Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,136 of 13,800
Have people received their Pulses yet? Lots of carrots dangling. There was a review of the Pulse here. Though it really doesn't say too much. I like Darko and Srajans and projects reviews as they paint a picture of Dac sound and capabilities.

Most of the reviews are via PM to LHLABS and they will publish excerpts through their daily infinite indiegogo campaign

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #3,137 of 13,800
Most of the reviews are via PM to LHLABS and they will publish excerpts through their daily infinite indiegogo campaign

i'm curious as to why any "reviews" or impressions are in private messages to lhlabs, and not a single one here, other than eric's.
that i know of, 

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #3,138 of 13,800
  i'm curious as to why any "reviews" or impressions are in private messages to lhlabs, and not a single one here, other than eric's.
that i know of, 

I believe he meant that as sarcasm.
Look at this excerpt from one of the recent campaign updates:

LPS In The Wild

Geek LPS has already received tons of praise from those of you that were fortunate enough to be among the first backers.  People are talking, and frankly, we love it!  If you haven't already hopped in on LPS, or even if you have, check out the Geek Force Forum for user reviews and updates.  

I believe someone on head-fi called them out on this, and it turns out that 'tons of praise' here refers to no more than 6 PMs.
Ahh the exaggerations.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #3,139 of 13,800

I believe someone on head-fi called them out on this, and it turns out that 'tons of praise' here refers to no more than 6 PMs.
Ahh the exaggerations.

Yea I was the one that called them out on this. The way they made it sound there was significant thread action of backers posting reviews and impressions on their forum. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's crickets over there and here regarding actual impressions. This definitely put a bad light for LH in my eyes. They’re looking more and more like a hype machine.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,140 of 13,800
Yea I was the one that called them out on this. The way they made it sound there was significant thread action of backers posting reviews and impressions on their forum. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's crickets over there and here regarding actual impressions. This definitely put a bad light for LH in my eyes. They’re looking more and more like a hype machine.

Hmm to be honest, the more I re-read that announcement, the less I'm convinced it's an exaggeration and appears more like an outright lie. They’re telling us to jump over to their forum because people are talking, giving impressions and reviews. And that was over a week ago and still no chatter of real products in the wild except the USB cable and LPS.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #3,141 of 13,800

Ahh the exaggerations.

oh yeah, i remember now, 
sometimes sarcasm loses its bite here

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,142 of 13,800
Hmm to be honest, the more I re-read that announcement, the less I'm convinced it's an exaggeration and appears more like an outright lie. They’re telling us to jump over to their forum because people are talking, giving impressions and reviews. And that was over a week ago and still no chatter of real products in the wild except the USB cable and LPS.

Actually I thought the LPS is ready weeks before the first Geek Pulse was shipped? Seems like there's minimal shipment of the LPS and the Geek Pulse ( plain ). Not sure if they can even complete their initial Geek Pulse ( from plain to XFI ) by the end of Q2 or not.

Honestly, those that wanted to back their perks do think thrice before doing it since the lead time could be very very very long.

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,144 of 13,800
Easy people. I have the LPS (initial backer), and it is absolutely worth the wait.

Would I spend $500+ on it? No. My budget minded limited wallet would not allow it.

The difference in my GO1000 with and without using it is definitely noticeable.

Thank you for this! I am also one of the first backers and have not had any update... Am getting a little frustrated but patiently waiting for it and trying not to think about it.... Man the wait is killing me

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #3,146 of 13,800
Just got the shipping notice for the 10G cable I got during the BF sale. Excited to get something from LHL! Now if I only had my Xfi and LPS4 to use with it...

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3,147 of 13,800
Geek Pulse X progress:
http://lhlabs.com/force/shippingissue/2588-what-progress-on-the-pulse-x
Boards are coming in this week. Will begin final QC process and assembly. Hang tight, Larry will begin working his magic and getting ready to hand everything off to the assembly and shipping team.

As far as the 2G cable goes, you might want to open a ticket with Manny as these cables have shipped.
It is still on the same schedule date around Dec. 10, we will start shipping...

I opened a ticket regarding the 2G shipments and Casey said:
The 2G cables have/are shipping. The vast majority of 2G's went out last week and we still have a very limited amount that are trickling out this week.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #3,148 of 13,800
Geek Pulse X progress:
http://lhlabs.com/force/shippingissue/2588-what-progress-on-the-pulse-x
I opened a ticket regarding the 2G shipments and Casey said:

my 2g has shipped

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #3,149 of 13,800
  Anyone has any thoughts on their Power Amps? e.g. S100?
Worth getting to pair with Geek Pulse for home stereo speakers? Or better options with 3rd party ones?

I think both the S and M versions will be pretty cool. The S probably won't power a medium to large room, but for an office or bedroom 50W should be plenty. Paired with a Pulse will be good at least aesthetically as I can't comment on the sound not having heard an S yet. And of course there's the wait...

If you don't wan to wait PS Audio has a product that's intrigued me called The Sprout. And thee's the venerable NAD 3020 in a small form factor. All within pricing of the S100.

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #3,150 of 13,800
I was aiming to get my Pulse in January, starting to doubt that now. I guess I'll set my new expectation to May. Backed 12/10/13, probably like 5millionth in line.

Since they claim to be making 20 or so a day, I'd say February or even March. And that's optimistically unless they can really get production staffed, up and running, and smooth delivery of parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back