Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 3, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #6,076 of 13,800
   And the solution to this is: stop the perks and new campaigns, at least for a short period of time. Maybe just 2 weeks or so of focusing entirely on development, shipping and CS queries, and none on marketing and product creation

Well said, exactly!

But sadly I don't think they can stop the new campaigns. With their business model, they need the money from the new campaigns in order to continue funding the old campaigns. Because with all the lengthy delays, the original budgets set aside for the old campaigns would have been used up a long time ago.

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #6,077 of 13,800
LH Labs should just really send out a pre-labeled return box or inform you that they are paying for the shipment back, give you an RMA#, repair the unit, and tell everyone what the problem was and it was fixed.

There are just too many talks thrown but lacked action.

I did not see anything unpleasant at all in reporting your blown headphones.  Who lost here?  And there was no sense of urgency fix it?  Meantime, they were so busy preparing for 12 perks all those times?  Unbelievable.

Casey, you've been very nice but there is no excuse here.  Please do this guy a favor and get it done.

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #6,078 of 13,800
  With their business model, they need the money from the new campaigns in order to continue funding the old campaigns. Because with all the lengthy delays, the original budgets set aside for the old campaigns would have been used up a long time ago.

I think it would be relevant to draw a comparison here: 

Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the operator. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. Ponzi schemes occasionally begin as legitimate businesses, until the business fails to achieve the returns expected. The business becomes a Ponzi scheme if it then continues under fraudulent terms. Whatever the initial situation, the perpetuation of the high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to sustain the scheme.

Initially the promoter will pay out high returns to attract more investors, and to lure current investors into putting in additional money. Other investors begin to participate, leading to a cascade effect. The "return" to the initial investors is paid out of the investments of new entrants, and not out of profits.

Often the high returns encourage investors to leave their money in the scheme, with the result that the promoter does not have to pay out very much to investors; he simply has to send them statements showing how much they have earned. This maintains the deception that the scheme is an investment with high returns.

Promoters also try to minimize withdrawals by offering new plans to investors, often where money is frozen for a longer period of time, in exchange for higher returns. The promoter sees new cash flows as investors are told they cannot transfer money from the first plan to the second. If a few investors do wish to withdraw their money in accordance with the terms allowed, their requests are usually promptly processed, which gives the illusion to all other investors that the fund is solvent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Replace "returns" with "hardware".

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #6,079 of 13,800
Please see reassuring update from Larry Ho below. 

ALL PULSE INFINITY BACKERS:

If you have upgraded your Pulse Xfi to Pulse Infinity please confirm with LH Labs via a support ticket that they've noted your recent contributions, as this might not be done automatically, despite what we've been repeatedly assured by LH Labs.

Despite the following Indiegogo contributions...

22 December - $168 USD - Movin' On Up
23 December - $168 USD - THD Performance Upgrade Package
27 December - $129 USD - Peek Pulse Xfi Naked Resistors 
21 January    - $22   USD - 2015 ESS DAC 9018AQ2M Upgrade
09 February  -  $22  USD  - Pulse Infinity 2015 ESS DAC Upgrade

...this morning I received shipping confirmation for a Pulse Xfi. DOH! 

I haven't paid for an Pulse Xfi but a Pulse Infinity with Naked Resistors and the newly revised casework. To make matters worse I'm an international backer so face paying import duty/taxes on a unit that I don't want, and will have to pay expensive shipping to return. 

What happened to LH Labs assurance not to worry that our perks/contributions summary hadn't been updated as their support team was working to rectify this?!?

Of course I opened a support ticket the moment that the shipping email dropped into my inbox, but what the heck do I do now LH Labs?  
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #6,080 of 13,800
  ALL PULSE INFINITY BACKERS:

If you have upgraded your Pulse Xfi to Pulse Infinity please confirm with LH Labs via a support ticket that they've noted your recent contributions, as this might not be done automatically, despite what we've been repeatedly assured by LH Labs.

Despite the following Indiegogo contributions...

22 December - $168 USD - Movin' On Up
23 December - $168 USD - THD Performance Upgrade Package
27 December - $129 USD - Peek Pulse Xfi Naked Resistors 
21 January    - $22   USD - 2015 ESS DAC 9018AQ2M Upgrade
09 February  -  $22  USD  - Pulse Infinity 2015 ESS DAC Upgrade

...this morning I received shipping confirmation for a Pulse Xfi. DOH! 

I haven't paid for an Pulse Xfi but a Pulse Infinity with Naked Resistors and the newly revised casework. To make matters worse I'm an international backer so face paying import duty/taxes on a unit that I don't want, and will have to pay expensive shipping to return. 

What happened to LH Labs assurance not to worry that our perks/contributions summary hadn't been updated as their support team was working to rectify this?!?

Of course I opened a support ticket the moment that the shipping email dropped into my inbox, but what the heck do I do now LH Labs?  
confused_face_2.gif

Hi, there

Already forward your message to shipping team. I think they already use software to connect the upgrades to all backer's item. There might be one disconnection there. 

You will get your Geek Pulse Infinite, the records are all kept there. 

Thanks,
Larry

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #6,081 of 13,800
Thanks Larry!  
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Hi, there

Already forward your message to shipping team. I think they already use software to connect the upgrades to all backer's item. There might be one disconnection there. 

You will get your Geek Pulse Infinite, the records are all kept there. 

Thanks,
Larry

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #6,084 of 13,800
I'm also in the 2 DAC chip perk club :p. Once for infinity and once after my vi DAC upgrade. Its the secret r2r upgrade :wink:

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #6,085 of 13,800

I think it would be relevant to draw a comparison here: 

Replace "returns" with "hardware".

Wow. This "ponzi" thing has been discussed so many times and each time shown how the comparison is not valid. Can't believe it's coming up again. 

And the concept of publishing a survey to get 'real data' is interesting, but seriously flawed in design. There is no way to get past selection bias, as the people who are most likely to respond are also most likely the ones with issues, so the data would only be reinforcing the authors own viewpoint. 

Seems like some people are potentially purposefully looking for things to be wrong.

Return the defective units, get things fixed and move on.  

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #6,086 of 13,800
Oh dear, don't wish to get drawn into the debate again.

@chartwell85 

Can I please clarify how the issue of the Pulse xfi -> Vi DAC price discrepancy is being resolved? Meaning the original perk up which required the initial backers to pay a whole lot more than the $300 which was offered for a brief after the Vi DAC standalone campaign was launched (before being taken down abruptly).

I asked Manny this question in my ticket, and he told me that the $300 perk was a mistake and should have been 3 times higher ($900?). He mentioned that the 40 or so backers whom had jumped on the $300 perk were being contacted individually to come to some kind of compromise. Can we please have an update as to what the latest decision/news is with regards to that?

Thank you!

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #6,087 of 13,800
Ok. So the dac perk is out again. Where is the promised update as to how the new chip improves the sound.

Last I heard Larry was testing and couldn't wait to share the results with us.

also if I don't want to wait can I get an infinite in the existing case?

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #6,088 of 13,800
With all these problems, I find it interesting that they are asking the full $999 for a Geek Pulse Desktop DAC.  Why on Earth would I pay full retail price now instead of waiting until all this nonsense is over and still pay the exact same price?

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #6,090 of 13,800
  Wow. This "ponzi" thing has been discussed so many times and each time shown how the comparison is not valid. Can't believe it's coming up again. 

And the concept of publishing a survey to get 'real data' is interesting, but seriously flawed in design. There is no way to get past selection bias, as the people who are most likely to respond are also most likely the ones with issues, so the data would only be reinforcing the authors own viewpoint. 

Seems like some people are potentially purposefully looking for things to be wrong.

Return the defective units, get things fixed and move on.  

dude, +1. THIS^^

I understand the point of broken units, frustration and needing a place to vent. at first.
but once a user is hell bent on the propaganda and agenda driven rants, it appears such users don't even attempt to get the problem/defective unit fixed.
and get their kicks from re-peat postings on every audio forum instead of dealing with the company Rep (who cares what his title is?) to FIX the issue.

for all the moderation on head-fi any time a thread goes off topic discussing, god forbid, someone's favorite album-
to have to wade through the repetition of posts piling on with no constructive data or input, makes for true off topic boredom.
almost makes me want to unsub and forget attempting any helpful dialogue in this hobby....

mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back