Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #436 of 13,800
That's cool for people who didn't get in before, and also cool for those who want more units, but it kind of dings those of us who had the faith to put in cash earlier. Not that I'm greatly upset or anything, but just saying...

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #439 of 13,800
  That's cool for people who didn't get in before, and also cool for those who want more units, but it kind of dings those of us who had the faith to put in cash earlier. Not that I'm greatly upset or anything, but just saying...

Me too - Steam does a similar thing with their "sales", where if you buy a game on sale one day, they often have it for a better price a couple of days later (which is actually encouraging you NOT to buy) ... you effectively get punished for being an "early adopter". Why would a company wish to punish those people who were first to back their campaign ?  It seems a counter-productive marketing and customer relations decision to me.  Still, its their company, not mine.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #441 of 13,800
It's for people that have already bought bought 1 DAC already. It's not punishing anyone.

No it is not ... do some research. You could either read the last 10 posts in this thread (I know, I know - what a huge trial - it's almost like "homework"), or you could go to the Idiegogo webpage, or even to the LHLabs website. It is for anyone who signs up to the website - requirement to do so ... A) create a User Name B) create a Password.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #442 of 13,800
"As a Geek Force member, we want you to be able to get ANOTHER Geek Pulse, Geek Pulse X, and/or Geek Blue at an even lower price than we've offered before. We don't plan on doing this again because each unit is going to cost us a lot to build (depending on a lot of factors). So if you want to get a second, third, or even a fourth unit, now's the time. Heck, at these prices, you can give them as away as gifts!"

Straight from their website.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #443 of 13,800
"As a Geek Force member, we want you to be able to get ANOTHER Geek Pulse, Geek Pulse X, and/or Geek Blue at an even lower price than we've offered before. We don't plan on doing this again because each unit is going to cost us a lot to build (depending on a lot of factors). So if you want to get a second, third, or even a fourth unit, now's the time. Heck, at these prices, you can give them as away as gifts!"

Straight from their website.

LOL - I was actually waiting for you to post exactly that quote !  Where in what you have quoted does it state that you need to have previously purchased a Geek Pulse or Pulse X or Blue to receive that offer ?  It doesn't.  In fact, on the Indiegogo page they state there is a secret offer and the only requirement is that you "register for an account" - which is exactly as I stated above.  Not only that, but you refused to even read the last 10 posts in this thread from my prior response in which eac3 (who sent an email to LH Labs about this matter) confirmed that the offer is available to anyone who registers on their website - once again, exactly as I stated.  Where does your belief that this is only for people who have made a prior purchase actually come from ?  What proof, if any, do you offer in support of your contention ?

Here's eac3's message, so that you don't need to click back to page 29 of this very thread: 

On what I understood (English is not my native language), you have to be only a Geek Force member (Forum member) and that's it.

Choose from the perks entitled for forum members (add shipping if international) and that's it.

Limited quantities though... 

This is exactly what they confirmed.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #444 of 13,800
Ok minor revisions....changed LED bulbs to backlight characters...cleaner look..

Happy Weekend!

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #446 of 13,800
LOL - I was actually waiting for you to post exactly that quote !  Where in what you have quoted does it state that you need to have previously purchased a Geek Pulse or Pulse X or Blue to receive that offer ?  It doesn't.  In fact, on the Indiegogo page they state there is a secret offer and the only requirement is that you "register for an account" - which is exactly as I stated above.  Not only that, but you refused to even read the last 10 posts in this thread from my prior response in which eac3 (who sent an email to LH Labs about this matter) confirmed that the offer is available to anyone who registers on their website - once again, exactly as I stated.  Where does your belief that this is only for people who have made a prior purchase actually come from ?  What proof, if any, do you offer in support of your contention ?

Here's eac3's message, so that you don't need to click back to page 29 of this very thread: 

This is exactly what they confirmed.

And had you read the thread on the Geek Force site, Larry Ho said you need to be a backer already to get ANOTHER Geek Pulse on the Black Friday sale price.

Also, got an email from Larry Ho saying that yes you need to already have ordered one Geek Pulse.

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #447 of 13,800
And had you read the thread on the Geek Force site, Larry Ho said you need to be a backer already to get ANOTHER Geek Pulse on the Black Friday sale price.

Also, got an email from Larry Ho saying that yes you need to already have ordered one Geek Pulse.

Its funny, I just  received an email from Larry "correcting their confirmation" from the other day. Now they are telling me different (what you said), and told me they made a mistake because...well..here is the e-mail:

Sorry for making you confused, because we replied too many emails a day.

You need to be the Geek FORCE member and back up BEFORE either in Kickstarter or Indiegogo to get the deal.

Thanks a lot,

Larry

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #448 of 13,800
Basically you need to be either a Geek Out buyer from Kickstarter or have contributed to the Geek Pulse already. I was almost tempted but already have the Geek Out on the way and contributing to Geek Pulse too.

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #449 of 13,800
I just noticed that LH increased the number of BF deals again, I remembered it started from 50 units each for Pulse and Pulse X, guess they aren't afraid they are going to lose money then.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back