Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 9, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #6,736 of 13,800
I believe that this is not true. As I remember, the infinities use a unique board that is based on the Pulse X(fi) board but is modified to suit the unique /n/t components. The evidence is on the label towards the upper left corner of the board in the picture. If you look closely at the bottom left area of the label, the board ID is PC-GPX-008 and just below that is the legend "[ ] X-INF [ ] S-INF", no doubt meant to be marked within the brackets to verify the build as an X or S version.

Now, since this board is also the first of the Pulse series to use the AQ2M DAC chip, it may well be the predecessor for the upcoming (we KNOW that they are coming even if they have not been announced or even mentioned) Pulse 2 or whatever they will be called, based on the new DAC chip. Probably not the exact same board as I speculate that they may add muting relays as they have already done with the Soul/Vi DAC.

More fun in LH Land... How long will this field beta batch run before full production and shipping begins?

Now the wait for the new chassis.

J.P.
wait pulse 2? It better not be announced before I get my x infinite.... That would be just cruel! They should wait a couple years!

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #6,737 of 13,800
wait pulse 2? It better not be announced before I get my x infinite.... That would be just cruel! They should wait a couple years!

The backers? They already did... 
ph34r.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #6,738 of 13,800
Apr 9, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #6,740 of 13,800

I will publish the test results for sure.

And of course that is a new board with different internal part numbers. 

For the people really don't want to wait. Just pick the original chassis... 

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #6,743 of 13,800
Hi Larry, actually in the new survey I don't see the way to choose old or new chassis.
Am I wrong?

Yes, you can choose.  Once you select the correct product you will be presented with the choice of old or new chassis when you are presented your perk for that campaign.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #6,745 of 13,800
No, when I use the survey I only see the possibility to choose pulse xfi with naked resistors and thd upgrade, but it doesn't call it infinity, nor there are the possibility to choose the case.
Maybe the problem is that my perk forma the pulse is a big thanks, because I'm an originale geek out backer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back