1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics

First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last
  1. eac3
    Quote:

Yes, at your own expense.

Quote:

Yeah, pretty much. 

1. A new heat and air-flow optimized T-6061 Aluminum chassis with non-parallel walls that was inspired by Da Vinci DAC's industrial design.
    2. An ultra-low-noise bipolar power circuit.

Not sure if the second point is brought in from the LPS or not.

2. jexby

Soul is more than just a DAC, it's an all-in-one chassis containing:
    the DAC + Headphone Amp (solid state), LPS, balanced output (solid state) and single-ended outputs (SS in Geek Soul or Tubes in Geek Soul Tube).

(corrected many posts from now)

junker likes this.
  3. germay0653

Geek Soul Tube:

From IGG page
    Geek Soul Tube
    Tube lover, eh? Yeah, you are. What we've done here is replaced the single-ended output from Geek Soul Xfi with a single-ended no-negative feedback tube buffer stage.

Larry has indicated that the Balanced XLR output, on the Soul Tube, will be solid state just like the Soul Xfi and Pulse Xfi so on the Soul Tube version.

1. Larry Ho
    2. [​IMG]
    Geek Soul, to Tube or not ?!
    And one thing I don't know if I write clearly enough here:

Geek Soul Tube will give you the flexibility of both Solid State and Tube. Matching SS with Balance and Tubes with SE is the way to go. If you don't like the tube, you could un-plug it and using balance out of Geek Soul Tube, no problem.
    And vise versa. [​IMG]

Also, I want to confirm that again. In SQ point of view, Geek Soul X fi will be exactly the same like Geek Pulse X fi.

Cheers,
    Larry

Single Ended RCAs = Tube Output
    Balanced XLRs = Solid State Output

4. jwong
    Am I the only one who just wants my plain vanilla Pulse? You know, the original idea of a good quality DAC and headphone amp for a reasonable price? [​IMG]

It's now been over a year since I put up my cash, and I'm hoping they'll actually ship soon. I'll leave the fancy $2K tube models to those of fatter pocketbooks and more rarified ears....

krikor likes this.
  5. jexby
    jwong,

The good news for you is the simple vanilla Pulse is the model destined to start shipping Nov 14.

6. krikor

Nope, you are not the only one. I don't know how, but I was able to resist the urge to take advantage of the seemingly endless stream of upgrades and perks. 

7. jwong

I certainly hope that is the case! The post on the forum about still needing a screw and a sticker makes me wonder...

8. jwong

Ah, greetings fellow holdout! I must admit I got pretty tempted a few times along the way as well.

9. miceblue
    Sticker? I certainly hope it's not one of these stickers...they annoy the heck out of me.
    [​IMG]

Or maybe one of those Windows computer stickers lol
    [​IMG]

10. Muinarc
    Some people like stickers. You have seen those laptops around school I'm sure miceblue. Put some rainbow and star stickers on your pulse and LPS!

11. No_One411
    I have a Apple sticker on my Lenovo laptop, and it annoys people to no end. [​IMG]

12. walfredo

I am with youn, man.  I just want a vanilla pulse.

13. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Geek Soul prototyping...

No surface finish yet, rougly milled.

[​IMG]

With Larry and Kayla (designer)

[​IMG]

14. uncola
    The chassis does look pretty cool, if I was a high roller I'd have upgraded already :p

15. CanDude
    Note that Geek Soul will not have a SE headphone output, and the balanced headphone output may be placed on the side or even on the back since Geek Soul is not primarily targeted for headphone listening.

First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last