Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 12, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #241 of 13,800
Larry Ho's argument on ES9018M and Geek Blue

20130831221355-stringio.txt
Larry Ho said 3 hours ago
Few quick answers:
1. ES9018M has balance output (pos and neg) and have some good features I like for Geek Out (can go stand by mode) and THD compensation. And as you will see in our testing results for THD+N, ES9018M is really a good fit here.
2. In Bluetooth standard, the highest sampling rate is 48K/44.1K.
3. Yes. Mac OS has the ATPX codec implemented which will improve the sound quality significantly.
Larry

20130831221355-stringio.txt
Larry Ho said 3 hours ago
Well… Geek Blue’s target is to let more smart phone users could start enjoy the best sound quality. It’s a not easy approach, but we have the determination to bring more and more people into our world.
Larry

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #242 of 13,800
I am more than happy with the 9018M, so I hope he "sticks to his guns" here.  The Blue doesn't interest me at all, but that's fine too.  The airplay module might interest me - I'm not sure.  Get the Geek Pulse right, then move on to the next thing.  I wish I had a turntable.  The Phono stage has some great (cheap) competition in the IFI Phono.  Provided they don't "over extend" themselves by trying to expand too quickly, I'm sure they'll do very well.  But self-interest prevails ... they need to make the Geek Pulse all that it can be ... then they'll have garnered good will and will have established themselves at the lower end of the market ... we'll see what comes next.

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #243 of 13,800
Thank you for your votes/suggestions. Just to recap so far what we have...

Updated Features:
  1. Removed decorative "V" on the front panel.
  2. Changed from a glossy acrylic front panel to metal.
  3. A large volume control knob (controls both headphone and line out).
  4. Informative LED's to the front panel to display sample rates, etc.
  5. Gain switch, three positions: High (3W) Medium (1W) Low(100mW).
  6. Headphone Mute
  7. 3D Awesomifier On/Off
  8. Input Selection
  9. The headphone output and the line output will have discrete analog circuits.

In development (and continually taking other suggestions):
  1. Balanced output - On process

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #244 of 13,800
  Thank you for your votes/suggestions. Just to recap so far what we have...

Updated Features:
  1. Removed decorative "V" on the front panel.
  2. Changed from a glossy acrylic front panel to metal.
  3. A large volume control knob (controls both headphone and line out).
  4. Informative LED's to the front panel to display sample rates, etc.
  5. Gain switch, three positions: High (3W) Medium (1W) Low(100mW).
  6. Headphone Mute
  7. 3D Awesomifier On/Off
  8. Input Selection
  9. The headphone output and the line output will have discrete analog circuits.

In development (and continually taking other suggestions):
  1. Balanced output - On process

Yep - they're all new ... apart from the 3d Awesomifier On/Off and Input Selection, which were always part of the original specs - they haven't been updated at all (can you really imagine a multi input device with no ability to select between the inputs - LOL).

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #245 of 13,800
Anyone else getting a poor response over email from Light Harmonic. Enquiries about a bundled purchase of all three items and postage have been met with canned responses or silence.

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #246 of 13,800
Patience. They are a small company that is juggling 2 big projects. The CEO has been answering my emails, but I have had to wait multiple days for responses.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #247 of 13,800

Yep - they're all new ... apart from the 3d Awesomifier On/Off and Input Selection, which were always part of the original specs - they haven't been updated at all (can you really imagine a multi input device with no ability to select between the inputs - LOL).

Yep you're right!....I'll edit it..

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #248 of 13,800
Anyone else getting a poor response over email from Light Harmonic. Enquiries about a bundled purchase of all three items and postage have been met with canned responses or silence.

Hi, Gikgill

Sorry for our late response, we are making a much better web forum system for backers like you to put questions there.
Individual emails really kill us... :wink:

Answering your question, we could do combined shipping, but the cost of shipping international for you will remain the same after we checked with shipping company. Since we will pack individual 
very well and the weight is the same even if we combined all together, their rate is the same.  So $40 for Geek Pulse, another $40 for Geek Blue, and $20 for Geek Out. Sorry about that.

Cheers,

Larry

Nov 14, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #251 of 13,800
  Our new forum web site is online now!

Welcome to post there... www.LHLabs.com

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

I registered and got a link in an email to activate my account but when I clink the link I get a "403 - Access forbidden".  Is there a problem with authentication to the site?

Thanks,
Gery

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #255 of 13,800
I guess there is a reason why it's beta:D

I signed in without bigger trouble and verification came instantly. I think I came in during low traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back