Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 8, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #6,721 of 13,800
For the survey, what's the difference between "Light Speed 1G Extender Cable" and "Light Speed 1G Note: previously called Slacker Cable."

I backed "$49USD LightSpeed Slacker 1G," which is neither "Slacker Cable" nor "Extender Cable."
I figured the "Extender Cable" is exactly the same as the "Slacker Cable;" the extending cable/slacker cable that goes with the Geek LPS.

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #6,722 of 13,800
Lightspeed 1G is like a USB printer cable, with a Type B termination on one end and a Male Type A termination on the other.

Light Speed 1G Extender Cable = Male Type A on one end and Female Type A on the other.

Hope this helps

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #6,724 of 13,800
Lightspeed 1G is like a USB printer cable, with a Type B termination on one end and a Male Type A termination on the other.

Light Speed 1G Extender Cable = Male Type A on one end and Female Type A on the other.

Hope this helps

Yeah I realise that. However it says
"Light Speed 1G Note: previously called Slacker Cable."

Is it the 1G, or the Slacker Cable/Extender Cable, and if it's the latter then why do they have a separate entry for the Extender Cable?

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #6,725 of 13,800
Yeah I realise that. However it says
"Light Speed 1G Note: previously called Slacker Cable."

Is it the 1G, or the Slacker Cable/Extender Cable, and if it's the latter then why do they have a separate entry for the Extender Cable?

MB - As I understand it there are actually three versions of the 1G:
1) Standard USB cable - one end Type A and one Type B. 
2) Micro USB - for connecting to the Wave or other things that use a micro USB connector
3) Extender USB - A short extender with one male and one female Type A connectors, to allow you to connect something like the Geek Out to a USB port. 

They've sold all three versions across the campaigns. If it just says "1G" I believe it refers to #1 above. 

Hope this helps! Cheers

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #6,728 of 13,800
Geek Pulse Infinity Shipping!

Yep, you read that correctly.  The first 20 Pulse Infinity units outfitted in the original Pulse chassis will begin shipping right away.  For those of you that had the opportunity to experience Pulse Infinity at CanJam SoCal, you know type of wicked awesomeness that awaits your ears!  Plainly put, these things are flippin' bananas!  

The first round of deliveries will be sent to US backers, for the time being.  Check those inboxes for shipping notifications, folks! 

HaKTvKqTwBruy_zVvrTxhPp4FWFdFhFf1Dgax78D_3-JMJvtzDIMWQJ8Af8Ead7pyET9m7lhuIfPiKO7p00DlYS1fsiXjE6fDS40vB4JK0V1r2wKyTtQSGw0QNlpvnfn5Z6_QlNfYqpxpz0QK2Tmvm8grqDDma9JR8jt7RZQ_ds=s0-d-e1-ft

_FIEXWF9TqogX6qgu2t9UpX3MXBrlQdv5uWrZSIL2xbXbzA4nhkmnUU7I5LGy1B0dIbb9a6nd8WZvyl2rGkhqoDKjjx_0JNivs9xGICbik43ST4U70auU1PUjUtpXvVQCVxcQygzRt8uQdaKlO7nZ_4OQ11SqBvKgFoUkfkprGE=s0-d-e1-ft

Isn't she a beauty! Oh and Larry too :wink: 

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #6,729 of 13,800
So apparently the geek pulse infinity's have been shipped out (20 of them anyways) and iirc, these came out way after the Sfi so I honestly cannot understand why they get priority over the sfi...

Pulse Xfi and Pulse X Infinity use the same PCB, so it makes sense that they're shipping before the S series. Pulse Sfi and Pulse S Infinity also use the same PCB and neither seems to be shipping at the moment.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #6,730 of 13,800
MB - As I understand it there are actually three versions of the 1G:
1) Standard USB cable - one end Type A and one Type B. 
2) Micro USB - for connecting to the Wave or other things that use a micro USB connector
3) Extender USB - A short extender with one male and one female Type A connectors, to allow you to connect something like the Geek Out to a USB port. 

They've sold all three versions across the campaigns. If it just says "1G" I believe it refers to #1 above. 

Hope this helps! Cheers

Right, but with Indiegogo's exact wording, I backed a "LightSpeed Slacker 1G."
LightSpeed Slacker 1G is exactly just a 1G cable design but with 1 male USB A connector and 1 female USB A connector that was meant to be used with the Geek LPS.

LightSpeed Slacker 1G ≠ LightSpeed 1G

While I have LightSpeed 1G Extender Cable on my survey, the terminology is still confusing as heck because the LightSpeed Slacker 1G was changed to "LightSpeed Extender 1G" and if you select the LightSpeed 1G cable from the drop-down menu in the survey "Note: previously called Slacker Cable" appears as one of the checkbox options, which suggests that it's exactly the same as selecting "LightSpeed Extender 1G."

I had to manually dig this up, which shouldn't have been necessary really...
http://lhlabs.com/force/customer-happiness-post-concerns/3540-resolved-difference-between-lightspeed-slacker-1g-and-1g-slacker-mini#56730
[quote="Casey]  The name of the perk has been changed from "LightSpeed Slacker 1G" to "LightSpeed Extender 1G"[/quote]

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #6,731 of 13,800
Pulse Xfi and Pulse X Infinity use the same PCB, so it makes sense that they're shipping before the S series. Pulse Sfi and Pulse S Infinity also use the same PCB and neither seems to be shipping at the moment.

I believe that this is not true. As I remember, the infinities use a unique board that is based on the Pulse X(fi) board but is modified to suit the unique /n/t components. The evidence is on the label towards the upper left corner of the board in the picture. If you look closely at the bottom left area of the label, the board ID is PC-GPX-008 and just below that is the legend "[ ] X-INF [ ] S-INF", no doubt meant to be marked within the brackets to verify the build as an X or S version.

Now, since this board is also the first of the Pulse series to use the AQ2M DAC chip, it may well be the predecessor for the upcoming (we KNOW that they are coming even if they have not been announced or even mentioned) Pulse 2 or whatever they will be called, based on the new DAC chip. Probably not the exact same board as I speculate that they may add muting relays as they have already done with the Soul/Vi DAC.

More fun in LH Land... How long will this field beta batch run before full production and shipping begins?

Now the wait for the new chassis.

J.P.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #6,733 of 13,800
The Pulse Infinity + LPS4 sounded really really good at CanJam. I gave up my reservations about the Sabre chip. It sounded very analog and smooth with no noise at all, just dead quiet. None of that nasty Sabre treble or edge I am used to hearing. That being said, I don't have enough money to ever consider one of these. I still preferred the Yggy and my own DAC at the end of the day. R2R for the win

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #6,734 of 13,800
The naked resistors have a different package than the regular resistors. While they could be assembled to the normal Pulse X board by hand, this would only be practical for very small quantities - like the 20 or 30 that they originally planned. Assembling 450 or so made it appropriate to design a board specifically to fit these parts. Even if the parts are hand matched and manually soldered onto the board, a custom board makes this task much easier.

I can tell that this board has the new AQ2M DAC chips because they are 32 pin parts (8 contacts per side) as opposed to the K2M which is a 28 pin part.

As I indicated before, another clue that this is an infinity specific board is the [ ] X-INF [ ] S-INF legend in the label area between the board ID (PC-GPX-008) and the serial number barcode.

J.P.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #6,735 of 13,800
Ah okay, here we go:
http://lhlabs.com/force/indiegogogeekpulse/3395-any-plans-to-integrate-the-ess-9018aq2m-dac-to-the-xfi-infinity?start=350#54988

[quote="Larry] Hi, there

I think few points need to be clarified here.

For Geek Pulse X Fi, the board has been ordered. And it is coming in... So we could not offer the upgrades.

For Geek Pulse X Infinite, the PCB is 99% the same like Geek Pulse X. But not complete the same, so we need to order it very soon. And we are waiting for the naked resistors to come in too. So there are three factors here: ESS new DAC, new PCB, and naked resistors.

Our production team's job is to work our best to match these three dates as close as possible. And that is the reason I said 'stay tuned.

Larry[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back