Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 30, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #451 of 13,800
Hi, everyone

Here I want to clarify the rules again. For Black Friday special deal, you need to either back Geek Out in Kickstarter, or Geek Pulse (including Geek Blue) in Indiegogo. 

And every Black Friday perk will still have the same stretch goals. e.g. LightSpeed Jr. USB Cable, and very possibly 2-year warranty.

Final thing, thank you so much for the support and trying very hard to explain the details.  We usually are quite on hand but really this
is a typical 'black-out' 4 day long holiday.

This wonderful campaign taught us endless stuff and the momentum is still so strong that we will try to keep up with every minute we could.

My warm regards,

Larry

Nov 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #452 of 13,800
  I just noticed that LH increased the number of BF deals again, I remembered it started from 50 units each for Pulse and Pulse X, guess they aren't afraid they are going to lose money then.
tongue_smile.gif

Everyone is afraid of losing money... ;-p

But we really tried our best to fulfill backers/ Geek Force's requirements, and hang-on few more there  at least until the end of Black Friday or weekend.

Cheers,

Larry

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #453 of 13,800
So is this BF deal only good for people who have already backed it? I'm considering backing my 1st one at the BF price but don't quite understand with all the confusion going on here if you do or don't need to have already backed them for 1. I have no interest in 2 of them, just looking to back them for 1.

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #454 of 13,800
Hi, everyone

Here I want to clarify the rules again. For Black Friday special deal, you need to either back Geek Out in Kickstarter, or Geek Pulse (including Geek Blue) in Indiegogo. 

And every Black Friday perk will still have the same stretch goals. e.g. LightSpeed Jr. USB Cable, and very possibly 2-year warranty.

Final thing, thank you so much for the support and trying very hard to explain the details.  We usually are quite on hand but really this

This wonderful campaign taught us endless stuff and the momentum is still so strong that we will try to keep up with every minute we could.

My warm regards,

Larry

When you see you need to either back Geek Out in Kickstarter or Geek Pulse in Indiegogo, do you mean to say you need to have ALREADY backed one of them, meaning your backing your second unit, or is this deal truly open to 1st time backers, im still confused after reading this thread multiple times.

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #455 of 13,800

Hi, everyone

My warm regards,

Larry

When you see you need to either back Geek Out in Kickstarter or Geek Pulse in Indiegogo, do you mean to say you need to have ALREADY backed one of them, meaning your backing your second unit, or is this deal truly open to 1st time backers, im still confused after reading this thread multiple times.

if you are a backer of either project, and you register at the website, you are a member of the geek force, and thus eligible for the black friday deal

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #456 of 13,800

if you are a backer of either project, and you register at the website, you are a member of the geek force, and thus eligible for the black friday deal

The key to getting the Black Friday deal is you have to be a Geek Force member AND you had to already have backed (key word here is backed, not back) the Geek Out in the original Kickstarter campaign or the Geek Pulse in the original Indiegogo campaign.  The Black Friday deal is to purchase additional/subsequent, not your first, unit(s).

I believe people are getting confused with the language tense in which the word back (present tense) / backed (past tense) is used.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #457 of 13,800

The key to getting the Black Friday deal is you have to be a Geek Force member AND you had to already have backed (key word here is backed, not back) the Geek Out in the original Kickstarter campaign or the Geek Pulse in the original Indiegogo campaign.  The Black Friday deal is to purchase additional/subsequent, not your first, unit(s).

I believe people are getting confused with the language tense in which the word back (present tense) / backed (past tense) is used.

yes, this is what i was trying to clarify, i maybe should have included ALREADY A BACKER,  hopefully all this confusion will settle down ! lol
blink.gif

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #458 of 13,800
How do they plan to handle those who backed it at the Black Friday price who weren't backers before then?

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #459 of 13,800
Those *censored* just lost their $6 or whatever they paid I guess.  Indiegogo doesn't refund.  That's the price of not having basic reading comprehension.  I hope they burn in hell for the ignorance and uncertainty they spread over multiple pages in this thread.
edit: just kidding?

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #460 of 13,800
Basic reading comprehension? If u read lhllabs offer it says nothing about having backed one already. They vaguely mention that if u want a second unit but it says nothing other than u must sign up. It seems they made it intentionally vague to confuse people and get their money, not sure I want anything to do with this shady company

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #461 of 13,800
Basic reading comprehension? If u read lhllabs offer it says nothing about having backed one already. They vaguely mention that if u want a second unit but it says nothing other than u must sign up. It seems they made it intentionally vague to confuse people and get their money, not sure I want anything to do with this shady company

The confusion are only on your heads, because you don't read before make decisions...

Just read:
http://www.lhlabs.com/force/geekpulse/348-confused-about-the-black-friday-special?start=24#1609
http://www.lhlabs.com/force/geekpulse/348-confused-about-the-black-friday-special?start=24#1610

And then the whole thread:
http://www.lhlabs.com/force/geekpulse/348-confused-about-the-black-friday-special

The only issue about this was the fact that LH didn't protect from users that doesn't have already a Geek Pulse...

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #462 of 13,800
The point is that you shouldn't have to read a whole thread to know the details and requirements. The other thing is that knowing it has caused this much confusion, why have they done nothing about it? The terms still read exactly the same, just leading new people to being confused by the offer. And all they have to say is we will look at it on a case by case basis after the holidays. I'm sorry but I find that to be bad business and just unacceptable. They need to fix the offer site to make it more clear, not just say yeah we will look at it later.

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #463 of 13,800
The point is that you shouldn't have to read a whole thread to know the details and requirements.The other thing is that knowing it has caused this much confusion, why have they done nothing about it? The terms still read exactly the same, just leading new people to being confused by the offer. And all they have to say is we will look at it on a case by case basis after the holidays. I'm sorry but I find that to be bad business and just unacceptable. They need to fix the offer site to make it more clear, not just say yeah we will look at it later.

I just point you to the obvious explanations, but those statements aren't from that thread!

The rest I agree with you, except about bad business, because everyone can make mistakes, and since the beginning, after read about this promotion, I known that I should be a backer first!

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #464 of 13,800

Here is what is on the site:

As a Geek Force member, we want you to be able to get another Geek Pulse, Geek Pulse X, and/or Geek Blue at an even lower price than we've offered before. We don't plan on doing this again because each unit is going to cost us a lot to build (depending on a lot of factors). So if you want to get a second, third, or even a fourth unit, now's the time. Heck, at these prices, you can give them as away as gifts!

"Another" is the key word.  It implies that you have already backed the project in some way.  That is what reading comprehension is.  Not just understanding the explicit statements, but also the implied ones.  Accusing them of being dirty and scamming people is a little irresponsible since many people had no problem understanding the deal.  

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #465 of 13,800
Right but why make it so vague, and then not take action to correct it when it has been causing this much confusion. Just look at the LHLabs.com site and there is even a thread about all the people who signed up, like myself, who are now being told that Indiegogo won't refund their money and that they will do "what they can" after the Holidays, another vague statement. That IS ABSOLUTELY bad business. Fix the part that is causing people confusion, and either refund people their money, or let us know that they will take corrective action and the people that did back it at those prices, will still get it and not just lose their money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back