enough of their new toys to report here or elsewhere.

J.P.

J.P., I'm still waiting and I don't know what those clowns are doing saying the infinities are 100% shipped. I'm going to open a ticket and demand an answer.

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #9,644 of 13,800
You have to see it from this side: your odyssey is almost over, my shipping-gate will last a bit longer :wink:

Marflao, I know where you're coming from and I truly feel sorry for the wait you have left. I really regret backing these guys in the first place. Even till this very moment they're completely BSing saying all infinities have shipped when clearly that is not true.

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #9,645 of 13,800
So I fired up my pulse and LPS up today to test them out before selling them.
Not sure I want to sell them now. It sounds really good especially with the LPS. It has  a very black backgound.

Here it is playing DSD over f2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back