Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #2,536 of 13,800
Hey guys,

I've had a bunch of people asking about the release times for the Geek Soul perk over the next few days and just wanted to post it here to avoid anymore confusion.  Geek Soul will be released twice daily, first at 9AM PST and then at 9PM PST.  

You can also check here for more details: http://igg.me/at/geekpulseaudio/x/6993509

Any questions? Ask away! 
popcorn.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2,537 of 13,800
At the price we've got from the Pulse/LPS combo and its variations, think we're happier. And happier still if it arrives before Christmas.

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #2,538 of 13,800
You asked...

Casey, for 100 Souls (when campaign ends) will you shave again your beard?

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #2,541 of 13,800
Miceblue I think the Taurus comparison was made because it's a high end amp also based on opamps

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #2,543 of 13,800
Has anyone here who has ordered either the Geek Pulse/LPS/Source/Wave tried to amend or cancel their order?

I'm not too sure about all the nitty gritty stuff about Indiegogo policies or fair business practices, but I was discussing this issue with a few of my friends whom I know through this hobby, and a few of us have tried to make amendments to our orders, either through cancellation or tweaking.

Supposedly, because of IGG's terms and conditions, there will be no refunds allowed, hence no order cancellation is possible, and we are all stuck with our original orders.

There's plenty of ways to pour in more $ and invest in more stuff and more perks, but not a single way to cut down or withdraw. We kinda came to the consensus that this is almost like a $ snare.

It's not as if we backed products that were custom fitted to individual specs, like CIEMs, or a specialized order. And it's also not as if the cancellation of an order poses a huge loss to them in any sense. With the forever funding campaign, they're having more and more orders coming in, so I don't quite think they'll face problems of a surplus in stocks.

A friend of mine who ordered the Geek Source didn't want it any longer because his needs have changed, and because he's recently run into some problems with cash. LHL won't let us cancel the order, and although we tried to find ways to help him, none of us were keen on the Geek Source.

Because a couple of us pooled used the same email to pledge, I didn't mind taking over his contribution if they'd allow me to swap the Geek Source for something else (I enquired about combining the Source with the Pulse xfi, and either using my marketplace credits, or simply using some $ top up to upgrade to a Geek Soul). Unfortunately, I was simply told that it can't happen.

The reason given was that the Soul is currently limited in quantity. Which baffles me because although it's technically true that there are currently limited units of Soul (0 to be exact), isn't the whole point of a pre-order to plan for making more units in the future? I stated up front that I didn't mind be put last priority because I'm still studying and in no rush to receive my xfi anyway, but apparently, it wasn't enough.

One thing additionally that irks the heck out of me is their marketplace credit system. The few of us who pledged during the Geek Wave campaign only did so towards the tail end of the campaign when they offered the late backer benefits, like $100 Geek market credits for every $500 you contribute between now and the end of the campaign. Many of us were actually pushed off the edge to take the plunge because we just wanted value for our $, and it's not like university students can really afford high end stuff when we aren't having any income. That was also the reason why we chose to commit using the same email account, because doing so would allow us to accumulate more Geek marketplace credits.

Unfortunately, LHL did not at that time specify anything about Geek marketplace credit. How to use it, when to use it, what it could be used for, or anything remotely related to useful information. Even today, we are still completely in the dark as to how it even works. We just assumed rather logically that a marketplace means you could choose what you wanted, even if it meant being more expensive than the campaign prices. But everything we've enquired about using it, it's just met by the same 'you-can't-use-it-like-that' rejection, with no further comment or clarification. I'm not sure if anyone else here has faced this issue, but it honestly feels like we'll never see a single $ of our marketplace credits, and that the concept behind it was simply means to egg people sitting on the fence at the end of the camping to just go all in.

Using the LHL support system has also driven us mad. I don't really have any qualms because it so happens that my ticket posts there are quite few, and always happen to be answered by Manny, who's always rather polite. My friends are less enamored with their experiences. Things like auto-closing your ticket in your face when the issue hasn't even been resolved. Not bothering to check up on old tickets. Having written in detail, but rudely being told to phrase it simpler for them to understand, when they haven't even taken the time to read through your previous tickets or real through with any patience or diligence to try make sense of your post before asking the customer to rephrase.

This has turned out to be somewhat a collection of our concerns/ mini-rant, and I'm just interested to know if others have felt the same way or encountered similar issues.

I personally applaud LHL for taking on the crowdfunding concept. It's a great idea, and they are slowly streamlining and refining their modus operandi. They do also seem like great guys genuinely passionate about what they do. But some of the issues we're facing honestly doesn't make any sense to us at all.

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,544 of 13,800
Has anyone here who has ordered either the Geek Pulse/LPS/Source/Wave tried to amend or cancel their order?

I'm not too sure about all the nitty gritty stuff about Indiegogo policies or fair business practices, but I was discussing this issue with a few of my friends whom I know through this hobby, and a few of us have tried to make amendments to our orders, either through cancellation or tweaking.

Supposedly, because of IGG's terms and conditions, there will be no refunds allowed, hence no order cancellation is possible, and we are all stuck with our original orders.

There's plenty of ways to pour in more $ and invest in more stuff and more perks, but not a single way to cut down or withdraw. We kinda came to the consensus that this is almost like a $ snare.

It's not as if we backed products that were custom fitted to individual specs, like CIEMs, or a specialized order. And it's also not as if the cancellation of an order poses a huge loss to them in any sense. With the forever funding campaign, they're having more and more orders coming in, so I don't quite think they'll face problems of a surplus in stocks.

A friend of mine who ordered the Geek Source didn't want it any longer because his needs have changed, and because he's recently run into some problems with cash. LHL won't let us cancel the order, and although we tried to find ways to help him, none of us were keen on the Geek Source.

Because a couple of us pooled used the same email to pledge, I didn't mind taking over his contribution if they'd allow me to swap the Geek Source for something else (I enquired about combining the Source with the Pulse xfi, and either using my marketplace credits, or simply using some $ top up to upgrade to a Geek Soul). Unfortunately, I was simply told that it can't happen.

The reason given was that the Soul is currently limited in quantity. Which baffles me because although it's technically true that there are currently limited units of Soul (0 to be exact), isn't the whole point of a pre-order to plan for making more units in the future? I stated up front that I didn't mind be put last priority because I'm still studying and in no rush to receive my xfi anyway, but apparently, it wasn't enough.

One thing additionally that irks the heck out of me is their marketplace credit system. The few of us who pledged during the Geek Wave campaign only did so towards the tail end of the campaign when they offered the late backer benefits, like $100 Geek market credits for every $500 you contribute between now and the end of the campaign. Many of us were actually pushed off the edge to take the plunge because we just wanted value for our $, and it's not like university students can really afford high end stuff when we aren't having any income. That was also the reason why we chose to commit using the same email account, because doing so would allow us to accumulate more Geek marketplace credits.

Unfortunately, LHL did not at that time specify anything about Geek marketplace credit. How to use it, when to use it, what it could be used for, or anything remotely related to useful information. Even today, we are still completely in the dark as to how it even works. We just assumed rather logically that a marketplace means you could choose what you wanted, even if it meant being more expensive than the campaign prices. But everything we've enquired about using it, it's just met by the same 'you-can't-use-it-like-that' rejection, with no further comment or clarification. I'm not sure if anyone else here has faced this issue, but it honestly feels like we'll never see a single $ of our marketplace credits, and that the concept behind it was simply means to egg people sitting on the fence at the end of the camping to just go all in.

Using the LHL support system has also driven us mad. I don't really have any qualms because it so happens that my ticket posts there are quite few, and always happen to be answered by Manny, who's always rather polite. My friends are less enamored with their experiences. Things like auto-closing your ticket in your face when the issue hasn't even been resolved. Not bothering to check up on old tickets. Having written in detail, but rudely being told to phrase it simpler for them to understand, when they haven't even taken the time to read through your previous tickets or real through with any patience or diligence to try make sense of your post before asking the customer to rephrase.

This has turned out to be somewhat a collection of our concerns/ mini-rant, and I'm just interested to know if others have felt the same way or encountered similar issues.

I personally applaud LHL for taking on the crowdfunding concept. It's a great idea, and they are slowly streamlining and refining their modus operandi. They do also seem like great guys genuinely passionate about what they do. But some of the issues we're facing honestly doesn't make any sense to us at all.

Im pleased with lhlabs so far ,no real complaints here

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2,545 of 13,800

Same here....No issues so far.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #2,546 of 13,800
Quote:Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sweet, LH have posted a new vid, this time Larry's talking tubes... 
biggrin.gif

"Airy and warm". I like it. So are they making a tube stage for the Pulse? That would be where I put my money. 
darthsmile.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #2,547 of 13,800
I have a pretty good tube preamp (Wavelength) which slightly colors the sound. However, I don't see the need to put the signal through an extra stage after it comes out of the Pulse. Anyone know if this is what they're doing with the Soul? or does the tube stage take the place of an opamp buffer stage? 

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #2,548 of 13,800
I think the tube would be a cool upgrade if one is using the Pulse as a all in one system ( source, amp ).

To me I'm also using it as a source for my hifi systems and I already have a SET amp and hence I didn't really want to add anther tube on the chain so I guess solid state to me is a better/correct choice.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #2,549 of 13,800

Appreciate the replies!

Can you guys then better explain how the marketplace credit works, and how all the issues you had were resolved when you attempted to cancel (or tweak) an order? Just want some insight as to how their policy works. That way we can know how to proceed in a proper manner, assuming there is a way to.

Cheers!

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #2,550 of 13,800

Appreciate the replies!

Can you guys then better explain how the marketplace credit works, and how all the issues you had were resolved when you attempted to cancel (or tweak) an order? Just want some insight as to how their policy works. That way we can know how to proceed in a proper manner, assuming there is a way to.

Cheers!

I have not spent any time with the marketplace credits so I can;t help there. I did upgrade from base pulse to X-Fi during the campaign. it seemed to go through without issue. Now that I have returned the review unit, I am in line again like everyone else waiting for my new Pulse to arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back