Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #4,157 of 13,800
Agh!  Get out everyone!  John just pee'd in the pool! 
tongue.gif

Ahem, anyway, yeah I don't think Gavin mentioned specifically when it was to be opened up again, only that it'd run for 48 hours.  I got the impression there would not be limited numbers within that time period.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #4,163 of 13,800
Just watched Gavin's video, seems I have another 48 hours to obsess over getting another Geek Pulse (have a Soul ordered)...he didn't say when, though. Wondering when I can start obsessing and getting agida again.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #4,164 of 13,800
Ok, just saw the post, only applies to people who already have the Xfi, whew! I can wait until the Soul upgrades go up to start making myself crazy again.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #4,168 of 13,800
  Just to be sure the slacker 1G is different than the slacker provided in the geek out box?

The Slacker 1G is the 1G USB cable with Male/Female USB A plugs. The GO Slacker is not up to this level at all.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #4,169 of 13,800
  Point 4 is a bit curious. 'Should' be? Surely not be desire?

I asked the question on the Geek forums. No reply. Why would you want to have a different sound when changing gain??
An example, I am happy with the sound for a given setup, headphones, etc. I need a bit more drive. I change the gain and it messes with the sound.
Now this seems like a real bad idea to me. Not sure who would have asked for this or why.
He claimed the change was made per request (s).

My question was whether this was really a request... or maybe a design artifact.
An artifact that is now being touted as a "feature" ??

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #4,170 of 13,800

I asked the question on the Geek forums. No reply. Why would you want to have a different sound when changing gain??
An example, I am happy with the sound for a given setup, headphones, etc. I need a bit more drive. I change the gain and it messes with the sound.
Now this seems like a real bad idea to me. Not sure who would have asked for this or why.
He claimed the change was made per request (s).

My question was whether this was really a request... or maybe a design artifact.
An artifact that is now being touted as a "feature" ??

Larry says high gain is for harder to drive headphones and low gain is for IEM's. Not a sound signature change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back