Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #3,121 of 13,800
Alright, if someone can help me, that would be great.

My issue is I want to back the Geek Soul Xfi, but not sure what kind of output there is. Will there be SE, and balanced XLR out to headphone? Will there be RCA and XLR output to connect to different amps? I am assuming the Soul Xfi does have all those outputs because it's basically the Pulse Xfi and LPS in one, right? Just want to verify.
So, if the Pulse Xfi + LPS = Soul Xfi, will it be more reasonable to get the Pulse Xfi? And does the Pulse Xfi come with a LPS or do I have to buy the LPS also? And why are there two perks for the Pulse Xfi? The early bird Pulse Xfi is $1399, and the non early bird Pulse Xfi is $1869. Why is that? Do I have to buy something first to get the early bird special?

I was so close to backing the Soul Xfi a few weeks back, but saw the bundle with the Pulse X and the HE560. Was going to get the Pulse X + HE560, but really wanted the Pulse Xfi instead. Yes, I saw the upgrade option, but thought that was only for early backers from the kickstarter campaign. Wasn't sure if we can back the bundle, then upgrade right away to the Pulse Xfi? So was just wondering, will there be a bundle with the Pulse Xfi also in the near future? Or a bundle with the Soul Xfi? Either would be great.

There are just so many perks, it's confusing. I've been trying to read up on the options, but I'm still lost. 
Last question, which could probably only be answer by a staff at LH Labs, Can I come pick up the product? I live in Sac and was hoping to avoid shipping cost. Sorry one more question, Can I come in and test the products before buying?

Sorry to put this here. I did PM one of them, but didn't get any answer.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #3,122 of 13,800
  Alright, if someone can help me, that would be great.

My issue is I want to back the Geek Soul Xfi, but not sure what kind of output there is. Will there be SE, and balanced XLR out to headphone? Will there be RCA and XLR output to connect to different amps? I am assuming the Soul Xfi does have all those outputs because it's basically the Pulse Xfi and LPS in one, right? Just want to verify.

Technology breakdown here: http://lhlabs.com/geekpulse3/images/Geek_Pulse_Soul_Technology_Breakdown.pdf

Both Pulse X and Soul have balanced and single-ended outputs for connection to a preamp/amp. Pulse X has both a balanced and single-ended headphone output. Soul has only a balanced headphone output (no single-ended).

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #3,123 of 13,800

So, if the Pulse Xfi + LPS = Soul Xfi, will it be more reasonable to get the Pulse Xfi? And does the Pulse Xfi come with a LPS or do I have to buy the LPS also? And why are there two perks for the Pulse Xfi? The early bird Pulse Xfi is $1399, and the non early bird Pulse Xfi is $1869. Why is that? Do I have to buy something first to get the early bird special?

Pulse X does not come with an LPS, that's extra. Early Bird perks are limited in number (13 of 20 claimed, not sure why two people have selected the non-early bird pricing since the lower price is still available). 

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #3,124 of 13,800
There are just so many perks, it's confusing. I've been trying to read up on the options, but I'm still lost. 

lol
We’re trying very hard to make this campaign as understandable as possible to newcomers.

Looks like that didn't work out as well as they thought.

The Soul is meant to be put on an audio rack, so it's not something you would just have on a work desk like what I intend to do and that's what the Pulse is for.

Sorry, I had to edit my post 5 different times because even I didn't know what headphone output options the Soul/Soul X have until I saw that comparison chart.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #3,125 of 13,800
@ KriKor
I'm assuming you are also referring to the Pulse Xfi, when talking about the Pulse X right? So if I also want the LPS, it'll be $1868 for both. The Soul Xfi is $1699. Isn't the Soul Xfi better? It supposed to have a unique chassis with ultra low noise bipolar circuit. Why doesn't the price reflect that? Or maybe it just doesn't matter to them.

@miceblue
Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out ever since the article by eric neff came out on Nov. 6 on headphone.guru.

It seems like the campaign has ended. I'll think about it for a day or two, and if there are still perks available, I might jump on the Soul Xfi. Really want to try it first though. I do live in Sacramento. Hopefully I can get a chance to.

Thanks a lot guys.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,126 of 13,800
@ KriKor
I'm assuming you are also referring to the Pulse Xfi, when talking about the Pulse X right? So if I also want the LPS, it'll be $1868 for both. The Soul Xfi is $1699. Isn't the Soul Xfi better? It supposed to have a unique chassis with ultra low noise bipolar circuit. Why doesn't the price reflect that? Or maybe it just doesn't matter to them.

@miceblue

Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out ever since the article by eric neff came out on Nov. 6 on headphone.guru.

It seems like the campaign has ended. I'll think about it for a day or two, and if there are still perks available, I might jump on the Soul Xfi. Really want to try it first though. I do live in Sacramento. Hopefully I can get a chance to.

Thanks a lot guys.

Will be hard to try the Soul as it's not out yet and it might be a while. The only thing "out" so far are a few LPS units and shipping notices for some base Pulse units. None of the Pulse X or Xfi to be sent to backers have even been built yet. Not even sure what the timing of the Soul is yet.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #3,127 of 13,800
Will be hard to try the Soul as it's not out yet and it might be a while. The only thing "out" so far are a few LPS units and shipping notices for some base Pulse units. None of the Pulse X or Xfi to be sent to backers have even been built yet. Not even sure what the timing of the Soul is yet.

I'm sure they have a few samples laying around in the office and to reviewers. Eric Neff seems to like the Pulse Xfi, so there must be a few built. Maybe not to backers yet, but they should have some in house. In the case of the Soul Xfi, they should at least have a prototype to even start asking for contribution, if not a few final versions already. If I remember correctly, the first few "lots" of the Soul Xfi were scheduled to go out in April, maybe even earlier. The 5th lot right now is scheduled to go out in June. With that in mind, I would assume the Soul Xfi is already done, maybe just some quality control and such. Yeah, forget it. I don't need to try it. I feel like I'm asking too much. I would like to know If I can pick it up to avoid shipping though?

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #3,129 of 13,800
Anyone has any thoughts on their Power Amps? e.g. S100?
Worth getting to pair with Geek Pulse for home stereo speakers? Or better options with 3rd party ones?

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #3,130 of 13,800
popcorn.gif

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #3,131 of 13,800
Dec 2, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #3,133 of 13,800
Worth getting to pair with Geek Pulse for home stereo speakers? Or better options with 3rd party ones?

Nope, not for me. I took the red pill and am out of the lhlabs Matrix. I won't even go for the IEMs, however tempting they might be.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #3,134 of 13,800

If they're the same technology as the Geek Keep prototype that Larry and Gavin showed at RMAF they sounded quite nice! Of course they were also playing on Wilson speakers, which aren't too shabby. The rest of the chain was LH Labs, with a Mac (mini?) feeding a Geek Pulse Xfi with LPS and then straight to the Geek Keeps. 

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #3,135 of 13,800
Have people received their Pulses yet? Lots of carrots dangling. There was a review of the Pulse here. Though it really doesn't say too much. I like Darko and Srajans and projects reviews as they paint a picture of Dac sound and capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back